Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Brouwer to Canucks?

Dobber Sports Pro

Default Re: Brouwer to Canucks?

Quote Originally Posted by audiopile View Post
    I'm a Canucks "fan" and have to disagree.

Oh, Brouwer would be a mistake. We need to trade the Sedins to the leafs (retain salary) and get the first overall pick. Start fresh with a potential star rather than a bucket full of 2nd and 3rd liners.
    I dont wanna sound like a jerk to you audio...but this is an example of why im always hard on the Canucks and there fans...they can be really reasonable good hockey fans, then theyll say something absolutely insane like suggesting the sedins will land you the first overall pick. Canadian teams fans should know better...sorry to lump you in audio with the other Canucks fans I know who say absurd things, but your trade suggestion takes the cake.

Oh and they are consistently last in average attendance among Canadian teams(not total attendance but % of capacity), fair-weather fans who will jump ship if the team struggles. Gonna be some sketchy years in Van coming up, theres a reason they had to drop ticket prices this summer(something sports teams HATE doing,) cause they know attendance wont be great.

ps. All in fun, Van the city is great, people are great, but Canucks fans....ugh just not crazy bout you guys
    pps. plz sign Brouwer Van, bring back Burrows after this year too hes so Canuck-y
    10 Team Roto Keeper League; 20 Keepers;
    Stats: G,A,Pts,ppg,ppa,pims,+/- ; W,sv%,svs
    C: Seguin, Panarin, Carter
    LW: Benn, Hall, Buchnevich, Coyle, Zucker
    RW: Kane, Simmonds, Stone, Nino, Gallagher
    D: Subban, Doughty, Byfuglien, Jones, Mcdonagh, Fowler
    G: Price, Holtby, Halak, Reimer

Dobber Sports Stud

I'm guessing attendance vs other canadien teams has something to do with the far better weather in Vancouver but that's not really important to me....you can't argue the point of C-nucks ineptitude and then claim the fan base is of lesser quality for being smart enough not to reward poor performance....

For all you van fans I'm a 35 year old second generation blues fan and we would be labeled a "smart" "successful non-traditional" franchise.....well guess what losing is losing and it all feels the same! I keep telling myself when it finally happens it will taste all the sweeter.....in the meantime thank god for the baseball Cardinals
    16 Team Dynasty Weekly H2H Fantrax (starters in bold)

G A P +/- PIM SOG PPP H+B FOW --- W SV SV% GAA SO

(C) Krejci, Spezza, Koivo, Statsny Faksa
    (LW) Zetterberg, Duclair, Ehlers, M Domi Belesky, M Martin
    (RW) Pastrnak, Oshie, Larkin, Toffoli S Reinhart, Brouwer
    (D) J Honka, Seabrook, Goligoski, D DeKeyser, Vatanen, Parayko L Schenn, S Johns
    (G) Ward, Lack

Prospects- W Nylander, C Dvorak, I Barbashev, C White, T Rattie, M Dal Colle, A Mantha, R Barber, L Crouse, M Barzal, C Keller, L Brown, C Fischer, B Point, J Forsbacka-Karlsson

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by STLblues View Post
    I'm guessing attendance vs other canadien teams has something to do with the far better weather in Vancouver but that's not really important to me....you can't argue the point of C-nucks ineptitude and then claim the fan base is of lesser quality for being smart enough not to reward poor performance....

For all you van fans I'm a 35 year old second generation blues fan and we would be labeled a "smart" "successful non-traditional" franchise.....well guess what losing is losing and it all feels the same! I keep telling myself when it finally happens it will taste all the sweeter.....in the meantime thank god for the baseball Cardinals
    Sadly not even the best year to be a Cardinals fan. Only third in their division at the moment. Makes it tough being stuck with Pittsburgh and the Cubs though.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by donions View Post
    I dont wanna sound like a jerk to you audio...but this is an example of why im always hard on the Canucks and there fans...they can be really reasonable good hockey fans, then theyll say something absolutely insane like suggesting the sedins will land you the first overall pick. Canadian teams fans should know better...sorry to lump you in audio with the other Canucks fans I know who say absurd things, but your trade suggestion takes the cake.

Oh and they are consistently last in average attendance among Canadian teams(not total attendance but % of capacity), fair-weather fans who will jump ship if the team struggles. Gonna be some sketchy years in Van coming up, theres a reason they had to drop ticket prices this summer(something sports teams HATE doing,) cause they know attendance wont be great.

ps. All in fun, Van the city is great, people are great, but Canucks fans....ugh just not crazy bout you guys
    pps. plz sign Brouwer Van, bring back Burrows after this year too hes so Canuck-y

I'll reply to you and all the others here. I don't really think that would happen silllies! But that is the kind of thing people throw out on local radio. As much as the Twins take crap, they are pretty damn good hockey players and fun to watch. I have followed them their entire career here. Amazing to see how much they have changed and improved for their days of tripping and falling all over the ice. They will continue to be role models for the new kids on the block.

But I get what you are saying about Canucks fans. They are still debating whether or not the Bonino / Sutter trade was a good one...

Canucks had "sell-out" crowds for 474 games up until 2014. But it isn't like we disagree I think. Your stats just help enforce my point. Yes they lowered ticket prices because fans are leaving for whatever else is hip. Here they do not have the luxury of having a huge population to auto-fill the seats like Toronto. That was the point I was trying to make.

Oh, and for the record, I like Seattle wayyyy more than Vancouver . The people are friendlier, and much better looking. I kind of hate Vancouver actually, so we can disagree there.

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by donions View Post

Oh and they are consistently last in average attendance among Canadian teams(not total attendance but % of capacity), ...
    Quote Originally Posted by audiopile View Post

Canucks had "sell-out" crowds for 474 games up until 2014.

Just to clarify I heard the info bout attendance second hand and believed it, looking further im not even sure if thats true. Pretty sure they had higher attendance % then Ottawa for example, so I take back my attendance jab.
    yea seattle is pretty awesome, only been to Van once but I did really like it.
    Ive done a lot of Canucks bashing on this forum over the years but its all in fun.
    10 Team Roto Keeper League; 20 Keepers;
    Stats: G,A,Pts,ppg,ppa,pims,+/- ; W,sv%,svs
    C: Seguin, Panarin, Carter
    LW: Benn, Hall, Buchnevich, Coyle, Zucker
    RW: Kane, Simmonds, Stone, Nino, Gallagher
    D: Subban, Doughty, Byfuglien, Jones, Mcdonagh, Fowler
    G: Price, Holtby, Halak, Reimer