Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: [Rumor] Matt Duchene to Winnipeg for Jacob Trouba

I...am your father.

Default [Rumor] Matt Duchene to Winnipeg for Jacob Trouba

Glean from this what you will:

Hockey sources indicated to CSN that Colorado is dangling Matt Duchene with the hopes of ultimately landing Trouba...That’s discouraging to the Bruins, who were perhaps hoping that a combination of Ryan Spooner/first-round pick/prospect -- or something like a David Krejci trade package -- would be enough to land a coveted young, top-pairing defenseman.
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Re: [Rumor] Matt Duchene to Winnipeg for Jacob Trouba

Duchene for Trouba makes a lot of sense.

Wpg has the cap space, and Duchene would be a nice replacement for Ladd or he could slot in as the #1C. He would also help their pp.

Col needs a future stud on D and Trouba could fill that slot. If Barrie leaves, even more reason to like this deal. I'd say it's a win/win for both.
    WHL - 24tm multicast salary partial keeper
    19 Active / 6 Reserve / 15 Minors
    3C/3LW/3RW/3F/6D/1G
    Skaters: G/ A/ +/- /PIM/SOG/PPP/Hit/Blk/FOW-C
    Goalies: GS/W/OL/GAA/SV%/SV/SHO/ShL/A

Dobber Sports Deity

I know Duchene is a highly coveted player but I dont understand why the Jets would need him. He's a center and they are already set down the middle with Little and Scheifele at 1/2.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, SBennett

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I know Duchene is a highly coveted player but I dont understand why the Jets would need him. He's a center and they are already set down the middle with Little and Scheifele at 1/2.
    Duchesne is better that Little and Winnipeg did not make the playoffs with the team they currently have.
    - I said... "God damn this tablet is heavy!"

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Moses View Post
    Duchesne is better that Little and Winnipeg did not make the playoffs with the team they currently have.
    It is really, really, REALLY not a hard name to spell. My god.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Moses View Post
    How so? Please elaborate.

So you are saying the Jets missed the playoffs because of Little? You don't have to answer that, I already know what you are going to say but to insinuate that was the reason why the Jets missed the playoffs is just silly.

Little is signed for two more years so unless the Jets plan on moving him out (obviously they arent moving Scheifele) this type of deal doesnt make sense.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, SBennett

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    Let us toss him back to where he came from for his spelling sin!

Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Cooley, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

Dobber Sports Giant

So you are saying the Jets missed the playoffs because of Little? You don't have to answer that, I already know what you are going to say but to insinuate that was the reason why the Jets missed the playoffs is just silly.

Little is signed for two more years so unless the Jets plan on moving him out (obviously they arent moving Scheifele) this type of deal doesnt make sense.
    I don't think he was saying that Little IS the reason they didn't make it. He simply said that the team at hand was not good enough to make the playoffs. Adding another talented player to the mix can only help, no ? PS: both Little and DucheSne are able to play wing as they have showcased it in the past! I would still keep Little at centre though so I agree that there is no reason to bring in another centre unless he can be converted to a winger.
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Cooley, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

Dobber Sports Sage

It does make sense if they move Duchene to LW on the top line though. Duchene-Little-Wheeler would immediately be one of the better Line 1s in the league. Then you drop Ehlers-Schiefele-Laine in Line 2 and we are talking about a serious playoff contender. Kyle Connor would probably be earmarked for the AHL in this scenario.

Dobber Sports Pro

Ugh I know, it's so stressful when people misspell names on online forums! Keep your head up and we can get through these grammar travesties together! Life is rough. My god.

Now if you'll excuse me--- I am going to go pay my bills, bend over for my boss, try to end this tiff with my lady, and figure out how to lose this beer gut. But only if I can find the time to get to that stuff... I've noticed A LOT of spelling errors online today.

Dobber Sports Expert

IF this were an avanue the Jets explored, it would be to move Duchene to the wing. Figure they draft Laine or Puljujarvi to fill you #2RW (Wheeler #1RW) and you have Ehlers on the left side and who else? Little or Scheifeler aren't going to move to the wing so Duchene can fill in a slot on the left side. Plus it never hurts a team to have multiple players who can take draws on a given line and Duchene is a very good man on the draws. Figure a nice compliment to Scheifele and Little where now you have guys to cover the draws on each strong side.

I'd really like this move for Winnipeg but one wonders if there is an additional piece to this puzzle. Does Winnipeg try to include a deadbeat contract like Stafford (who expires at the end of 2016/17) plus a pick or two to have Beauchemin added to the deal? Highly doubt Colorado would want to move Beauchemin but just looking at a bigger picture (and spitballing an idea).

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Dushene is overrated anyways. I constantly come away impressed by his skill but absolutely frustrated by his selfishness with the puck. He must be an aggravating player to play with. Not convinced he's a good answer in Winnipeg.

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by iwinthings View Post
    Dushene is overrated anyways. I constantly come away impressed by his skill but absolutely frustrated by his selfishness with the puck. He must be an aggravating player to play with. Not convinced he's a good answer in Winnipeg.
    I've always questioned his hockey IQ. He can fly, but I've noticed some of those team deficiencies as well.

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by iwinthings View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by rtstr View Post
    I've always questioned his hockey IQ. He can fly, but I've noticed some of those team deficiencies as well.
    And that's why Team Canada has selected him for the World Cup and the most recent Olympics over a boatload of other very high end quality hockey players...

Dobber Sports Genius

"God" should be capitalized. But who really, really, REALLY wants to sit around reading people correct each other's spelling?

- - - Updated - - -

I see Winnipeg as a team that needs to get better, not deeper, to get over the hump. Little is a good hockey player. I would argue that a Duchene/Scheifele 1-2 combo is better than a Scheifele/Little 1-2 combo. You shouldn't not try to acquire a Duchene because you have a Little. Better yet a 1-2-3 combo of Duchene/Scheifele/Little is better than a 1-2-3 combo of Scheifele/Little/Lowry.
    - I said... "God damn this tablet is heavy!"