Thread: Bertuzzi vs Havlat

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Bertuzzi vs Havlat

who gets more points this year?

i have to pick one of these two, and i think if havlat can play 50-60 games he will put up better numbers than bertuzzi. however, maybe, just maybe, having bertuzzi playing with iggy this season can push him above 60?

what is everyones thoughts?
    12 Team Keeper (keep 4f, 2d, 1g, 1anything, 1 rookie) Points only.

F: Ovechkin, Backstrom, Thornton, Nash, Hossa, Semin, Pominville, Voracek, Zetterberg, Burrows, Brunner, Steen, Galchenyuk

D: Phaneuf, Shattenkirk, Carle, Wideman, Ehrhoff, Pitkanen, B. Smith

G: Lundqvist, Rask, Khubodin, Biron

IR: Lupul, Green, Kesler

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Havlat for two reasons.

1. He is a much more skilled player and should be able to produce whenever he wants. He\'s showing that so far.(kinda pissing me off because I had him LAST year!!)

2. This is way more important: HE IS IN A CONTRACT YEAR. He will force himself to stay healthy for as long as humanly possible and will play close to, if not, 70 games. My money is slowly sliding towards the 70 side. He will average slightly more than a P-P-G and collect big bucks again from some stupid owner with short term memory and deep pockets. Then he will return to the Martin Havlat we all know and hate because of his unfulfilled potential and injury plagued seasons.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Kinda like asking \"how should I die - hemlock or hari kari. Havlat certainly has the talent and likely should be picked in a points league for that reason - but when you do, ask him to \"kindly not lean on his stick for fear he will dislocate something\".

I have Bertuzzi in my money league and happy so far but I think I would probably accept a swap of Havlat for him - big risk but ehhhh that\'s fantasy hockey.

Dobber Sports Initiate

If you have an injury reserve and can sub for injured players than this isn\'t even close... Havlat has crazy ppg stat potential but he is fragile... as much as he may try to keep himself healthy because it\'s a contract year?!?! (That was a weird statement) He just seems to be one of those unlucky fragile players.

If you can\'t sub out injured players than you have two guys with injury concerns and I\'d probably look at other options or go with risk vs reward and grab havlat.
    "I mean technically, I could say that every defender's upside is 80 points and never 'lose my house.'"
    - lanky 522

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

pudge wrote:
    as much as he may try to keep himself healthy because it\'s a contract year?!?! (That was a weird statement)
    Why is that a \"weird\" statement? Do you think that teams are gonna pay him the huge money he\'ll want if he cant even play 45 games in a contract year? Of course not. And he knows this.

Players usually have career years before they get payed heavy bucks.(Jason Blake for instance). In his 3 year & $18 million contract, Chicago payed for potential as well as star appeal.(Kane & Toews hadnt played a single game yet. They needed a star)Now they wanna pay for production. In order for to Havlat to have that career year, he needs to stay healthy. And I believe that he will stay healthy for a much longer period of time than he has shown in the past. Not so weird, is it?