Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Vetoable deal?

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Re: Vetoable deal?

A trade is a trade .... I don't think anyone at any time should be allowed to veto .. If a 1st place team is willing to pick up parts for draft picks or prospects, what gives anyone the right to veto ... Don't veto, make your team better and stop worrying about veto, be competitive by making your team better, it's ridiculous for people to think VETO MEANS BEING COMPETITIVE
    Kucherov , Pastrnak , Guentzel Miller, Rantanen
    Teravainen , Cirelli, Nelson , Konecny

Ekblad, Girard, Pionk, Parayko , Graves

Vasilevskiy, Hellebuyck , Korpisalo

FARM TEAM --Brannstrom, Drysdale

League Champion-2007-08,2008-09 , 2015-16, 2017-18

Scoring is, G,A,PTS, PPG, PPA, GWG, +/-, SHOTS, GOALIE, W, SAVE %, GAA, SHUTOUT
    12 TEAM H2H, TOTAL KEEPER, NO SALARY CAP.
    ROSTERS-NEED TO START- 6 FOWARDS,4 DEE,2 GOALIES
    6 BENCH PLAYERS.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

no veto

Quote Originally Posted by BOB SOLORIO View Post
    it's ridiculous for people to think VETO MEANS BEING COMPETITIVE

If the pool is for money and the veto option is available, why wouldn't you veto especially considering a trade, although fair, could have a serious impact as to whether you win or lose the league championship?

If that's the case, you are doing yourself a greater disservice not to veto regardless of whether the deal is fair. Take out the veto all together and let the strong survive. It's only the strong teams who will complain anyways. Why? Because it directly affects whether the trade impacts them (enough) against winning a championship.

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by Bra View Post
    If the pool is for money and the veto option is available, why wouldn't you veto especially considering a trade, although fair, could have a serious impact as to whether you win or lose the league championship?

If that's the case, you are doing yourself a greater disservice not to veto regardless of whether the deal is fair. Take out the veto all together and let the strong survive. It's only the strong teams who will complain anyways. Why? Because it directly affects whether the trade impacts them (enough) against winning a championship.
    Because some people in this world have a little bit of integrity, or honour. Do I want to win? Yes. Do I want to win by cheating? No thanks. I doubt however, that this concept is something that a person without a shred of decency, like you, would understand.

Rylant

Dobber Sports Superstar

Is there any cap implications on this trade? Hard to veto when a guy rebuilding. Probably ensures he is in the Matthews sweepstakes.
    Piranha Hockey League est 1990 - Oakley Doakley's - 16 teams
    Pts only W=2 OL=1 SO=3 Auction Draft

WHL - est 2016 Expansion - Glasgow Kiss - 24 teams
    25 pro players / 10 minor league players
    G,A,+/-,PPP,SOG,Hits,Blk,PIM,FOW, W,Sv,GA,SHO

Quote Originally Posted by Rylant View Post
    Because some people in this world have a little bit of integrity, or honour. Do I want to win? Yes. Do I want to win by cheating? No thanks. I doubt however, that this concept is something that a person without a shred of decency, like you, would understand.

Rylant
    Rylant,

Name calling and shaming are not qualities of a person who has "decency" or "integrity" as you so aptly put it. If a league allows you to vote to Veto, then how is this cheating or lacking in integrity for a person to do so? I feel sorry for you... It must be very chilly standing on that soapbox all alone.

Hugs

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by Bra View Post
    Rylant,

Name calling and shaming are not qualities of a person who has "decency" or "integrity" as you so aptly put it. If a league allows you to vote to Veto, then how is this cheating or lacking in integrity for a person to do so? I feel sorry for you... It must be very chilly standing on that soapbox all alone.

Hugs
    In my experience, questioning somebody's decency who seems to pride themselves with their ability to compete objectionably, is neither name calling nor shaming. I do however, understand your need to twist this around in an attempt to make yourself look more favourable, or to get a reaction out of me. I also have absolutely no desire in taking the time to explain why abusing a veto power in any league solely for the purpose of personal gain, might be considered shady.

Rylant

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Rylant View Post
    In my experience, questioning somebody's decency who seems to pride themselves with their ability to compete objectionably, is neither name calling nor shaming. I do however, understand your need to twist this around in an attempt to make yourself look more favourable, or to get a reaction out of me. I also have absolutely no desire in taking the time to explain why abusing a veto power in any league solely for the purpose of personal gain, might be considered shady.

Rylant
    If we had a "Like" button, this post would be getting a million.

Fantrax 18-Team Dynasty, H2H (4C, 8W, 6D, 1G), 25/30
    Unlimited call-ups = 134 gms
    G, A, GWG, PPP, SHP, SOG, H+B, FOW, W, GAA, S, SV%

C: Stamkos, Stepan, Little, T.J.
    W: Kessel, MaGranlund, Simmonds, Landeskog, Hall, Lucic, B.Ritchie, Burakovsky
    D: Gogo, Keith, Leddy, Dumba, Barrie, Forbert,
    G: Rask/Anderson/Mason
    B: Filppula/Hartman/Vrbata/Clendening

Farm: Chartier, Forsbacka Karlsson, Bowers, Chmelevski, Geekie, Gourde, AMorand, MShaw, Haapala, Merkley, Katchouk, Korshkov, Kovacs, Shinkaruk, Lindblom, O'Regan, Bear, Bengtsson, Jokiharju, Kylington, Paigin, Grzelcyk, Stanley, Vaakanainen, Koekkoek, Walman, Fitzpatrick, Berube, Pickard, Zhukov