Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: [Rumor] Bruins preparing an offer sheet for Trouba?

Dobber Sports Genius

Default Re: [Rumor] Bruins preparing an offer sheet for Trouba?

Quote Originally Posted by Ingolo View Post
    Another team (one who hasn't traded all their picks) could make a smaller offer. Something in the 5.5 range. All they'd lose would be a 1st and a 3rd. I'd be curious what Winnipeg would do. Matching would leave them three dmen at that AAV or higher, but that's not enough return for Trouba. Clearly they're not as worried about an offer sheet as Boston was with Hamilton though, or they would have him locked up already. Might be a case of his agent holding out for a big contract since he knows the offer sheet threat is there.
    They'd match a 5.5M offer sheet without blinking. They've got cap space and their owner is loaded. They'd match, then just spend some time looking for a trade partner, if it was higher than they were comfortable with. I'm sure they'd be fine with 5.5, but if they weren't, I'm pretty sure teams would be interested in a very good young right-handed defenseman.

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by CascadeFilly View Post
    They'd match a 5.5M offer sheet without blinking. They've got cap space and their owner is loaded. They'd match, then just spend some time looking for a trade partner, if it was higher than they were comfortable with. I'm sure they'd be fine with 5.5, but if they weren't, I'm pretty sure teams would be interested in a very good young right-handed defenseman.
    True, and if they do match, I think thet would probably try to move Myers over Trouba. Won't likely fetch the same value, but there's a reason for that, and I think they're a stronger team with Trouba.
    9 Team Dynasty Salary Cap (AAV)
    G 1.5, A 1, PPP 1, SHP 1, +/- 0.5, MmP 0.25/Min, HIT 0.1, GWG 3, BLK 0.25 Gordie Howe Hattricks 10 (Skaters)
    W, L, GA, SHO, SV (Goal)
    Start 12 F 6 D 2 G
    11 Player Bench (Max 2 Bench G)
    15 Player Farm Team

F: Kucherov, Teravainen, Galchenyuk, Johansen, W Nylander, W Karlsson, Gourde, Vrana, Athanasiou, Vatrano, Buchnevich, Haula, Stastny, Puljujarvi, Eberle, Little, Kovalchuk, Kravtsov, Terry, Bertuzzi, Bratt, Kunin, Hintz, Heinen, Kahun, Sikura, Chytil, Iafallo
    D: E Karlsson, Montour, Gardiner, Girard, Faulk, Martinez, Fox, Cernak, Weegar, Pionk, Pilut, Bayreuther
    G: Gibson, Bishop, Raanta, Allen, Talbot, Blackwood, Delia, Husso

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyfan321 View Post
    Then 99% of the GMs are bad cause no one does it. Smile.
    No, most NHL GM's are pusses. They are too afraid to piss off the other GM's and hurt their chances of a future trade.

I would use this tool to my advantage. It's too bad GM's don't.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, SBennett

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    No, most NHL GM's are pusses. They are too afraid to piss off the other GM's and hurt their chances of a future trade.

I'd be the most hated GM in the league next to Axeman (trust me Axe, that is a compliment in this case), as I would have no compunction to make a legitimate offer sheet for an RFA that I truly believed would make my team better. I wouldn't do it just hoping the original team's GM would overpay, and screw his team up because the gamble is too great. However, if it makes my team better and is reasonably priced, I wouldn't blink.

Bottleneckers (12/16 in 2022)
    16 team, points only. G: 2-W, 4-SO.
    Top 9F, 4D & 1G . Keep 15, Max 23
    F: J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Tavares, Lafreniere, Cozens, Newhook, Teravainen, Domi, R. Strome, Laine, Rossi, Raymond, Holtz, Perfetti
    D: Bouchard, McAvoy, Morrissey, Heiskanen
    G: Vasilevskiy

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by The Bottlenecker View Post
    I'd be the most hated GM in the league next to Axeman (trust me Axe, that is a compliment in this case), as I would have no compunction to make a legitimate offer sheet for an RFA that I truly believed would make my team better. I wouldn't do it just hoping the original team's GM would overpay, and screw his team up because the gamble is too great. However, if it makes my team better and is reasonably priced, I wouldn't blink.
    If you're sure you can get the player, great, but in this case, you won't, unless you're way overpaying. Unless you're pretty confident, you achieve nothing positive with an offer sheet. [I know you were speaking in general terms, Bottlenecker]

Frankly, an offer under 5.6 would almost be doing Chevy a favour, because I think Trouba's agent will make this signing quite difficult. It's when you get into tier 6 that things get interesting. The compensation isn't great, but I'm sure the Jets don't want to pay Trouba anywhere in the 7M range.

Chevy likes to string things along forever and wait things out. Even with the sensible young D signings over the last while, I think Trouba's agent will play hard ball, and this could last a while.

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post

That I agree with. They don't seem to mind in NBA where there is no compensation.

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by The Bottlenecker View Post
    That's the problem if it was a reasonable they will just match it anyhow.

Ahhhh it's the old boys club syndrome.

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by newfcollins View Post
    Shouldn't the Bruins have just kept Hamilton for $6 million rather than making a crazy-high offer to a different dman? That's bad asset management.
    Hamilton turned down the contract offer, he just didn't want to stay in Boston.

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis4022 View Post
    Hamilton turned down the contract offer, he just didn't want to stay in Boston.
    That's the first I heard of that. Where'd you hear that?

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by newfcollins View Post
    That's the first I heard of that. Where'd you hear that?
    http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/s...ugie-hamilton/
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, SBennett

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."