Thread: Greiss (and NYI) ROS?

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Greiss (and NYI) ROS?

Do the isles turn it on and become one of the top 2nd half teams this year? I'm looking for a some G depth for the playoffs. I need to play 2 in a weekly H2H format, and currently have Price, Budaj, Lehner, Vasilevski. Considering the jonathan quick factor, could Greiss be my #2 after Price for the ROS?

I'd have to make a deal to acquire him, but I feel like I can do it without overpaying. just trying to figure out if he's worth a roster spot over those other G's (vasilevski is more of a long term project beyond this year). I also recognize at some point I will have to drop Budaj into the FA pool, but I need to ride him until Quick is back.
    Weekly H2H 4games/week. 14 Teams,21 Player roster+ 3 protected prospects
    20 week Regular season + 3 Rounds of Playoffs
    Keep 10

G+A = 1pt, Dman G+A = 1.5pt, PPG =1pt, PPA = 0.5pt, SHG = 1pt, SHA = 0.5pt, ShootoutG = 0.25pt, GWG = 1pt, Hatty = 3pt, DMan Hatty = 5pt, +/- (For D only) = +/- 0.5pt, W = 2pt, L = -1pt, OTL = 1pt, ShootoutL = 0.5pt, SO = 1pt, S = 0.1pt, GA = -0.5pt, Goalie Goal = 5pt

Each week play: 3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 3 D, 2 G
    C: Stamkos, Tavares, Getzlaf, Zibanejad
    LW: Schwartz, Kase, Debrusk, Dzingel
    RW: Ehlers, Lindholm, Zuccarrello, Tuch
    D: Letang, Burns, Krug, Edler
    G: Vasilevskiy, Fleury, Saros, Domingue
    Prospects: Sorokin, Kaprizov, Hart

Dobber Sports Master

Default Re: Greiss (and NYI) ROS?

isles are going to play hard for weight. theres alot of character in that room so they'll never give up .

whether they can sustain current pace of winning & weights choice of goaltending starters remains to be seen - its just nice being an isles & having team back in the race .

- - - Updated - - -

isles are going to play hard for weight. theres alot of character in that room so they'll never give up .

whether they can sustain current pace of winning & weights choice of goaltending starters remains to be seen - its just nice being an isles & having team back in the race .

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I think I saw that Quick is now out until March. Consider Budaj the guy for the rest of the year, more or less. If you can move Lehner for Greiss, I'd do that.

You might be able to move Budaj for a sizeable return to the Quick owner at this point.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

The Great One

I'm in on Greiss when you consider his numbers (this season and the last few) and I think he will be given the ball to run with. As always though depends on cost of acquiring him, especially after back to back shut outs and 4 quality starts, that may be the bigger issue
    Experience is the teacher of all things.

Dobber Sports Pro

Yes Greiss. Looking very solid. My best goalie for a month now.
    HTH Daily League, 8 teams, (goals, ppp, +/-, assists, SOG, W, GAA, SV%) keepers in Bold.

C (s3) EP40, ​Trocheck, Marchessault LW, Horvat

LW (s3) Johnny Hockey, Parise, Terivinen RW, Meier RW
    RW(s3) Wheeler C, Taresenko, Atkinson, Gallagher
    Until(s1)

D (s4) Carlson, Yandle, Jones, Trouba

G Dubnyk, Rittich, Markstrom, Binnington

IR Ehlers, Hall