Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Removed (OP's Request)

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Removed (OP's Request)

This has been removed (original poster's Request)

- Dobber
    12 Team, One year, Points only - G,A,PPG,SHG, no positional restrictions
    2 points goalie W, 2 points goalie SHO, -.5 goalie loss, start 1 goalie per night
    Hughes, Panarin, Connor, Konecny, Terry, Necas, Gaudreau, Schmaltz, Nichushkin, Zacha
    Makar, Hedman, Andersson, DeAngelo
    Gustavsson, Talbot

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Re: Quit my league over this BS? opinions needed REP

Personally, I'd ask for my money back as that's an extra advantage for the league manager's wife and I'm sure everyone else in the league would be pissed like you as well. I wouldn't drop all the players as that's a way to burn a bridge, but I'd just ask for my money back as that's pure collusion/corruption for that change by the league manager's GM when no one else did anything all season to get the easy points

I hate absent GM's when it takes 5-10 minutes a night tops to really review your team, see who might be available on waivers if someone is hot and done, so the fact he is ok with someone else messing with his team says to me that I wouldn't want to be back either as absent GM's can ruin a good pool very quickly
    1 Year Yahoo H2H weekly, 12 teams...top 8 make fantasy playoffs

Goals/Assists/PlusMinus/PPP/Hits/Shots
    Wins/GAA/SV%

C (play 3): Seguin (W), Couturier, Nugent-Hopkins (W), Staal (MIN), Trocheck
    W (play 6): Hall, DeBrincat, Kreider, Zucker, Neal, Olofsson, Nyquist
    D (play 4): Josi, Suter, Ristolainen, Klefbom, Hronek
    G (play 2, minimum 3 appearances): Fleury, Murray, Halak
    IR+: Drouin (W)

I would leave the league after the season is finished. Obviously she went way over the line with what she did. But I wouldn't stoop to her level by throwing your players on the wire or anything like that. She obviously had her better judgment clouded by the money. That's why I would never play with friends or for that amount of money. So now you probably lose a couple of friends over some fantasy games. I know I could never look at her the same way. Especially if she was supposed to be in your wedding party. Guess it goes to show you what she really thinks of you.
    14 TM Keep 30 H2H Points
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 5 D, 1 UT, 2 G

C - S Stamkos, A Barkov, B Point, L Couture, D Strome, C Dvorak, A Turcotte, P Krebs
    LW - B Marchand, G Landeskog, P Luc Dubois, T Konecny, C Keller, J Farabee, L Raymond
    RW - M Marner, B Boeser, T Meier, J Voracek, W Nylander, K Kaprizov, V Kratsov
    D - Z Werenski, I Provorov, S Gostisbehere, A Pietrangelo, R Pulock, N Hague, L Hughes
    G - A Vasilevsky, J Gibson, I Sorokin, K Kahkonen

Dobber Sports Ace

sucks cause they are all really close friends, we play beer league hockey together, have giant trophies for league winners etc.
    2 points goalie W, 2 points goalie SHO, -.5 goalie loss, start 1 goalie per night
    Hughes, Panarin, Connor, Konecny, Terry, Necas, Gaudreau, Schmaltz, Nichushkin, Zacha
    Gustavsson, Talbot

Dobber Sports All-Star

First thing I would do is talk directly to the league manager and his wife. Find out exactly what happened and who set the absent GM's roster and why. I would be tactful about it. If she actually did what you claim they should both realize quite easily that she was in the wrong. Perhaps from there you can sort things out amicably. People make mistakes. If she admits to making a mistake and tries to correct it, everybody wins. If she and the league manager do not agree that this action was unjust, perhaps it is time to move on from this "friendship", because what was done was obviously not fair or sportsmanlike conduct.
    KHL Fantasy Hockey League Keep 8
    3-C 3-RW 3-LW 6-D 2-G

Forward 5-G 3-A 1.0 STP
    D-Men 6-G 4-A 1.5 STP
    .35 Shot .4 Hit .4 Block .1 FOW
    Goalie 6.5 Win .25 Save -2.5 GA 2-SO

C- Larkin, Hischer, Horvat, R. Thomas
    LW- Stamkos, Hyman, Kreider, Lehkonen,
    RW- Laine, Marchessault, Toffoli. Buchnevich
    D- Doughty, Burns, Letang, Andersson (IR), Faulk, Toews, Pionk, Petry
    G- Vasilevskiy, Copley, Andersen

Dobber Sports Sage

Never play in money leagues where relatives or spouses are managing separate teams. It is a collusion time bomb. Obviously you are sticking around until the end of the season because everything you have put in is a sunk cost and your only chance at a return is if you are still in the league when the final bell sounds.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by wonko View Post
    First thing I would do is talk directly to the league manager and his wife. Find out exactly what happened and who set the absent GM's roster and why. I would be tactful about it. If she actually did what you claim they should both realize quite easily that she was in the wrong. Perhaps from there you can sort things out amicably. People make mistakes. If she admits to making a mistake and tries to correct it, everybody wins. If she and the league manager do not agree that this action was unjust, perhaps it is time to move on from this "friendship", because what was done was obviously not fair or sportsmanlike conduct.
    I think this would be the way to go here. She may not tell the same story. I'm not saying she'd tell the truth, but I'd at least give her the opportunity to explain the situation. If what she says sounds like BS, then talk to her husband because he's the commish and a good friend of yours. Not a good spot for him to be in I bet.

If this can't be resolved to your satisfaction, play out the season (hopefully you managed to get in the playoffs!) But keep your money and don't bother coming back to the league next season. Not if she's meddling with other people's teams.
    Follow me on Twitter @Ian_Gooding

Dobber Sports Monster

Lol wow. Even if they were close friends to me I would call em out on that. What BS. No real friend would go behind your back and try to screw you out of money like that. But man....with your wedding party coming up....I might wait to say something until after that just in case they buy you something nice bro. Then let em hear it.

I'd just quit the league. That would send a message to them.

Dobber Sports Ace

i made it into the playoffs! by 1 freaking point.
    unbelievable

if her plan worked out, she would have made it in, and I would be out of the playoffs.

lots of great advice here guys, i appreciate it. Definitely talked me off the ledge! i was about to do something stupid.

I have strong reasons to believe that the comish knew what was going on.

i'm going to talk to him tomorrow and provide an update.
    Gustavsson, Talbot

Dobber Sports Master

I'm glad it worked out for you, but that situation was complete bullshit. It was more than bullshit.... about 150% bullshit. I am appalled on your behalf. This situation is not a new one and if a team is left for a long time without his roster being set, then that is the way it has to continue. There are ways to fix it, but it needs to be fair for all teams involved.

Dobber Sports Deity

If this couple is as close as you say, you should be able to discuss this with them in a tactful manner and explain your disdain for what happened. Tell them how you fell, simple as that.

I'd also tell them that you won't be back in the league next year because of this. I'd rather have them as friends than their money in a hockey pool.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, SBennett

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Titan

I can’t believe they would think it’s right without consulting the league first. I don’t like when commish’s change stuff in the league without discussing it or post about it at the least. This, this was ridiculous. I’d like to know her thinking behind how it’s fair for everyone else in the league to have “free points” off the inactive GM, but you can’t on the last day.

I’d figure out why she’d do it (ask her), then decide what you’ll do. If you didn’t make the playoffs, I’d figure out a way to have you auto-in (her disqualified), and you get your money back no matter where you finish. Making it a stern penalty for her. In fact, you just get her money, or you get a free play next yr.

Thinking about this while typing, she should just get penalized. If you lost, and she lost, someone else would get it so penalizing her and benefiting you doesn’t seem fair. Should just be a penalty for her. If the buy in is like $100, make her go $125/$150 next yr as a fine.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

If it's her first year playing, is it possible that she thought she was doing a good thing by activating the dead team? It definitely needs to be clarified at the very least. Now maybe she wouldn't tell the truth, realizing she was caught, but it would let her know that she can't do that kind of stuff.

20-team NHL cap keeper; auction salaries w/contracts; 4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 2G, 3B, 18 farm
    H2H Cat Wins: G, A, Pts, 2G+A, DPts, PIM, SOG, Hits, Blks, FO%, STG, GWG, G Wins, GAA, Save %, ShO
    C: Stamkos, Toews, DRyan, Compher, Fisher, Haula
    LW: Lucic, Tkachuk, Eriksson Ek, Connor
    RW: Radulov, Tarasenko, JWilliams, Point, Callahan
    D: Braun, Del Zotto, McNabb, CMiller, Petry, Subban, Butcher
    G: Andersen, Rinne
    Farm: Anderson-Dolan, Beaudin, O?Regan, Suzuki, Kayumov, Bastian, Pu, Meloche, Pionk, Poolman, Montembault, Hill

Dobber Sports Stud

Yeah, that's bullshit.

The thing to do would be talk the absent GM into publicly asking why she set his lineup since he is trying to tank. That gets the truth out in the open for everyone to see before you make your complaint.

The crappy thing is, a lot of people are going to say no harm no foul since you managed to get the win. But getting the knowledge out there that she used commish powers to tamper with someone else's lineup for personal gain will go a long way to keep them from trying that again
    #1 Yahoo Keep 5, 14 teams
    C, C, RW, LW, F, F, D, D, D, Uti, G, G, BN, BN, BN, BN
    G, A, P, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, FOW~W, L, GAA, Sv%, saves, SO

McDavid C
    , Kadri C, Zibanejad C, Mackinnon C, Boldy LW/RW, Backlund C, Duchene C/RW, Fantilli C, Batherson LW/RW, Forsberg LW, Zegras C IR, Mintyukov D, Dunn D, Seider D, Hellebucyk G, Kochetkov, Bobrovsky G

Dobber Sports Ninja

There are so many things wrong with this scenario I don't even know where to start.

1) Collusion up the wazoo. Like people said this is why I generally don't get involved with leagues with family members, unless those family members are fiercely competitive with each other and wouldn't pull off this kind of bs.

2) I hate leagues where managers can tank for picks. One interesting strategy that some of my buddies in another league have implemented is that teams that don't make it into the playoffs play out the rest of the season in a "loser's bracket", and winner gets #1. i like that way better, as it entices teams to remain competitive throughout the season.

3) The wife of the commissioner altered another manager's team without permission from that manager, when the manager was not MIA.

4) The wife of the commissioner went INTO HER HUSBAND'S ACCOUNT to do all of this shit.

Either this woman is batsh*t crazy or your buddy is a pu**y and is hiding behind his wife.