Thread: Doug McLean/Tampa Bay Lightning

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Doug McLean/Tampa Bay Lightning

I wonder what you think about the McLean(?) Group purchasing the Tampa Bay Lightning. Is the future of the Lightning now brighter? Is Tampa Bay now headed down the road of the Blue Jackets?

I feel sorry for the Tampa Bay fans. Doug McLean was terrible as a GM with CBJ. Now he is an owner with more authority than he had before. He couldn\'t get it right before. Will he really screw it up this time around?

I just don\'t see this as a positive thing for the franchise. Interesting to note that no one seemed to know that the franchise was even for sale. I am thinking, bale, get out of the business. Thanks McLean. Who cares about the future of the franchise.

I just don\'t see this as a good thing for Tampa Bay. I hope I am wrong. I just don\'t have much faith in Doug McLean.

Your thoughts?

Dobber Sports Genius

Default Re:Doug McLean/Tampa Bay Lightning

i think you\'re making me nervous that i picked up richards!
    Roto type keeper league.We keep any 6 ;15 teams , 3 div. of 5.We play 3 lines , 3 def. and start 2 goalies.6 BN.Stats are 1pt. for goals and assists , 2pts. for W , tie(O.T. or S.O. loss) 1pt. S.O. 1pt.Weekly line-up from Mon. to Sun. Total pts. per line against other teams lines.

LW - Ovechkin , Drouin ,Steen , Huberdeau
    RW - Nash , Callahan , Nyquist
    C - B. Schenn , Fisher , R.N.H. , St. Louis , T. Johnson
    Def.- E. Johnson , Gologoski , Suter , Doughty , O.E.L.
    G - Scheinder , Dubnyk , Lack

Dobber Sports Ninja

Hi hockeylifer. When I first heard MacLean was part of the ownership takeover, my first thought was how long does the GM have before he\'s replaced. A quick google search found that Meester Feaster is under contract through 2010-11 season.

Coach Tortellini is under contract through 08/09 I know that just because they are under contract, it doesn\'t mean they won\'t be fired. I don\'t see either of them losing their jobs until much closer to the end of their contracts.

Your point is still valid. How much influence will MacLean hold? It should be very interesting to see if there are any disagreements regarding player/personnel decisions.

smoothfun - Richards was a great pick up. He\'ll have a big rebound in points with the slight-decent upgrade in wingers that he\'s now got. He just gets so much ice time and I don\'t see that changing this season.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Stud

Hello smoothfun and comish.

Firstly, I would love to own Richards. At least McLean is partially removed from direct control of the team but you know that he won\'t be able to keep his hands out of the mix. It will be interesting to see if he and Feaster and can get along. If they can\'t, Feaster will be gone regardless of his contract. Same for Torterella.

Then watch Tampa go down hill. So who will be the Federov trade. Could it be Richards. Richards for a goaltender?

I told you guys before. I would love to see Richards in Anaheim. Bryzgalov in Tampa Bay. I like it. Please do it.

Oh and Doug, please put in a call to CBJ. Suggest trading Zherdev to Washington, Chicago or L.A.

Dobber Sports Genius

thanks guys, have to give this site the credit for picking up richards as the advice and info came from here.depending on where he could land i\'m not sure if i\'d want to see him move.
    Roto type keeper league.We keep any 6 ;15 teams , 3 div. of 5.We play 3 lines , 3 def. and start 2 goalies.6 BN.Stats are 1pt. for goals and assists , 2pts. for W , tie(O.T. or S.O. loss) 1pt. S.O. 1pt.Weekly line-up from Mon. to Sun. Total pts. per line against other teams lines.

LW - Ovechkin , Drouin ,Steen , Huberdeau
    RW - Nash , Callahan , Nyquist
    C - B. Schenn , Fisher , R.N.H. , St. Louis , T. Johnson
    Def.- E. Johnson , Gologoski , Suter , Doughty , O.E.L.
    G - Scheinder , Dubnyk , Lack