Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Veto This Trade?

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Re: Veto This Trade?

I don't think I've ever been in an honest 1 year league. I just don't do them anymore. Every single one year league I've ever been in either has a decent portion of the teams just quit and stop logging in by December because they realize their team sucks. Then there's the bullshit trades, usually between friends where it's the last thing one of them does before stopping participating.

Against my better judgement I helped a friend with his last year, we were wire to wire first place, drafted easily the best team for the format. Then about trade deadline time one team makes a horribly lopsided trade with the 2nd place team, insists it was legitimate and done to help his lineup, despite the fact he never even set another lineup, so he never used any of those players he acquired and his lineup had empty roster spots the rest of the season. They got their wish, the guy he traded to knocked us out in playoffs as that trade just stacked his team.

So I'd say the trade is par for the course in a one year league. Although to me if he has an IR slot available, and there's Horvat level players available on the wire then I'd vote Veto since the one person clearly gains no value if they could pick up the same calibre player free.

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by snipshow101 View Post
    I already signed out of this thread but just came across this:

https://help.yahoo.com/kb/SLN6613.html

"If there's a trade in your league that seems blatantly unfair, you can veto it."

Hopefully this puts the discussion to rest. Proof of collusion is not necessary, no doubt that OP should veto this trade.

/thread
    If I was in a league that parented all my trades, that would be the last year I'm in that league. Fair or not doesn't matter. If I want Horvat because I see upside or potential or whatever and the trade gets vetoed. I'd make the trade again, tell the rest of the league to eat s**t, let me make my own trades and stay out of my business.

Dobber Sports Deity

When asked if there are any veto rules in this league you say:

Quote Originally Posted by mdobbs View Post
    No we don't and it has never been a contentious issue in the league. Veto powers are commish only and like I said, in the 5 or 6 years this league has been going on I've only vetoed one trade where the teams admitted to colluding.

As commish I firmly believe that no trade should be vetoed unless there's clear collusion. Here I'm just worried this guy is giving up on his team which I think would be legitimate grounds for a veto. At some level I think as a commish your job should be to try and protect the integrity of the league, especially when money is involved. I would have no problem if he outright dropped McDavid, at least giving him to the highest waiver claim seems somewhat fair. I'm not sure about this though.
    I think your biggest issue is no veto rules written. If you have no proof of collusion then the trade has to go through. You talk about integrity of the league and vetoing deals but you take away the integrity once you start vetoing deals because you don't like them or feel they are unfair. You allow the GMs into your league, you have to allow them to run their teams as they see fit. Once you take away that, you have already lost integrity.

Since you have already said earlier in this thread that there was no collusion, let the deal go through and tighten up your veto rules. Lessons learned.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, SBennett

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Stud

No veto
    I am a die-hard Avalanche fan!
    PARTIAL DYNASTY (Keep 20 from year to year)
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 2G every night

G ,A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    Wins, Saves, SV%, GAA, SO

C-Eichel, Marner (RW), Matthews
    L- Skinner, Pacioretty, Vanek, Perlini, Palat
    R- Hoffman, Byron, Tuch, Kerfoot, Sprong
    D- Ekblad, Gostisbehere, Rielly, Borowiecki, Montour, Girard, Orpik, Schenn
    G-Fleury, Rask, Brossoit, Saros, Kuemper, Appleby

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by snipshow101 View Post
    I'm dumbfounded by the eternal optimism in this thread. It's clearly collusion, veto it.
    It should be obvious that Horvat is barely rosterable, they're not even trying to hide it...
    I really hate colluders
    It's not clearly collusion. Just because a guy is stupid doesn't mean he's cheating.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    Judging Horvat as being worth less than other FAs makes the assumption that he doesn't start realizing his potential this year. He has big upside.

BTW who are these better FA options?
    horvat doesn't really have big points upside.

Dobber Sports Stud

I was looking through the available FAs in my league and found that Horvat has 12 points in the last three weeks. The first thing that sprung in my memory was this thread, so I thought I'd give it a quick bump. Horvat may not be the next breakout star, but in a one year league, the guy who traded a broken McD for Horvat may have won the trade.

14 Team, Keep14 Farm5, 82GP Cap/Position
    Skaters: Points only, Goalies 2ptWin/3ptSO
    Start: 4C,4LW,4RW,6D,2G
    C- Crosby, Zibanejad, Couturier, Zacha, Frost
    LW- Marchand, Huberdeau, McTavish, Rackell, Kuzmenko
    RW- Konecny, Necas, Caufield, Jarvis, Lafreniere
    D- Hughes, Carlson, Werenski, Chychrun, Andersson, Dobson, Weegar
    G- Andersen, Merzlikins, Daccord, Jones
    Farm- Johnston, Foerster, Tarasov, Hutson, Reinbacher
    Picks-1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,11

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

That's a ridiculous trade, veto veto veto!
    1 Year Yahoo H2H weekly, 12 teams...top 8 make fantasy playoffs

Goals/Assists/PlusMinus/PPP/Hits/Shots
    Wins/GAA/SV%

C (play 3): Seguin (W), Couturier, Nugent-Hopkins (W), Staal (MIN), Trocheck
    W (play 6): Hall, DeBrincat, Kreider, Zucker, Neal, Olofsson, Nyquist
    D (play 4): Josi, Suter, Ristolainen, Klefbom, Hronek
    G (play 2, minimum 3 appearances): Fleury, Murray, Halak
    IR+: Drouin (W)