Thread: Goalie robs beer store

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Default Goalie robs beer store

Make sure to watch the video... full video of person dressed in goalie gear as him and another individual rob a beer store in small town Manitoba.

http://www.winnipegsun.com/2016/08/2...f-goalie-thief
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Wizard

Default Re: Goalie robs beer store

Guess he took Daryl Reaugh's oft used line about "Goaltender Larceny" a little too literal...
    Your beer mug isn't half-empty, your just half-way to the next refill.....

Going through all that for a few cases of beer... must have been his turn to bring beer to summer beer league

Dobber Sports Titan

Only in Canada...
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    Going through all that for a few cases of beer... must have been his turn to bring beer to summer beer league
    Damn younger generations, too proud to dig through the sofa cushions trying find enough loose change? That's a rite of passage.

Dobber Sports Master

if the guy dressed as a G plays ball-hockey then someones going to recognize the way he runs lol.

Quote Originally Posted by NoWayOut View Post
    Damn younger generations, too proud to dig through the sofa cushions trying find enough loose change? That's a rite of passage.
    Either that or inflation has kicked their butt! And there is no such thing as pennies in Canada anymore... so less coin to find in the couch.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Either that or inflation has kicked their butt! And there is no such thing as pennies in Canada anymore... so less coin to find in the couch.
    I keep forgetting the world has moved on and most everybody uses credit cards for everything. I mean the vending machines at work allow you to use your credit/debit card to purchase chips and candy bars. So no wonder there's no change in the sofa cushions like in my youth.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I hang my head in shame for my home province. Yeah beer's expensive-get a job and pay for it like the majority do.

Russell is only some 1600 people or so, if they were locals they'll be caught fairly quickly. The fact they didn't have a car likely means they were.

Sad and why was the goalie carrying his stick. The place was obviously closed so unlikely they were going to run into anyone. Might been able to carry more beer without it.

Quote Originally Posted by AngelicAssassin0 View Post
    I hang my head in shame for my home province. Yeah beer's expensive-get a job and pay for it like the majority do.

Russell is only some 1600 people or so, if they were locals they'll be caught fairly quickly. The fact they didn't have a car likely means they were.

Sad and why was the goalie carrying his stick. The place was obviously closed so unlikely they were going to run into anyone. Might been able to carry more beer without it.
    I agree... why was he carrying the stick... and yes... small town should be easy to catch. Also... I was wondering if they parked their car off to the side so that they didn't get it caught on camera... just a guess. Cause the way they were running was into a wide open parking lot which increases the chances of them being seen.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I agree... why was he carrying the stick... and yes... small town should be easy to catch. Also... I was wondering if they parked their car off to the side so that they didn't get it caught on camera... just a guess. Cause the way they were running was into a wide open parking lot which increases the chances of them being seen.
    Quite possible about the car but then I might have tried to make a couple trips at least to make it worthwhile, lol. Unknown if there was an alarm, silent or otherwise, or what the response time might have been. Hoep they took a half decent brand too so that when they are caught they don't come out looking like even bigger schleps. Trying to picture Russell in my mind but it's been quite awhile and it's not like when you're driving through you stop and say "Wow, this is Russell". Pretty sure I haven't even stopped to piss in Russell.

The cop shot is only like a block away from the vendor... and its right on the highway so response time should have been quick. And only reason I know is from playing minor hockey against them all through my career. haha

Drop the stick man and grab more beer!! HaHa..

I've actually been to that store and bought beer there.. Too funny..
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

The Great One

That's taking getting a post game beer to a whole new level
    Experience is the teacher of all things.