Thread: Jenner vs Nugent Hopkins

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Jenner vs Nugent Hopkins

I got Jenner and I could swap him 1:1 for RNH

Jenner is signed at 2.9m for 3 years and RNH costs 6m

I think I'll keep Jenner tbh, I know I could also try to swap Jenner for Spooner. It could work

RNH is the 3rd C at this point, the best defensive center, wich won't help in a points only league.

Is Jenner a 45-55 points or does he have a higher upside?

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Jenner vs Nugent Hopkins

Quote Originally Posted by Overated Veteran View Post
    I got Jenner and I could swap him 1:1 for RNH

Jenner is signed at 2.9m for 3 years and RNH costs 6m

I think I'll keep Jenner tbh, I know I could also try to swap Jenner for Spooner. It could work

RNH is the 3rd C at this point, the best defensive center, wich won't help in a points only league.

Is Jenner a 45-55 points or does he have a higher upside?
    Points only, I prefer RNH but the salary difference does level this off pretty quick. What is your cap situation like?

I am not sure why you think RNH is 3C at this point. I expect him to be 2C and Draisailt will be 3C or moved to the wing. I am a little nervous for Draisaitl this year without Taylor Hall if I am being completely honest with you.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, SBennett

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Yeah i guess it's a wait and see situation. I expect RNH to play the tough minutes, is he even a PP lock at this point? It just blow my mind how both Eberle and RNH had their best season when they were rookies. How can you explain that really

Dobber Sports Titan

I agree with Axe that I would go with RNH if there was no cap. Since there is, it depends more on your cap situation.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Deity

Yeah i guess it's a wait and see situation. I expect RNH to play the tough minutes, is he even a PP lock at this point? It just blow my mind how both Eberle and RNH had their best season when they were rookies. How can you explain that really
    I'll be shocked if he isn't a mainstay on the Oilers top PP unit when healthy. Thats been an issue for Nuge; staying healthy, but the same can be said to some extent for Jenner too.

In the five seasons that RNH has been in the league, he's been over 50 points in three of them. Not as bad as it may appear considering how bad the Oilers have been.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, SBennett

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Ace

Cap league(and if your rig against the cap) I like Jenner. If cap not and issue for you I like rnh more.

- - - Updated - - -

However, with the 3 mill you'd save on Jenner, you could add another 40pt player to make up the difference and some.
    14 team h/h dynasty
    Stats, G A PTS PIM +/- PPP SHP GWG shts TOI hts/blks W sv% gaa SO
    $89 mill salary cap, cap hits
    minors- players under 60 gms, goalies under 30 gms
    3c 3lw 3rw 4d 2util 1goal
    max 23 plyr rstr, 15 minors

CENTERS Kuznetsov, Necas, Petterson, Hughes, D.Strome, Seguin, Hayes, Scheifele
    LEFTWING Gaudreau, Mantha, Forsberg, Keller
    RIGHTWING Kakko , Debrincat, Thomas, Konecny
    D-MEN Girard, Provorov, McCavoy, Dobson, Makar
    GOALIES Gibson, Shesterkin, Sorokin
    IR
    MINORS Brannstrom, Kostin, Dennisenko, Kaprizov, Tippett, Cozens, Tolvanen, Zegras, Byfield , Vessalainen, K.Miller, Kyrou, Janik, Bokk, Lundell, Heinola, Hoglander, Lundkvist

Yeah exactly, my cap situation is alright I guess, we got 88m for a 25 player roster, even if we only have to dress 10F 5D and 2G per week. I know I'll be able to draft players like Sharp, Lucic and Marleau in the 5th + round. So I guess I'll just keep Jenner.

Also Jenner is almost guaranteed to be on the first PP while Nuge will have to fight Drais and Mcdavid to deserve it.

Dobber Sports Deity

Yeah exactly, my cap situation is alright I guess, we got 88m for a 25 player roster, even if we only have to dress 10F 5D and 2G per week. I know I'll be able to draft players like Sharp, Lucic and Marleau in the 5th + round. So I guess I'll just keep Jenner.

Also Jenner is almost guaranteed to be on the first PP while Nuge will have to fight Drais and Mcdavid to deserve it.
    Why do you keep saying this? You obviously didn't watch many Oilers games last year. Both RNH and McDavid were PP1 last year (when both were healthy). RNH didn't have to fight anyone for his spot. He was right there with them.

You're right though, And with Hall gone I guess it's even better news for him. I guess I'm just trying to convince myself that Jenner is the better option

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Points based only = RNH. All around multicat-stats plus cap = Jenner.

Dobber Sports Ace

Jenner is just coming into his own and will be relied upon more by his team. The cap savings is a bonus. Go with Jenner.

Dobber Sports Icon

Nugent-Hopkins will be facing 2nd pair dmen for the first season of his NHL career this year. Since he came into the league, he's always faced the other teams top d pairing. Connor McDavid is going to change that this year (they did not play together much last season). Both RNH and McDavid will be on the #1 PP unit. If RNH plays 80 games this year, I expect him to have 70 points. Jenner likely maxes out at 55 points.

If you have the cap space, I would move Jenner for RNH in a heartbeat in a points only league.