Thread: Weird rules in your fantasy league

Dobber Sports Icon

Default Weird rules in your fantasy league

Inspired by the video posted below, do you have any weird rules and/or prizes in your fantasy leagues?

This guy had to recreate a music video for finishing last in his fantasy football league. The video was chosen by the winner.

Without me, it's only "aweso".

The Great One

Default Re: Weird rules in your fantasy league

Not my league, but this one is pretty brutal...

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-sh...7760--nfl.html

Dobber Sports Ace

Wow, I expected weird keeper rules or cap requirements. That was... eye opening.

I was going to add that my dynasty league has a rule that just states "No exploitation of rules loopholes." Which in itself is vague enough that sometimes we have to debate what constitutes a loophole. But after that video... Dang. I guess we need to get weirder.
    9 Team Dynasty Salary Cap (AAV)
    G 1.5, A 1, PPP 1, SHP 1, +/- 0.5, MmP 0.25/Min, HIT 0.1, GWG 3, BLK 0.25 Gordie Howe Hattricks 10 (Skaters)
    W, L, GA, SHO, SV (Goal)
    Start 12 F 6 D 2 G
    11 Player Bench (Max 2 Bench G)
    15 Player Farm Team

F: Kucherov, Teravainen, Galchenyuk, Johansen, W Nylander, W Karlsson, Gourde, Vrana, Athanasiou, Vatrano, Buchnevich, Haula, Stastny, Puljujarvi, Eberle, Little, Kovalchuk, Kravtsov, Terry, Bertuzzi, Bratt, Kunin, Hintz, Heinen, Kahun, Sikura, Chytil, Iafallo
    D: E Karlsson, Montour, Gardiner, Girard, Faulk, Martinez, Fox, Cernak, Weegar, Pionk, Pilut, Bayreuther
    G: Gibson, Bishop, Raanta, Allen, Talbot, Blackwood, Delia, Husso

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

The loser in our NFL draft has to wear a hoola skirt and coconut bra and is responsible for serving drinks at the draft the following year.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Haven't really seen too much in NHL but to this day.....Errors in a MLB league......every frigging year I give the commish $hit for this and he doesn't budge.

Administrator

In my dynasty league we have to honor NHL contracts and players cannot be dropped without buyout penalty. This includes LTIR guys like Pronger who is still occupying an IR spot to this day. Silly rule.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Titan

My brother put together an MLB points league a couple years back. He didnmt really think it through, and counted defensive assists as 1 point (for reference a HR was 1.5 and a K was 0.5). He thought it was a good idea to give guys like Bautista a little boost for their great arm in the outfield, but didn't think about the infield assists. So I won by a mile with a stacked team of SS that had OF eligibility. It was a money league too. I haven't really been part of any crazy bits like tootoos or tattoos though.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    The loser in our NFL draft has to wear a hoola skirt and coconut bra and is responsible for serving drinks at the draft the following year.
    Hahaha that is friggin awesome! I like the idea of punishments for the last place GM. Definitely a good incentive to not tank.

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    Haven't really seen too much in NHL but to this day.....Errors in a MLB league......every frigging year I give the commish $hit for this and he doesn't budge.
    Yeah, fantasy hockey doesn't seem to lend itself to odd rules the way NFL and MLB do.

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    In my dynasty league we have to honor NHL contracts and players cannot be dropped without buyout penalty. This includes LTIR guys like Pronger who is still occupying an IR spot to this day. Silly rule.
    That's a tough one to swallow. Is that the UHL?

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    My brother put together an MLB points league a couple years back. He didnmt really think it through, and counted defensive assists as 1 point (for reference a HR was 1.5 and a K was 0.5). He thought it was a good idea to give guys like Bautista a little boost for their great arm in the outfield, but didn't think about the infield assists. So I won by a mile with a stacked team of SS that had OF eligibility. It was a money league too. I haven't really been part of any crazy bits like tootoos or tattoos though.
    Yeah, exploiting rules like that almost makes it too easy sometimes doesn't it haha.

Dobber Sports Icon

Interesting timing... The Chive just had a good feature on some fantasy football punishments for losing.

Dobber Sports Titan

I’m in a baseball league that has a ton of categories:
    Runs (R), Hits (H), Home Runs (HR), Runs Batted In (RBI), Stolen Bases (SB), Walks (BB), Batting Average (AVG), On-base + Slugging Percentage (OPS), Extra Base Hits (XBH), Double Plays Turned (DPT)

Wins (W), Saves (SV), Hits (H), Total Batters Faced (TBF), Earned Runs (ER), Strikeouts (K), Earned Run Average (ERA), (Walks + Hits)/ Innings Pitched (WHIP), Strikeouts per Walk Ratio (K/BB), Strikeouts per Nine Innings (K/9), Pitch Count (PC), Quality Starts (QS)

Other than that we do a “Keep 4, or keep 5 and forfeit your first round pick. If you’ve traded your first round pick the season before, you auto can only keep 4”. Adds a bit to pre-thinking your keepers vs who you’ll draft.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll