Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: What happened to Ryan Murray?

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: What happened to Ryan Murray?

Quote Originally Posted by Sulla View Post
    Wrong way round Axe

To quantify my point - I think his opportunity to be a top pairing guy in CBJ has disappeared right now... That's not to say he can't still be one but in his current position I don;think he has any chance TBH
    He was a top pairing guy with solid PP time last year (if I'm not wrong, had more PPTOI per game than any other Blue Jacket Dman). In fact, only two players had more TOI per game last season; JJohnson and Savard.

His chance to be a top pairing guy has not disappeared. In fact, I'd say he's headed in the right direction
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, SBennett

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Initiate

isn't he currently on the top pairing with Jones? I thought's that how they finished out last year, or was it just the top pp d pairing?
    ---------
    12 team ESPN H2H
    auction draft (260 budget)
    limited keeper (4 keepers)
    2016-17 Champion, 2017-18 Runner-up
    G,A,+/-,PIM,PPP,GWG,FOW
    W,SO,GAA,SV%
    Start 1 LW/C/RW, 3 D, 3 Util, 2 G

C - J. Hughes
    LW - Panarin
    RW -
    D - Bouchard
    G - Levi

Packer Fan

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by joe jones View Post
    isn't he currently on the top pairing with Jones? I thought's that how they finished out last year, or was it just the top pp d pairing?
    http://dobberhockey.com/players/ryan-murray

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    thought so
    Attached Images Attached Images
    ---------
    12 team ESPN H2H
    auction draft (260 budget)
    limited keeper (4 keepers)
    2016-17 Champion, 2017-18 Runner-up
    G,A,+/-,PIM,PPP,GWG,FOW
    W,SO,GAA,SV%
    Start 1 LW/C/RW, 3 D, 3 Util, 2 G

C - J. Hughes
    LW - Panarin
    RW -
    D - Bouchard
    G - Levi

Packer Fan

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by Sulla View Post
    Wrong way round Axe

To quantify my point - I think his opportunity to be a top pairing guy in CBJ has disappeared right now... That's not to say he can't still be one but in his current position I don;think he has any chance TBH
    Why exactly would a top pairing dman at the end of last year, lose his chance at being a top pairing dman over the summer. The guy just justed 23 years old this week and has only played 160 NHL games in his career. He's already a top pairing dman and he's still getting better. Murray and Jones are going to play 25 minutes per game together at evens and likely on both the PP and the PK. They are going to be what Weber/Suter or Weber/Josi were for the next 5+ years. Murray and Jones are the main reasons why I think Columbus is going to do much better than people are thinking at this point in the off-season.

The Great One

We will see... Jack Johnson had a terrible year last year and I think there is a rebound from him and I also think Werenski cannibalises some of his time. Finishing last season as a top pairing guy is different to being a top pairing guy to start this season or finish it!
    Experience is the teacher of all things.

Dobber Sports Sage

Few NHL D ever really start to hit their stride before age 23. And Murray just turned 23 three days ago. So lets see what he does this year before we write him off too soon. By the end of the year he could be the next big thing, or on the other hand, he could cement Band-Aid Boy status. Or Torts could ruin him with a mind-f*ck, run him out of town like Johansen, with that madman in charge who knows. Will be one of the more interesting young players to observe. I live near Everett and he was a local hero playing for the Silvertips, so I am hoping he does well.

The Great One

Not writing him off yet just don't like the CBJ spot and you sum up a lot of them lol
    Experience is the teacher of all things.

Dobber Sports Master

alot of isles fans kinda gave up on calvin de haan ever becoming anything due to his injury woes ; now he's a steady 3-4 .

I'm not sure if r.murray becomes an offensive guy that puts up 40+ with regularity but he should become a steady 3-4 like de haan that flirts with 30

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by butch View Post
    I'm not sure if r.murray becomes an offensive guy that puts up 40+ with regularity but he should become a steady 3-4 like de haan that flirts with 30
    I really don't like this comparison. Murray has already exceeded de Haan's career best plus Murray is already averaging 23 minutes per game.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Injuries happened to Murray but his upside hasn't really changed: 30-40 points.

I think Werenski will overtake that #2 spot from him in a few years, making Murray a very good #3, but Murray will likely spend these next few years (his prime years) on the top pair, so no worries yet.

Administrator

I really see Murray suffering from Adam Larsson syndrome at some point. Except in Murray's case it will be because competent defensemen are taking away his PP time. There was no excuse for what happened with Larsson in NJ last year.

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    I really don't like this comparison. Murray has already exceeded de Haan's career best plus Murray is already averaging 23 minutes per game.
    it was moreless a a dont lose faith kind of statement , not a de haan - murray offensive potential comparison .

even though I believe the isles drafted de haan to be an offensive d , it obviously hasnt panned out that way .