Thread: Weber vs Hickey Rest Of Season

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Weber vs Hickey Rest Of Season

I signed weber in November for 12m...depleted my salary, now I have none lol

I am in 4th place, the GM in second place is interested in Weber.
    Since I signed Weber for all that wonderful money, he has generated my 8 pool pts (+/- included)

Hickey has generated 6.

I am pretty sure I can snag, my own first round draft pick back, plus Hickey for Weber.

How do you see both producing over the rest of the year?
    Will Weber change significantly in your opinions.
    Salary Cap League:
    13 Team, G, A,+/-, W-2, OTL,SO-3
    30 max, 21 weekly active roster (12F, 7D, 2G)
    Note: Our league is 1 year behind in terms of available players and salary. Salary doesn't change for length of Pool contract.

Team:
    F-Trochek, Necas, J.T.Miller,McCann,Terry,Engvall, Zibanajed,mikhehev,GourdeHagel, Petterson,skinner
    D-
    Lindgren,Barrie,Forsling,.Morrisey,Aho,Ekblad,fabe r
    G-
    ,ulnarkSherstkin, Ned

(*) = Multi year deal

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Default Re: Weber vs Hickey Rest Of Season

I had to look up who Hickey is, honestly. I would think Weber destroys Hickey in productivity the rest of the year. Weber is a 40+ point guy, Hickey might be a 25 point guy this year, for the first time in his career. And the Islanders are much, much worse than than the Canadiens.

Since you signed Weber off the wire, what other expensive defenders are on the wire? There has to be someone with a better production to cost ratio than Hickey out there. List the other guy's roster, and we can fins a more useful cheap scrub than Hickey, I would think. I did notice, salary is a year behind, which helps Hickey, but I still think there has to be someone better.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

The Great One

Out of interest what is the scoring that would have Weber at 8 and Hickey at 6???
    Experience is the teacher of all things.

Dobber Sports Deity

If you can afford to keep Weber, I am keeping Weber. You had to know the cost going into it when you signed him. That whole 8pts vs 6pts is a small window of their production I'd say.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, SBennett

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

I'd take a hickey over weber... but only if the chick is hot and it's placed strategically on my body! Otherwise, I'm keeping weber and trying to figure out some alterative as any thread matching Hickey and Weber suggests a scoring breakdown that I simply can't comprehend.

There has to be SOME very good and far cheaper option than a guy that Stevegamer had to google to confirm who he was.

- - - Updated - - -

I'd take a hickey over weber... but only if the chick is hot and it's placed strategically on my body! Otherwise, I'm keeping weber and trying to figure out some alterative as any thread matching Hickey and Weber suggests a scoring breakdown that I simply can't comprehend.

There has to be SOME very good and far cheaper option than a guy that Stevegamer had to google to confirm who he was.

Dobber Sports Ace

I don't think there's a wacky scoring system involved here, I think he's just counting on the fact that he acquired Weber in November right before his slump. Keep in mind that Weber had 18 points and was a plus 16 by November 26th. Since, he has 6 points and is a minus 2. His production just seems to have started again the past few games.

All this said, never confuse Weber with Hickey. He'll get going again. If you can get a much better D than Hickey to replace him with along with cap savings, go for it, but I wouldn't entertain this move. Especially when Montreal is down 4 or 5 key players - you'll be kicking yourself when they get back to full strength.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't think there's a wacky scoring system involved here, I think he's just counting on the fact that he acquired Weber in November right before his slump. Keep in mind that Weber had 18 points and was a plus 16 by November 26th. Since, he has 6 points and is a minus 2. His production just seems to have started again the past few games.

All this said, never confuse Weber with Hickey. He'll get going again. If you can get a much better D than Hickey to replace him with along with cap savings, go for it, but I wouldn't entertain this move. Especially when Montreal is down 4 or 5 key players - you'll be kicking yourself when they get back to full strength.
    20-Team Keeper League
    PTS: G=1, A=1, W=2, SO=3
    Starting roster: 6F, 3D, 1G, *Keep 12 + 2 on farm

F: Kucherov, Scheifele, Eichel, Tarasenko, Rakell, Schwartz, Dadonov
    D: Doughty, Josi, Ekman-Larsson, Keith
    G: Hellebuyck
    Farm: Tolvanen, Kaprizov

16-Team Keeper League
    PTS: G=1, A=1, W=2, SO=3
    Starting roster: 6F, 4D, 1G, *Keep 12 + 4 on farm
    F: P Kane, Kessel, Pastrnak, Keller, Marchessault, B Schenn, Fiala, Kase,
    D: Weber, Karlsson, Pietrangelo, Parayko
    G: Rask
    Farm: Kravtsov, A Boqvist, Necas, I Samsonov

Dobber Sports Apprentice

are we talking about yannick weber? cuz I could see the comparision...
    league info G(2) A(1) -+(1)PIM (.25) PP/SH bonus G (2) A (1.5)
    Goalie S (0.15) GA(-1) W (2) SO (3)
    15 starter ( 11f 3D 1G) // 5 bench 4F 1D
    Keep 5
    and Keep rookies that are on bench and under 100Gp
    F: Giroux , Stamkos,Benn,Seguin,Gaudreau,Voracek,Kopitar,Ranta nen,Kuznetsov,Zucker,Landeskog
    D: Gostisbehere,Krug,Letang,Montour
    Bench: Patrick,Kaprisov,Mittelstad,Tuch

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

OHHHH... is this Yanik Weber? My comments are clearly directed to Shea.