Thread: my mcdavid for his....

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default my mcdavid for his....

Terasenko p.Kane and his 1st next year. 10 teen keeper point only. We keep 10 and start two goalies every week as well as nine forwards and five defenseman. Am I getting enough value here? I am challenging for first and have a chance at the money.

Dobber Sports Monster

Default Re: my mcdavid for his....

Goodness gracious that is a great offer. Kane AND Taro?.....AAAND a 1st? Im trading McDavid too and I hope I get a similar return lol

Dobber Sports Superstar

I would keep McDavid. Only 10 teams, so it's not as hard to acquire decent talent to build up the middling guys, whereas it's much much harder to obtain the high high end talent. Depth isn't as important in smaller leagues. Also, a limited keeper, you want to consolidate your talent as opposed to diluting it. It's a good offer, but I would pass here.

Only way I do it is if it wins you the league given McDavid's recent injury, but honestly, it's too early to tell where you'll be closer to the end of the year.

Dobber Sports Guru

I like that deal for you. I agree with Kofax that it might be early to decide if you're going for it, but you won't get a better offer.

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

The Magnificent One

my thoughts are how much money are we talking and are you gonna win it for sure by doing this. if its still I am not sure maybe maybe not a lot of other really good teams then id pass. otherwise if its good odds to win then do it.

most likely like above people are saying its too early to tell. people are making offers now bc of his injury. think if he was healhy would you be doing this?
    18 team H2H Keeper League
    G/A/PPP/SHP/GWG/SOG/FOW/Hits&blks/W/GAA/SV/SV%
    play 4c/8w/6d/1G (2min start)/6 bench/
    C: Hughes, Zacha, Howden, compher, Tierney, Frederic
    W: Gaudreau, Schwartz, M.Tkachuk, Fabbri, Bratt, Yamamoto, Wahlstrom, Okposo, Heinen, M.Folingo, Hinostroza, Mcginn
    D: Hughes, Ceci, Pelech, oleksiak, Holden, Poolman
    G: Markstrom, Oettinger,
    P:Rossi,Bowers,Heponiemi,Kupari,Wise,Dorofeyev,Fir stov,Clarke,Fortin,holloway,Nygard,Aberg,Rasmussen ,Elynuik,M.Jones,Chlapik,Platzer,Bracco,Kuokkanen, Lind,Liljegren,J.Roy,Montembeault,Raaymakers,Woll, prosvetov,Larmi

Dobber Sports Star

That's such a grossly good deal. The McDavid hype is fully out of control.

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by forumname View Post
    That's such a grossly good deal. The McDavid hype is fully out of control.
    The kid is just not durable. He cant even take a lil grissly hit into the boards

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I'd take that and run. Hell if that was an initial offer maybe you can get another pick thrown your way as icing on the cake too. But I would take that to the bank.

Dobber Sports Star

Regardless of the injury, the talk on here has been borderline ridiculous. A couple years ago it was almost as bad for Mackinnon, as he was widely considered a lock to be an immediate top 5 all star. People were turning down trades for Malkin and god knows who else (I'd have to look it up). What happens if McDavid slumps next year, and you passed on P Kane and Tarasenko who both finish top 10 in scoring? Would you be okay with that? Even if McDavid gets 90 next year, if both those guys get 75+ I'm not sure you've made a good deal. But I guess he's a lock for 120 and the undisputed future of hockey as we know it, so what do I know.

Dobber Sports Stud

What's your roster like right now? Who would you be dropping, hypothetically, to make room for the extra keeper at the end of the season? These are the things you need to ask yourself.
    16 GM Dynasty
    H2H Points
    Weekly Matchups w/ Starts: 12F/6D/2G
    G(3), A(2), +/-(0.1), Hit(0.1), SOG(0.1), BS(0.1), PPP(1), SHP(1)
    W(4), L(-2), SO(4), Sv(0.2), GA(-1)

F: A. Svechnikov, R. Thomas, N. Suzuki, Pastrnak, Boldy, J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Frost, Tolvanen, Drouin, Heinen, Gallagher, N. Ritchie, Wood, Poehling, Podkolzin

D: Makar, Fox, Dobson, Byram, Dahlin, Ferraro, Michael Stone

G Sorokin, Hart, Georgiev, DeSmith

Farm: Firkus, Kayumov, Heimosalmi, Brennan, Werner, Kvaca, Parik