Thread: Mcdonagh

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Mcdonagh

Does anyone know if there is anything going on behind the scenes? I've always heard he was a well respected player. But first the Simmonds incident and now it appears komarov almost "targeted" him. We're those two somehow connected? I wouldn't think that normally, but 2 occurrences so quickly makes me wonder if there is more to it.

Also, what does this mean for mcdonagh? Does he need to come back and play with more snarl to his game? Does this affect his play going forward? Does this shorten his career?

I'm in ny and while I don't follow the Rangers as "my team" per say, Ive watched a lot of him and have always seen him as a pretty clean, good 2 way guy. Not overly physical, but not soft. He is the captain and I think he has the respect of his teammates.

Maybe I'm looking to far into this, but I wouldn't see him as a targeted guy.

Dobber Sports All-Star

Default Re: Mcdonagh

Yeah, I think some Yandle owners may have put a bounty on his head.

Sorry. Bad joke. I like Mcdonagh and I think he is respected in the league as a clean and gentlemanly player. I think both of these incidents are just a case of a player being in the wrong place at the wrong time. Simmonds, gave Mcdonagh a very late hit and retaliated to Mcdonagh's cross check out of anger and pain. Komarov just likes to hit everything that moves and made a mistake sticking his elbow out reaching for the hit. Komarov's hit looked worse. He should not have had his elbow out like that.

But at the end of the day, I don't think either player had Mcdonagh's number targeted.
    KHL Fantasy Hockey League Keep 8
    3-C 3-RW 3-LW 6-D 2-G

Forward 5-G 3-A 1.0 STP
    D-Men 6-G 4-A 1.5 STP
    .35 Shot .4 Hit .4 Block .1 FOW
    Goalie 6.5 Win .25 Save -2.5 GA 2-SO

C- Larkin, Hischer, Horvat, R. Thomas
    LW- Stamkos, Hyman, Kreider, Lehkonen,
    RW- Laine, Marchessault, Toffoli. Buchnevich
    D- Doughty, Burns, Letang, Andersson (IR), Faulk, Toews, Pionk, Petry
    G- Vasilevskiy, Copley, Andersen