Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: R. Johansen for Panarin/Ehlers

Dobber Sports Sage

Default R. Johansen for Panarin/Ehlers

Team in sig. H2H multi-cat points scoring.

Almost all my LWs are underachieving. Schwartz/Palat now injured for long duration.

Stacked at C, so I am thinking of moving Johansen for some LW help. Have tried to move RJo in deals for OV, Benn and Landy. No Dice.

So now I am looking at offering Johansen for LWs Panarin and Ehlers. Both of those players are eligible for our farm rosters. Ehlers has LW/RW eligibility and would give me some flexibility to move Callahan if I wanted.

Good idea or bad idea?

Dobber Sports Genius

Default Re: R. Johansen for Panarin/Ehlers

in the multi-cat, what cats are we talking here? on the surface I like the deal.....they are both legit...flexibility is key too....you are jacked at C for sure....can't move an oshie/kopitar?
    good luck
    Hockey Pools? Too many to mention. Points only, salary cap and dynasty.

Dobber Sports Superstar

I don't think it's terrible, just so long as you're aware that most trades in which you give up the best player, you tend to end up losing, right?

RETIRED

Dobber Sports Sage

Scoring, for some context:
    Goals (G) 5 Assists (A) 3.5
    Penalty Minutes (PIM) 0.5 Power Play Goals (PPG) 3.5
    Power Play Assists (PPA) 2.5 Short Handed Goals (SHG) 7
    Short Handed Assists (SHA) 4.5 Faceoffs Won (FOW) 0.1
    Hat Tricks (HAT) 8 Shots on goal (SOG) 0.1
    Hits (HIT) 0.4 Blocked Shots (BLK) 0.8
    Defensemen Points (DEF) 0.3

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by Instant Karma View Post
    I don't think it's terrible, just so long as you're aware that most trades in which you give up the best player, you tend to end up losing, right?
    This is an advice a lot people tend to forget.

Unless it's a one year league (and even then), I prefer stocking up on players who with the most "fantasy points per game". In this case it's Johansen.
    twitter: @hugotwigg

Dobber Sports Sage

Thing is, I can only start 4 Cs per night, but we start 4 LWs and 4 RWs. Lately I have not even been playing Johansen some nights. I feel like Torts is really going to mess this kid up, he has already shown great favoritism to Dubinksy, probably since Dubi toiled under Torts for the Rangers and knows the system. Pre-Torts, Johansen's line was No. 1 but since the coaching change and Johansen's mystery illness it has been downhill.

Dobber Sports Genius

.....cats heavily favour offensive points......in saying that, my gut says it's still early on Ry-Jo , who's a little more proven...equal pedigree....dynamic for sure....vs the two young guns early in the season.....my gut says hold off....but i don't think it's a bad deal....
    Hockey Pools? Too many to mention. Points only, salary cap and dynasty.

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Glatt View Post
    Thing is, I can only start 4 Cs per night, but we start 4 LWs and 4 RWs. Lately I have not even been playing Johansen some nights. I feel like Torts is really going to mess this kid up, he has already shown great favoritism to Dubinksy, probably since Dubi toiled under Torts for the Rangers and knows the system. Pre-Torts, Johansen's line was No. 1 but since the coaching change and Johansen's mystery illness it has been downhill.
    Most of the above is true, but it's a bit early yet to be throwing in the towel on him for those reasons.

I mean, we're talking Brandon f'ing Dubinsky here. From what I've seen, they're still losing. They're just not giving up four goals a night.

RETIRED

The Great One

The "best player" doesn't always win in such a deep pool. If you trade the NHL's best player for players ranked 2 through 26, side two wins.

He's got 6 stud C's in a start 4C league. And no depth at LW with his injuries. And he's the defending champion.

Sometimes you have to "lose" a trade to win a championship. You NEED to improve a left wing, that's a fact.

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by als_revenge View Post
    The "best player" doesn't always win in such a deep pool. If you trade the NHL's best player for players ranked 2 through 26, side two wins.

He's got 6 stud C's in a start 4C league. And no depth at LW with his injuries. And he's the defending champion.

Sometimes you have to "lose" a trade to win a championship. You NEED to improve a left wing, that's a fact.

Very much this. The deeper the lineups get and the more teams a league has the less likly the "best player" rule is true. In this very specific situation even in a 10 team league i like the trade. His window to win it all again is now and this trade does help him with that.
    Commish of UNFFHL, dangered species being the sole Panthers fan on Dobber.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by als_revenge View Post

Also agree with this. Trading for depth in deep pools is sometimes a good thing. I think you moving a solid player RyJo but your getting two solid young players who will very well likely be impactful in the NHL for just as long as RyJo. I think this is smart move that some may question.
    Also its nice to have depth outside of the C position. By adding two LW you give your self a little abundance of skilled LW one your guys come back off the IR. You can then turn around and make another deal to strengthen your team at a different position. I think if you can pull this trade off good on you. I say pull this off because i dont know that i would accept RyJo for Pan and Ehlers, id really have to think about it.
    G / A / PTS / PIMS / +/- / PPP / SOG / Hits+Blocks/ TOI
    W / GAA / SV / SV%

Dobber Sports Superstar

Have you made this offer yet?

RETIRED

Dobber Sports All-Star

I'd do the deal. You're not exactly getting chop-liver in return with those 2 sexy boys. If you can't use RyJo at center then this moves more than fills the hole at LW. Since this is a keeper, I think it works in favor for you since Panarin and Ehlers are rookies who will only get better in coming years.
    14 Team NHL Salary Cap Dynasty -daily starts
    H2H, Salary Cap 95mil, Player actual salaries (all)
    +/-,G,A,GWG,PTS,STP,PIM,SOG,HT,BS,GAA,SO,SV,W
    Starters: 12 Forwards, 6 Defense, 2 Goalies

Forwards: Domi, K.Connor, Kessel, Parise, Monahan, Point, Rantanen, Kucherov, Panarin , M.Martin, Reaves, Marner
    Defense: Butcher, K.Russell, Pelech, Girard, Klingberg, Larsson
    Goalie: Rask, Hellebuyck
    Reserves: D.Strome, Jo.Benn, Polak, C.Crawford , M.Jones, A.Dell, Koskinen
    Prospects: Soderstrom, Sorokin, J.Dahlen, Kaprizov, Yamamoto, Makar, Starrett , F.Sandstrom, Timmins, T.Terry
    Fantrax TAHL 2013 & 2018 Champion

Dobber Sports Sage

Yeah, he turned it down. Does Johansen have the plague? Top 10 C each of the past 2 seasons and nobody wants him now, have had a half dozen trade offers to various teams declined.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Glatt View Post
    Yeah, he turned it down. Does Johansen have the plague? Top 10 C each of the past 2 seasons and nobody wants him now, have had a half dozen trade offers to various teams declined.
    This is the worst time to be selling RyJo. I bet you weren't interested in moving him last year or the year before when he was a dominate center. Why now?

If you are desperate to sell him, you are better off showing some patience. It's not like his talent just disappeared and no one is going to give you fair market value for him anyway.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, SBennett

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."