Thread: Steve Mason helps replace kids stolen goalie gear

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Steve Mason helps replace kids stolen goalie gear

I always like these little stories. Anyone who plays goalie, or has a kid who plays goalie knows how expensive this gear can be. To Steve Mason, this is a drop in the bucket to his wallet but to this family it probably meant the world. Good on ya Steve!

http://www.bardown.com/good-guy-stev...tolen-1.659726
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, SBennett

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Re: Steve Mason helps replace kids stolen goalie gear

Now that's a good guy. I seem to recall there were some articles years back about him doing the same thing in Columbus, or donating his used gear to beer-leaguers or somesuch.

I think it was a minor scandal that he donated pads to someone, who then informed the equipment manager for the Blue Jackets that his pads were 1" under the regulation width allowed for NHL keepers ?

Talk about mildly embarassing, lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Now that's a good guy. I seem to recall there were some articles years back about him doing the same thing in Columbus, or donating his used gear to beer-leaguers or somesuch.

I think it was a minor scandal that he donated pads to someone, who then informed the equipment manager for the Blue Jackets that his pads were 1" under the regulation width allowed for NHL keepers ?

Talk about mildly embarassing, lol.