Thread: Bruins or Sens: Which\'ll be better this year?

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Bruins or Sens: Which\'ll be better this year?

Hi, as a habs fans, there is nothing that I like more than to sow confusion and hatred in the enemy ranks.

Therefore, the question goes as follows: Who\'ll be the better team this year, Bruins or the Sens?

Personally, I like the guys from beantown. They\'re a tough as **** team to play against, and I believe they\'ve got comparable depth on offense if a) Bergeron stays healthy b) The Kessel that we see is last year\'s playoff super-Kessel and c)Ryder starts scoring at a normal pace again (20+ goals). On Ottawa\'s side, if Spezza and Heatley don\'t show some heart pretty soon, it\'ll be a very long summer again.

The defense I think goes to Boston simply because they play a grittier style of team defense in which the D is helped by the forwards. Ottawa? Not so much. The sens defense is very defensive this year, with no Meszjaros or Redden, but there are issues with team commitment to defense.

In goal, I think Gerber\'s equivalent to Thomas but, thanks to the Leafs, the B\'s have got some depth on that position, that Ottawa doesn\'t have. If Gerber doesn\'t deliver, the Sens are ****ed.

So B\'s it is for me!

Discuss!
    Keeper, points-only 15 keepers a year
    Forwards
    Forsberg, J. Hughes, Kyrou, Beniers, Caufield, Suzuki, Lafrenière, Krejci, Keller, Marchment, Roslovic, Gallagher, N. Robertson, Sillinger, Holtz, Wright, Eklund, B. Lambert
    Defensemen
    Girard, Q. Hughes, Sandin, Dahlin, Petry, Hronek, Drysdale, Jiricek, Perunovich
    Goalies
    Saros, Quick, Allen

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

They\'ll be close, but I think the Bruins will be better.
    GO WINGS!

Dobber Sports Veteran

Ottawa:
    -The top 3 is reunited. The 2nd line is already getting thin. They have something like Vermette-Fisher-Neil or something 2nd line...that wont win many championships. Also, the team is CLEARLY lacking a PP D-Man. You can\'t say Kuba can fill the void...if they had managed to grab someone like Schneider I would say hands down Sens. You can\'t really like Gerber either. He has flashes of brilliance (Canada vs. Swiss) and has played some amazing games but the goaltending is just too inconsistant in that city! When will they learn!

Bruins
    -On the other hand, the B\'s can only get better from last season. With adding Bergeron they now have an amazing PP if they can find that winger on the right side. They also added Ryder...but apparently that is not panning out. If he could find away to click with any of the top 2 lines he could again match 30 goals but its hard to say he will come close after being kicked off the Savard line so soon. As mentioned in another thread \'When will Kessel get the apprecation he deserves?!?!\' If Kessel gets a shot at the top line it will be a scary team to see. Thomas you would have to say is a better then Gerber just because last year we saw the difference in goaltending.

I live in Ottawa so it pains me to say...

B\'s > Sens
    Follow me for some fantasy hockey, Jays tweets @thelandshock

Dobber Sports Ace

11 months ago Sens were the best in the league,now i\'d say they\'re not even better than Boston.:silly:
    God bless us,everyone of us!

Dobber Sports Sophomore

WildHendy wrote:
    11 months ago Sens were the best in the league,now i\'d say they\'re not even better than Boston.:silly:
    I the last 11 months they replaced Corvo, Redden, Meszaros, Emery, Eaves, Lapointe & Mc Grattan with Ruutu, Kuba, Picard, Auld & J Smith.

What a talent drop off!
    Unorthodox KeeperH2H. 8 teams

FROLOV ZETTERBERG ERAT
    FILPULLA ROY BROWN
    CARCILLO GETZLAF STEEN
    WOLSKI OSHIE HORTON
    OKPOSO KOPITAR ZHERDEV
    BURROWS CROSBY STAFFORD
    UMBERGER BERGLUND SETOGUCHI
    NILSSON ANTROPOV SELANNE
    BACKLUND

SPACEK PICARD HUET
    JOVANOVSKI JONES BACKSTROM
    VISHNOVSKY TYUTIN LUNDQVIST
    MARKOV ROBIDAS GARON
    BURNS OHLUND ELLIOT
    CARLE WAGNER
    YANDLE SALMELA
    RUSSELL

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I don\'t know if my Sens will hold off Boston. But it doesn\'t matter. It\'s all part of the master plan.

Remember when Detroit made it to the finals, got swept by NJ and trudged along for a couple of years before returning and winning it all? Remember when Anaheim and Carolina did the same thing?

Each time the team had to shift its strategy. They had the talent, just not the intangibles to win. So they spent a couple of years fine-tuning their roster.

Ottawa locked up its core and is now adjusting its roster in the same way. They really needed to purge the team of bad elements and regain their focus. The talent is there, but the attitude hasn\'t been. That\'s what they\'re working on now.

Maybe not this year, but in 2010/2011 the Sens will be back in the Finals, and they\'ll win the Cup.

Unless they don\'t.
    "If the all star game is about showing off ur skills. If I was in the breakaway competition, I'd dump it in and change."
    -Paul Bissonette, "BizNasty2point0", on Twitter, January 30, 2011