Thread: Abdelkader

Banned

Default Abdelkader

Are we expecting the same stats from last year? Is he going to be on the #1 pp again?

Dobber Sports Master

Default Re: Abdelkader

I see Detroit's top power play finally including Tatar, Zetterberg and Nyquist. At least until Datsyuk gets back. Green and Kronwall will man the blueline.

Bottleneckers (12/16 in 2022)
    16 team, points only. G: 2-W, 4-SO.
    Top 9F, 4D & 1G . Keep 15, Max 23
    F: J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Tavares, Lafreniere, Cozens, Newhook, Teravainen, Domi, R. Strome, Laine, Rossi, Raymond, Holtz, Perfetti
    D: Bouchard, McAvoy, Morrissey, Heiskanen
    G: Vasilevskiy

Dobber Sports Veteran

I think he will see some time on PP1, but he won't be a staple there.

40 to 45 points with good peripheral stats.

Dobber Sports Deity

From what I have read so for, Blashill seems to still be quiet high on him.

Here's a quote from Blashill re Abdelkader:

"Last year, to me, was what Justin is becoming," coach Jeff Blashill said Sunday after Day 3 of training camp at Centre Ice Arena. "I think it is a normality for what Justin will be. He has got a good skill set, he adds a dimension to a line, he has continued to grow in his physicality, his net-front presence is something that he has really grown with. But Justin has the ability to score goals. He was an elite offensive player throughout his college career. I actually coached him as a 16-year-old. I think this is what Justin Abdelkader is going to be."
    I expect a similar season as last year, assuming health works out of course. FWIW, it's also a contract year for him this year too.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, SBennett

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by The Bottlenecker View Post
    I see Detroit's top power play finally including Tatar, Zetterberg and Nyquist. At least until Datsyuk gets back. Green and Kronwall will man the blueline.
    Detroit always uses some sort of muck/grinder type on their PP - whether it be Holmstrom, Franzen or now Gator. Most likely he will play on the top PP with one of the d-men playing on the second unit.

Dobber Sports Immortal

I agree with the similar use to last year. Did he piggy back?? Yes. But did he do it consistently? Did he ever. There is going to be a ton of changes in Detroit's lineup throughout the year anyway with probable injuries to Zberg, Dats and Franzen, so I believe he will stay put on PP1.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Quote Originally Posted by RBR91 View Post
    Detroit always uses some sort of muck/grinder type on their PP - whether it be Holmstrom, Franzen or now Gator. Most likely he will play on the top PP with one of the d-men playing on the second unit.
    This is true.
    Abdelkader is the dirty guy on the DET PP... he fits really well in the middle so the hands-players can work the perimeter.
    I don't think DET has another player currently that fits - so Abdelkader has good value in this sort of Simmonds/Brouwer type of role.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Well, here we go. Stone cold. Any insights? Pain? Screw-ups? SOGs are good. TOI have increased lately. Decent jump in PPT. Still thinking the best for him, but wtf.
    TEAM 1
    12 Team Dynasty, H2H, G, A, PPP, SOG, FOW, HITS, BLKS, PIM, GWG, ShG, W, SHO, GA, SV, ShL, OL
    3-6C, 3-6W, 6D, 8B, 2G, 20 farm, 3IR

C - Crosby-McDavid-Giroux-Kadri
    W - Ovechkin-Marchand-Lehkonen-Wheeler-E.Kane-Landeskog
    D - Jones-Schenn-Stone-Lindholm-Moser-Whitecloud
    G - Hellebuyck-Lindgren-Martin-Stalock

Full Keeper

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by northernnuck View Post
    Well, here we go. Stone cold. Any insights? Pain? Screw-ups? SOGs are good. TOI have increased lately. Decent jump in PPT. Still thinking the best for him, but wtf.
    This is just par for the course with him, IMHO. Hot or cold.

RETIRED

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Instant Karma View Post
    This is just par for the course with him, IMHO. Hot or cold.
    Pretty much. He's very streaky