Thread: Should I Accept?

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Should I Accept?

Team in Sig...I got offered his Pastarnak + Girgensons + 4th Rounder for my Hornqvist + Sekera + 15th Rounder

Am I crazy to consider, Sekera never plays in my defence as I am streaming a HITS PIMS BLOCKS guy in weekly, and while Im sure Horny will rebound and he is a SOG HITS guy either way is Pastrnak Girgy 4 enough to give up early? Or will either guy not come around enough to even slot into lineup confidently.
    12 Team Roto Keeper
    G A +/- SOG PPP FOW HITS BLKS PIM
    W GA GAA SV SA SV% SHO
    10 Keepers
    F- Kopitar Kesler Thornton Benn Draisital Pacioretty Kuznetsov Backes D.Sedin Ryan Burakovsky
    D- Subban Faulk Byfuglien DeHann Martinez Trouba
    G- Halak Dubnyk Talbot
    BN- Bjugstad Dubinsky Ryan Gudas Tanev Hanzal Marleau

12 Team H2H
    B- H/AB R H HR RBI SB K TB AVG OBP
    P - IP W HLD SV K ERA WHIP K/9

B: Hosmer Donaldson Correa Trout Harper Heyward Sano Weiters Duffy Pillar Incarte Hernandez Realmuto Peraza Alvarez Span
    P: Cole Sale Fernandez Cueto Hamels Robertson Giles Wilson Colome Watson Samardzija Bauer Knebel
    F: Turner Travis Margot Stephenson Gouirrel Jr

Default Re: Should I Accept?

IMO, I think it's a fair trade, however I don't really see it benefitting you all that much. Talent wise, I think it's legit, but losing out on Hornqvist's HITS might be a bit tough to swallow. Are you looking to win this year, or at least compete for the championship? If not, that 4th rounder could come in handy next year if you plan to continue building your team.

I'm very on the fence with this one. The only thing that would make me hesistant is losing out on Hornqvist's HITS.
    FANTASY LEAGUE: "Hockey Night on Hoth" (est. 2012)
    TEAM NAME: "The Barrelriders"

FORMAT: H2H Keeper League (Keep 4 - no more than two per position)
    TEAM FORMAT: 12 Teams, 17 Players per Team (3C, 4W, 3D, 2G, 5Util)
    STAT CATS: G, A, P, PPP, FW, Shots, Hits, Blocks | Wins, SVS, GAA, SV%

MY TEAM:

C | N. Mackinnon,
    W | J. Benn, J. Pavelski
    D |
    G | A. Vasilevskiy

Dobber Sports Pro

I like the trade for you.
    WHL - World Hockey League (24-Team Daily H2H) Est. 2015

Vancouver Voodoo
    C: Scheifele, Sedin, Stastny, Zetterberg
    LW: Panarin, Landeskog,
    RW: P. Kane, , Meier, Mantha, Anderson, Coyle, Hansen
    D: Carlson, Faulk, Hamilton, Trouba, Goligoski, Matheson
    G: Andersen, Mason
    Minors: Demko, Virtanen, Walman, Benson, Gourde, Boqvist, Glass, Foote, Claesson, Gaudette

12 team, keep 15 H2H Weekly
    Crosby, Malkin, Seguin, Kessel, Kucherov, Byfuglien, OEL, Klingberg, Holtby, Quick, Scheifele, Hellebuyck, Simmonds, Arvidsson, Schenn

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Te Hits worry me a bit too.
    I am in win now mode for the most part. Finished third last year and had a nice draft so definitely not looking to bottom out.

The pick is enticing and to replace hits I have started streaming in a 6th d man each week just to fill secondary stats like hits blocks Pims so the question really boils down to whether Pasternak or girgy replaces horny points wise. He has been a steady 50 PTs guy for a while and the other two are more lottery tickets then anything else.

Neither or the three would currently be keepers but the other two offer the chance of a break out season that I don't see horny having

Quote Originally Posted by Dingy View Post
    ...so the question really boils down to whether Pasternak or girgy replaces horny points wise. He has been a steady 50 PTs guy for a while and the other two are more lottery tickets then anything else.
    In that case, I don't think that they do. Might be close, but I would bank on the proven 50pts than the lottery pick. I know the bad start is tough (hell, I have him too!) but I'd stay patient and wait until Pittsburg finds it's groove. The situation isn't ideal for Hornqvist at the moment, but he did play with Crosby last game and is on PP2, which isn't terrible. I'd say he's a better bet to get 50pts than either of those two.

Therefore, I wouldn't do the trade. If you weren't contending for the championship I'd say maybe take the 4th round pick which could be very useful next year but if you are, I'd say stick to your guns. Those guys won't make or break a season for you.

MY TEAM:

C | N. Mackinnon,
    W | J. Benn, J. Pavelski
    D |
    G | A. Vasilevskiy

Dobber Sports Genius

I wouldn't do it. I don't think you're getting enough for Hornqvist. I'd hold onto him

Quote Originally Posted by stotan View Post
    The situation isn't ideal for Hornqvist at the moment, but he did play with Crosby last game and is on PP2, which isn't terrible. I'd say he's a better bet to get 50pts than either of those two.

Therefore, I wouldn't do the trade. If you weren't contending for the championship I'd say maybe take the 4th round pick which could be very useful next year but if you are, I'd say stick to your guns. Those guys won't make or break a season for you.
    And look! Hornqvist gets 1G1A, 4SOG and 4HITS last night. Plays Toronto tomorrow and have VAN, CGY, EDM coming up, which could be a good opportunity for PIT to really unleash their power. Stay patient with Hornqvist!!

MY TEAM:

C | N. Mackinnon,
    W | J. Benn, J. Pavelski
    D |
    G | A. Vasilevskiy