Thread: Rank these 3 plz: Hart, Fucale, Comrie

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Rank these 3 plz: Hart, Fucale, Comrie

What goalie prospect is the best of the bunch? Whos the worst?

Im trying to pick one up for a deep keeper league. Just want to know if anyone has a good sense on these guys?

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Rank these 3 plz: Hart, Fucale, Comrie

I find ranking goalie prospect is like playing the lotto; all you can do is pick your numbers and hope for the best.

My rankings for these kids:

Fucale
    Comrie
    Hart

Obviously just a guess at this stage in their careers.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, SBennett

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

The Great One

Comrie. Fucale. Hart.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by als_revenge View Post
    Comrie. Fucale. Hart.
    I see it this way as well. Fucale has slipped in the rankings overall for prospect G's IMO. He's not down in Jack Campbell territory yet but he may already be slipping behind G's in his own organization never minds others.
    14 Team Head to Head(Fantrax)
    4C-4LW-4RW-6D-1 SKATER-6 or 7 BENCH
    Salary Cap-$119,250.000

C-N Backstrom/R Johansen/A Kempe/S Monahan
    LW-J Guentzel-J Huberdeau-C-N Niederreiter
    RW-B Boeser-P Buchnevich-K Fiala-T Wilson
    Skater-Z Smith
    D-J Carlson-J Faulk-S Johns-M Matheson-R Ristolainen-M Stone
    BENCH-A Burakovsky-N Goldobin-O Kase-J Puljujarvi-R-J Vrana-M Mueller
    G-F Andersen-J Quick-B Elliot-J Saros

Prospects:
    J Ang-J F Karlsson-D Gambrell-F Gauthier-J Kyrou-T-A Bjork-I Chekhovich-E Cernak-D-J Larsson-J Schmaltz
    V Husso-J Oettinger

2018 DRAFT-SELECTING 9TH
    Noah Dobson-Jake Wise-Akil Thomas-Jonathan Tychonick-Blake McLaughlin

The Great One

Comrie - everyone is on the Helly bus but he did slow down the back end of his first stint in the NHL so I can see Comrie nipping at his heels when Hutch is gone.

Fucale - hasn't lived up to his billing and in Montreal that's a long wait

Hart - let's see him play in the pro game before seeing what we have (or at least speculating!)
    Experience is the teacher of all things.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Sulla View Post
    Comrie - everyone is on the Helly bus but he did slow down the back end of his first stint in the NHL so I can see Comrie nipping at his heels when Hutch is gone.

Fucale - hasn't lived up to his billing and in Montreal that's a long wait

Hart - let's see him play in the pro game before seeing what we have (or at least speculating!)
    You do realize that Fucale basically had identical numbers to Comrie last year, both in their first full time seasons in the AHL so I dont understand how you can say that Fucale hasn't lived up to his billing? What "billing" was that? The future backup to one of the best goalies in the world?

Also, with Hellebuyck the heir to the throne in WPG, how do you expect Comrie to be any closer or further away than Fucale. If anything, Fucale could be closer if Price continues to struggle with injuries.

Fucale: 42GP, 16-19-4, 3.13GAA, .903 Sv%
    Comrie: 46GP, 13-25-7, 3.12GAA, .907 Sv%

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, SBennett

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

The Great One

The difference is organisation, team in front of him, expectation based on draft choice (wasn't he almost a round ahead of him?) and also progression - though they had similiar numbers last year - look at the numbers the year before? Did he perform up to his draft selection? Even when he was traded mid season?

Jets will lose their starter (Pavelec) next Summer one way or another allowing Helly and Hutch to share next season and after that when Hutch is UFA the slot is open for Comrie (especially as right now the only goalie competing with him internally is Jamie Phillips). He already showed this year that he can split time with Helly - Helly didn't get it all his own way.

Montreal will possibly lose Montoya next Summer and may mean Condon comes back up or even Lindgren. The Summer after is Price's year for UFA and I can't see Montreal losing him for nothing, especially at 31, when he'd be considered in his prime.

dont get me wrong lots can change in that period for both organisations but I'd rather Comrie over Fucale based on my own thought process...

Dobber Sports Deity

Both were picked in the 2nd round of the 2013 draft, although Fucale was drafted ahead of him.

The Great One

Quite a bit ahead - 36 v 59.... And Fucale went as the first goalie, which always carries expectation and with Jarry amd Desrosiers picked between them also, hence I think the expectation on Comrie would be lower so when considering they matched each other last season I know which one I'm more impressed with

Dobber Sports Ace

Comrie
    Fucale
    Hart
    14 team h/h dynasty
    Stats, G A PTS PIM +/- PPP SHP GWG shts TOI hts/blks W sv% gaa SO
    $89 mill salary cap, cap hits
    minors- players under 60 gms, goalies under 30 gms
    3c 3lw 3rw 4d 2util 1goal
    max 23 plyr rstr, 15 minors

CENTERS Kuznetsov, Necas, Petterson, Hughes, D.Strome, Seguin, Hayes, Scheifele
    LEFTWING Gaudreau, Mantha, Forsberg, Keller
    RIGHTWING Kakko , Debrincat, Thomas, Konecny
    D-MEN Girard, Provorov, McCavoy, Dobson, Makar
    GOALIES Gibson, Shesterkin, Sorokin
    IR
    MINORS Brannstrom, Kostin, Dennisenko, Kaprizov, Tippett, Cozens, Tolvanen, Zegras, Byfield , Vessalainen, K.Miller, Kyrou, Janik, Bokk, Lundell, Heinola, Hoglander, Lundkvist

Dobber Sports Deity

Quite a bit ahead - 36 v 59.... And Fucale went as the first goalie, which always carries expectation and with Jarry amd Desrosiers picked between them also, hence I think the expectation on Comrie would be lower so when considering they matched each other last season I know which one I'm more impressed with
    As I said, both were 2nd round picks so there's expectations on both of them. Looking at their 1st pro year numbers, both showed promise and both showed growth issues. That's to be expected with young goalies. I just know that Hellebuyck is the future starter of Winnipeg, not Comrie. I am not saying he isn't a very good goalie prospect, I just don't like his situation as much as I prefer Fucale's.

The Great One

And as I say I see Fucale behind a guy who has at least 6-7 (and even conservatively 5) top years ahead of him that's all

Dobber Sports Deity

And as I say I see Fucale behind a guy who has at least 6-7 (and even conservatively 5) top years ahead of him that's all
    How many years do you project Hellebuyck has in front of him as the starter in WPG?

The Great One

As I mentioned I'm not sure I'm sold Helly is a sure thing - look at his splits... At least Price has a Vezina and a couple of other trophies to back up his claim to being an undisputed number 1....

Dobber Sports Sophomore

It is a complete crapshoot on goalies. As a Habs fan, I'm still going with Comrie>Fucale>Hart. IF the first two are to make an NHL impact, chances are it will not be for their current teams.
    16 Team Salary Cap Dynasty, Daily H2H (Cat.)
    A, Blk, G, Hit, +/-, SOG, TOI/G, STP, SV, W, GAA, SV%
    55 max roster, 23 Main
    C: Galchenyuk, Stepan, Bjugstad
    LW: Forsberg, Skinner, Ovechkin
    RW: Gallagher, Shaw, Connolly
    D: Krug, Pietrangelo, M. Stone, Murray, Despres, Bigras
    G: Bobrovsky
    Res: Faksa, Josh Bailey, Brodin, Lehner
    Minors:
    F: Athanasiou,Dano,C. Brown,Boeser,Jost,Milano,Perlini,Scherbak,Crouse, Erne,Lehkonen,Devin Shore,Bellows,Benson,Cassels,Harkins, Roslovic,Sokolov (Radulov, Stastny and Ferland as veterans in minors; post passing waivers)
    D: C. Carrick,Kulak,Jacob Larsson,McKeown,C. Nelson,Paliotta,Tryamkin,Walman
    G: Korpisalo,Blackwood,Soderstrom,Campbell