Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Constipated fantasy hockey squads

Dobber Sports Ninja

Default Re: Constipated fantasy hockey squads

Quote Originally Posted by Bergy80 View Post
    I’m SO glad you said this! I’m fairly new to fantasy and very guilty of doing exactly this, but your “donating to the prize pool” comment struck a cord with me so I’ll be more cautious about doing it in the future. I actually made a lineup change already after reading it.
    Who'd you drop so I know who to pick up? Because obviously once we drop these guys THAT'S when they start to heat up

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Quote Originally Posted by bondon View Post
    Who'd you drop so I know who to pick up? Because obviously once we drop these guys THAT'S when they start to heat up
    That's always my fear! LOL I dropped Brad Marchand. I just about always have him in my lineup when the B's play, but he hasn't been very productive lately. It's a good matchup for the B's tonight though so I wouldn't doubt he'll bust out. By the way, I play daily fantasy. Not sure if you're doing the full league thing or not.

Dobber Sports Padawan

E. Staal, Thornton, Gaborik, Hornqvist, Wideman. If this was 2011 I would be in 1st...

Dobber Sports Novice

E. Staal.Riemsdyk,Green.I know this might be offtopic but...had to vent haha

I have TWO Goals this week seriously! Opponent has Lindberg and Silfverberg they both have more goals then my Benn,MacKinnon,Wheeler,Turris,Toffoli,H. Sedin,Burns,Subban.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by LifesRichPageant View Post
    I have TWO Goals this week seriously! Opponent has Lindberg and Silfverberg they both have more goals then my Benn,MacKinnon,Wheeler,Turris,Toffoli,H. Sedin,Burns,Subban.
    That has nothing to do with quality of players - just bad timing/lack of play/down week. H2H is tough because obviously you have the better team (by the way the roster sounds) but the stats don't showcase it that way. Deceptive and it gets into people's heads.

There are definitely a few guys I just cannot drop...need some pretty legit ex-lax to be able to drop them. Performing or not, I need to get some value out of them. Worst case scenario, I include them in a trade to bulk up a stat I need to bulk up. But no dropping.
    FANTASY LEAGUE: "Hockey Night on Hoth" (est. 2012)
    TEAM NAME: "The Barrelriders"

FORMAT: H2H Keeper League (Keep 4 - no more than two per position)
    TEAM FORMAT: 12 Teams, 17 Players per Team (3C, 4W, 3D, 2G, 5Util)
    STAT CATS: G, A, P, PPP, FW, Shots, Hits, Blocks | Wins, SVS, GAA, SV%

MY TEAM:

C | N. Mackinnon,
    W | J. Benn, J. Pavelski
    D |
    G | A. Vasilevskiy

Dobber Sports Novice

Domi!!!! Make that three goals now lol!!

On the other end i started E. Kane he does nothing but when I bench him he gets Two Goals..

Dobber Sports Novice

Make that TWO For Domi!! And Kane scored OK i feel better now haha

Dobber Sports Icon

Hossa...Miller...Pavalec

Severe system blockage material
    ESPN Roto 10 team
    24 man roster (+3 IR) - Keep 20 - Daily settings
    Start 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 5D, 2G, 1UTIL
    G,A,PTS, +/-, PIM, PPA, PPG, D PTS - W, SV, SV%

C- Zegras, Suzuki, Carlsson, Fantilli, Norris
    RW- Batherson, Michkov, Quinn, Perfetti(C,LW), Foerster, Kakko
    LW- BTkachuk, Stutzle(C), McTavish(C), Benson
    D- Mintyukov, Sanderson, LHughes, Clarke, Drysdale
    G- Wolf, Askarov, Wallstedt
    IR-
    IR-
    IR-

Picks in 2024/25 1, 4, 5, 8
    Picks in 2025/26 rounds 1,1,3,4

Dobber Sports Monster

One money league I'm in we pick 8 forwards, 2 defence, 1 goalie, 3 bench players (any position you want) and I picked McDavid, Dano, Franzen, Sekac and I rolled the rice and went with only 2 defence .... Justin Schultz and James Wisniewski ....

Dobber Sports Stud

Sometimes it's just about having fantasy luck..... After breezing through my league for the first few years I have been slumping in the last 2...... bad goalie luck, drafting cold players who have their worst seasons to date, selling high on players who remain high for the season (while your buy lows remain low), Cup contending teams choking out of the gate make it really hard to project, manage a fantasy squad, and play a conservative style....

Guys slumping on my team: Thornton, Staal, Nyquist, Letang, Hedman, Myers, Pominville, Andersen, Crawford, Khudobin

I'm not expecting these guys to be PPG+ world all stars (some of them should be), but can they at least perform at reasonable levels instead of being liabilities??

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Chris Stewart. Pumped up every year based on his draft position and a possible breakout year only to finish the season hurt and 30ish points.
    10 Team 25 Player Keeper League (5 Keeper)
    Forward/Defence - G/A= 1 PIM= .2
    Goalies - W= 2 SO= 5

F: Steven Stamkos, Nicklas Backstrom, Dylan Larkin, Ryan O'Reilly, Lee Stepniak, Mathieu Perreault, Milan Lucic, Kyle Palmieri, Antoine Roussel, Sam Bennett, Jason Zucker, Anthony Duclair, Anders Lee, Drew Stafford, Victor Rask, Antoine Vermette, Boone Jenner,

D: Ryan Suter, Keith Yandle, Johnny Boychuk, Matt Niskanen

G: Mark-Andre Fluery, Connor Hellebuyck, Semyon Varlamov, Frederik Andersen

IR:

Keepers: Stamkos, Backstrom, Fluery, Andersen, Varlamov

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Kelunis View Post
    Chris Stewart. Pumped up every year based on his draft position and a possible breakout year only to finish the season hurt and 30ish points.
    Chris Stewart should be a censored name on this forum. Mentioning him always gives someone false hope.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    Chris Stewart should be a censored name on this forum. Mentioning him always gives someone false hope.
    I was (un)fortunate enough to have him for his one good year.... Ever since then, I know he's garbage but I just.... Can't.... Help.... Myself....
    20 Team Dynasty (points per) - G (25, 50 for defense) A (25) PIM (3) PPP (15) SHP (25) OTG (15) GWG (25) HTr (50) SOW (75) HIT (1) BLK (2) W (50) SHO (100) OTL (10) GA (-15) SV (2) Use actual NHL salary

Start 12 F, 6 D, 1G weekly

F: Kucherov, Marchand, Barkov, Gaudreau, Laine, Aho, Dubois, Dadonov, Huberdeau, Trocheck, Bertuzzi, Beauvillier, Khaira, Grigorenko

D: Ekman-Larsson, Yandle, Edler, Pulock, Borowiecki, Weegar, Mike Reilly

G: Andersen, Hart

Farm: Boldy, Beckman, Wise, Mascherin, Kovalenko, Manukyan, Walker, Morozov, Shafigullin, Palmu, Tychonic, Zhuravlyov, Kesselring, Zamula, Lankinen, Sogaard, Ingram, Rybar

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

No other sport but hockey are past performances held in such high regard. If Cheechoo came out of retirement and was signed to Crosby's wing, there'd be a thread guaranteeing 50 goals.

Believe it or not, hockey has entered a point where a player will only have (on average) 2-3 years of solid productivity. Don't let the contract extension fool you - their best years are often behind them.

The NFL is the "Not For Long" league for obvious reasons. Hockey has become the "No... HOW Long?!?!" league.

When Stamkos signs his $10m a year deal with the Leafs next year, he will be known as the Lecavalier of the North.
    2015 Vindaloo Cup Winner

Centre: Tavares, Seguin, Getzlaf
    LW: Kreider, Burakovsky (RW), Ehlers (RW)
    RW: Tarasenko, Silfverberg
    D: Klingberg, Subban, Karlsson
    G: Quick, Domingue

Bn Reinhart

20 Team Auction Draft, Keep 4, 6 forwards, 3 defense, 1 utility, 3 bench.
    Goals 3pts, Assists 2pts, +-.5pts, GAA -.3pts, Goalie wins 5pts, SO 3pts bonus.

Dobber Sports Novice

Kronwall (although he is doing a little better lately), Kesler, and especially Varlamov. I am extremely tempted to drop Kronwall and Varlamov a few times this season already...
    One-Year League: G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, HIT, BLK, W, GAA, SV%, SHO

C: Krejci, Jenner, Brassard, Couture, T.Johnson
    LW: Panarin, Anisimov, Marchand, Soderberg, Burakovsky
    RW: Ovechkin, Perry, Mackinnon, Kesler
    D: Markov, Seabrook, Green, Goligoski, Yandle, Alzner, Spurgeon, Hedman
    G: Rask, Varlamov, Mrazek, Griess