Page 18 of 65 FirstFirst ... 8 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 28 ... LastLast

Thread: It's the THINGS THAT IRK YOU thread - not hockey related

Dobber Sports Monster

Default Re: It's the THINGS THAT IRK YOU thread - not hockey related

Just on youtube today and remembered how much the ads IRK me. the ones where you can skip after 5 seconds is ok, but the mandatory 15 / 30 seconds are ridiculous. Just let us listen to music in PEACE.

My rant of the day!

Administrator

When people refer to young hockey players (NHL/prospects) as "kids". Even more when the guy is like 24 and being called a kid.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Monster

I don't know if I posted this earlier but when people say "just saying" after a sentence...

.... just saying lol

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    When people refer to young hockey players (NHL/prospects) as "kids". Even more when the guy is like 24 and being called a kid.
    Quote Originally Posted by StuntMan12 View Post
    I don't know if I posted this earlier but when people say "just saying" after a sentence...
    Hey Eric, when you're as old as I am, 24 IS a kid...just saying (for my friend StuntMan12)!!!

I won't leave it at that, I'll actually add to this thread in a positive, non-trolly way.

You know what really grinds my gears (today)? Lazy people who can't handle criticism and try to deflect blame or explain their lack of effort or mistakes (made due to taking shortcuts...because they are lazy). What happened to giving an honest effort instead of trying to game the system? And then you have the gall to complain when you get an honest assessment of your performance!? Good luck in your next job pal, you're going to need it.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post
    Hey Eric, when you're as old as I am, 24 IS a kid...just saying (for my friend StuntMan12)!!!

I won't leave it at that, I'll actually add to this thread in a positive, non-trolly way.

You know what really grinds my gears (today)? Lazy people who can't handle criticism and try to deflect blame or explain their lack of effort or mistakes (made due to taking shortcuts...because they are lazy). What happened to giving an honest effort instead of trying to game the system? And then you have the gall to complain when you get an honest assessment of your performance!? Good luck in your next job pal, you're going to need it.
    Ha Ha I see what you mean though. 24 is very young, I'm 27 and I'm starting to look at 20-25 year olds as kids. That's what they are really.

I feel old

Administrator

The location of the main camera in Edmonton.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    The location of the main camera in Edmonton.
    I assume you mean at the arena? Cuz, Edmonton is FULL of photo radar. Smile, the province needs your money more than you do.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post
    I assume you mean at the arena? Cuz, Edmonton is FULL of photo radar. Smile, the province needs your money more than you do.
    Yes, and I know this thread is supposed to be non-hockey but IMO when the camera is in the wrong place it's not hockey.

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by StuntMan12 View Post
    Ha Ha I see what you mean though. 24 is very young, I'm 27 and I'm starting to look at 20-25 year olds as kids. That's what they are really.

I feel old

27 year olds who think they are old.... Jeesh!

Administrator

Seriously every time I watch an Oilers' home game I keep wondering why everyone is skating towards the penalty box during the play!

Dobber Sports Monster

Winter irks me. Walking and always watching for slippery sections to not slip.

Dobber Sports Monster

One thing that IRKS me is when you want to watch SportsCentre and Curling is still on and a few ends to go before it's finished. Why not put Curling on just one TSN channel and not every damn one? YeaaahhhhH! yep! hurry! ooooh!!!! ooh !! yep yep!!!

Gets on my darn nerves.

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by eyemissgilmour View Post
    The older I get, I notice the crankier I get about oxymoron's like BBW.

http://www.people.com/article/tess-h...major-contract

Sorry folks, but BBW should be renamed BFW (where the F accurately stands for FAT). We need to stop encouraging unhealthy lifestyles with this kind of dangerous political correctness.
    Enough already.
    I certainly don't have a perfect body, but if I was clearly obese (like Tess Holliday is) I wouldn't be masquerading as a beautiful person.

Is that insensitive and mean? Maybe.
    But aren't we doing fat people more harm than good by tiptoeing around them and calling their obesity beautiful? It's absurd.
    Don't worry, she'll be dead soon.

Dobber Sports Master

I hate hand dryers in public restrooms that would take 10 minutes to dry your hands. If you are installing a air dryer, they set it up properly. Gah! Today I decided that the wind outside would dry my hands faster, I just said F it and left.

Dobber Sports Wizard

This happened over the summer and it really irked me as I got to thinking about it.

So I was at the neighborhood park with my kids. They are playing and doing what kids do. A woman in her 60s walks by the track with her friendly dog. My kids make a beeline for the dog and everything is great. The dog is wagging her tail while my children are petting the dog. I proceed to jokingly tell the woman how this is a shock to my kids since my dog is 14 and doesn't really have much energy anymore. The woman says "Don't want to say goodbye? Your kids would love a puppy."

I didn't say anything at the time but got more angry as I thought about. So I'm going put my dog to sleep since she is old and doesn't run around like a younger dog? FU lady! My dog has been a loyal friend to me since she was a puppy. My dog has been through a rotten 1st owner (ex-wife), a total knee replacement surgery, living with my parents for a year, several girlfriends, my wife's cat and dog who have since passed away, and now I've added 2 kids to her life. And I'm supposed to put her to sleep since she doesn't fit the image of the ideal family dog? Part of the deal of being a pet owner is that you're going to take care of them when they get old and make the best decision for them.

It still pisses me off to this day!
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov