Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: My trade is getting a veto?

Dobber Sports Master

Default Re: My trade is getting a veto?

money changes everything

Dobber Sports Ace

Unfortunately, I'm in a league where an unfair veto last season led to several owners leaving the league and friendships being strained.

It is just not worth the aggravation; make sure the veto rule is crystal clear to every owner and that the commish will enforce it. A veto should only be used if there is clear evidence of collusion or manipulation of another owner IMO. Trades should be encouraged since it is one of the best ways for teams to improve, owners to be engaged and competition to be enhanced.
    Champion: 2010, 2014, 2015, 2016
    12 Team Keeper League - 12F, 6D, 3G, 3 Bench (Keep 6, in Bold)
    $250 Cap (0-9 +3; 10-19 +4; >20 +5 each season)
    WW = $10

G, A, +/-, PPG, PPA, GWG, SHG, W, GAA, SV%, SO - Points Based League

F: Guentzel (15), Point (11), Barzal (18), WNylander (15), Trochek (1), Eberle (1), Domi (4), Toffoli (1), TBertuzzi (1), Buchnevich (1), Tuch (1), Puljujarvi (1)

D: Theodore (17), Heiskanen (15), Pulock (7), Sanheim (1), Faulk (1), Morrissey (1)

G: Markstrom (7), Saros (15), Binnington (39), Jarry (40)

B: DeSmith (1), Lindblom (1)

IR or Out: Ghost (1), OEL (9), Teravainen (28), PMyers (1)

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by Front89 View Post
    A veto should only be used if there is clear evidence of collusion or manipulation of another owner IMO. Trades should be encouraged since it is one of the best ways for teams to improve, owners to be engaged and competition to be enhanced.
    100% agreed.

I would add that the vetoed trade appears perfectly balanced. It should operate as an example of fair and balanced dealing, and it is shocking to see it used as an example of an offside transaction. Going forward, if this trade is vetoable, what trade wouldn't be?
    13 team Keeper, top 8F, 4D and 2G count. 1pt G/A, 2pt W/SO.
    Protect up to 500 points in a full season
    (K) denotes keeper

Keepers:

F: Draisaitl, Thompson, Thomas, Zuccarello, Konecny, Marchessault Ehlers, O'Reilly, Tarasenko, Perron, Coronato, Seguin, Atkinson, Rossi, Michkov
    D: Q Fox, Sergachev, Dobson, York, Hutson
    G: Vasilevsky, Jarry, Levi

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Well the veto is official, and time to move on. I was wrong earlier it was 3199 days since the last veto.

In reaction today I dropped O. Palat and added Keith Kinkaid who I will drop tomorrow. I will then add another Goalie with upcoming B2B and drop him the next day. This is a denial of service attack.

The owner who put forth the veto only drafts 1 goalie a year and streams the crap out of goalies every year. We have no max moves for a year so he works this system hard all year. He basically starts any goalie playing against Carolina, Arizona, Buffalo, etc. We have a 3 day waiver period and I can block 3-4 goalies with dropping Palat and up to 6-8 (if I drop another player) on the waiver wire myself and he will add drop 1-3 every few days himself. I hate to do it, but I feel like he deserves it.
    10 Team Yahoo Roto Keeper:Keep 6 each year
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D, 2G, 5BN

G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, SOG, HIT
    W, GAA, SV%, SO

Keepers in Bold:

RW: Kucherov
    G: Helly

Hercules

It should be controlled by commish I think. PPl who don’t like it have to come out to voice their opinion publically because it’s too easy to veto a trade with one click. If someone has a big issue with a trade, they’ll post it.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C:
    LW:
    RW:
    D:
    Util:
    G:

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by hipcheck View Post
    I'm not leaving the league, lol, these are some of my only friends, we all play adult league hockey together, the dude crying the most is my best friend. I know the trade is good, this thread is mostly for fun. Me and first place guy put $100 up between ourselves each year and I am out $300 over the last 3 seasons. If this trade Does get a veto, I still plan to win! I will rub it in everyday that Werenski puts up a point!

I get crap 24 hours a day from these dudes anyways, it is fun when I launch two trades and their lives get gets upended!
    I know exactly how you feel... I mean, look at my team in sig. The only reason I don't win every year is because of random injuries and other players on other teams having 1-hit wonder seasons most of the time. Every time I make a trade, there's 6-7 managers that love to vent on the move, whether I get the upper hand off the bat or not (I traded my Wheeler 4-5 years back for Frolik when both were starting to heat up... I got crap for it and ended up losing big... I traded my Marchand, M. Green and a 1st for the 1st overall pick which was MacKinnon... got crap for it too but have yet to reap the full benefits... I did win many trades off the bat as well, hence my solid roster in a 16-team league but it didn't come easy and since I'm one of the few who makes deals, I always end up getting the criticism)

My point is, you will always have managers that are ''jealous''; these are typically found in friend leagues like yours and mine. Trading is always intended to better your team; sometimes you have a bigger plan than what is shown on the surface and sometimes you ''sell'' that plan to your trading partner to show what he can be getting down the line. Other managers don't always consider this and tend to jump the gun the second a top team makes a trade.

Hopefully for you, your trade doesn't get vetoed, but if it does, I like your attitude about it! Good luck hipcheck!
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Cooley, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Neighbours, Reichel, Holloway
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

Dobber Sports Apprentice

His reason for being up in arms is this:

#1 no one trades in our dang league besides me! I landed two trades in 15 minutes with two different owners.

He said how could we let someone get a 35th overall ranked player for some 500th ranked player, basically.

I pulled out a list of undrafted players I have rostered in our league in the last few years:

Ghostisbehere 46 in 64 games
    Klingberg 40 in 65 games
    Kucherov 65 in 82 games
    Hudler 76 in 78 games

I even pointed out N. Foligno and Panarin were waiver wire adds who produced 70 points.

What ever, I guess I enjoy laughing about this. I will use the system just like he does this year.

W, GAA, SV%, SO

Keepers in Bold:

The Wolverine

You only mentioned one owner voting to veto - were there others?

Dobber Sports Giant

Well the veto is official, and time to move on. I was wrong earlier it was 3199 days since the last veto.

In reaction today I dropped O. Palat and added Keith Kinkaid who I will drop tomorrow. I will then add another Goalie with upcoming B2B and drop him the next day. This is a denial of service attack.

The owner who put forth the veto only drafts 1 goalie a year and streams the crap out of goalies every year. We have no max moves for a year so he works this system hard all year. He basically starts any goalie playing against Carolina, Arizona, Buffalo, etc. We have a 3 day waiver period and I can block 3-4 goalies with dropping Palat and up to 6-8 (if I drop another player) on the waiver wire myself and he will add drop 1-3 every few days himself. I hate to do it, but I feel like he deserves it.
    Oh crap, didn't see that it was officially vetoed... That sucks!

As for the goalie move against the other manager, it will annoy him no doubt but don't lose your overall focus on him. Winning the league pisses everyone off; the goalie thing just pisses him off!
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Cooley, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Neighbours, Reichel, Holloway
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by horrorfan View Post
    You only mentioned one owner voting to veto - were there others?
    Had to be 4, I know at least him, his brother, and first place guy all voted. I am not sure on the 4th

W, GAA, SV%, SO

Keepers in Bold:

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Bass56 View Post
    Oh crap, didn't see that it was officially vetoed... That sucks!

As for the goalie move against the other manager, it will annoy him no doubt but don't lose your overall focus on him. Winning the league pisses everyone off; the goalie thing just pisses him off!
    I was thinking of dropping Palat anyways, I was going to add a D or C to get some hits (im up in winger games played and need some hits) I can afford to roster 1 extra G for a few weeks.

A few years ago he was in 1st and me 2nd and I rostered 6 goalies a day and dropped them everyday and added more, he got pissed!
    That year we were very close (in fact we were tied in shutout points and 1 shut out would win the league for him and close the gap for me) and we both added the ANA goalie for the last day of the season. I added Khudobin on April 7th and he added Anderson on the 9th (WHO WAS INACTIVE!) anyways, he gets the start and the shutout! I should have dropped another guy and blocked him then!

I just think he does not want to be a loser this year and is reaching for straws while he sits in last place.

W, GAA, SV%, SO

Keepers in Bold:

Dobber Sports Expert

This league sucks
    13 team Keeper, top 8F, 4D and 2G count. 1pt G/A, 2pt W/SO.
    Protect up to 500 points in a full season
    (K) denotes keeper

Keepers:

F: Draisaitl, Thompson, Thomas, Zuccarello, Konecny, Marchessault Ehlers, O'Reilly, Tarasenko, Perron, Coronato, Seguin, Atkinson, Rossi, Michkov
    D: Q Fox, Sergachev, Dobson, York, Hutson
    G: Vasilevsky, Jarry, Levi

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Werenski and a 16th round draft pick (from me)

For Bergeron and his 20th round pick ( our last round is 20th)

He has Bergeron, Couture, Kopitar, Larkin @ C

I have Subban, OEL, Klingberg, Byfuglien, and Werenski @ D

What do you guys say?

There is not much trading in our league, I am about the only guy who can get a trade done. We had 4 trades last year, 3 by me.
    This deal should absolutely NOT be vetoed.. I just don't get it??
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Seeds of Grapes View Post
    This league sucks
    It is an ok league, I am sure there are worse leagues!

I am thinking next week during our adult league hockey game about not passing to his sorry ass all game, now that would be a very low move. I do not think I can do it because we are 9-0 for the season and as much as he was a D-bag for the veto, he is my friend the D-bag, and I dislike losing to other teams more than I dislike him for the blocking of my trade!

W, GAA, SV%, SO

Keepers in Bold:

Dobber Sports Veteran

Maybe people dont know who Werenski is?

- - - Updated - - -

Sounds like a toxic situation you should find another pool man, with better rules. We do this for fun not for stress and finding ways to get around rules etc.
    10 Team Limited Keeper (Keep 8) Points Only
    SALARY CAP (Player Salaries) League
    20 Player Teams = 12 Fwd 6 D 2 G

My team: ???