Thread: Krejci+ for Kopitar

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Krejci+ for Kopitar

Hey guys,

What do you think about Krejci and a should-be-lottery 1st rounder for Kopitar and DeAngelo?

A guy has been working me to get Kopitar and trying to sell me on the unsustainably productive Krejci. I like the lotto pick for DeAngelo but do I like Krejci v. Kopitar for the long haul?

Kopitar has been the better own historically, but with just a year separating them and the blazing start for Krejci and the freezing cold start for Kopitar, I'm thinking this could be an okay move for me.

Thoughts?
    Staff Writer for DobberHockey
    Associate Editor/Senior Writer and Scout for DobberProspects - Vancouver Canucks

Keep on, keepin' on.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Re: Krejci+ for Kopitar

Pretty easy no for me.

I would rather watch Kopitar implode and become worthless than sell him for an overachieving 60pt bandaid boy. Kopitar went ppg when he broke out of his funk last year, and he'll do it again. It's just a matter of when, but he's too good for it to be later rather than sooner.

If you can trade DeAngelo for the pick straight up, then I'd go for that (assuming your prediction that it's a sure-fire lottery pick is correct). DeAngelo shouldn't really be a keeper in a keep 17.
    12 team keeper
    Points only: G-1, A-1, W-2, SO-3; weekly rosters: 7F, 5D, 2G; keep 20 of 25

F: Tavares, McDavid, RNH, Stepan, Okposo, Brassard, Stone, Scheifele, Zibanejad, Ehlers, Larkin, Lindholm, Namestnikov
    D: OEL, Hamilton, Mo. Rielly, Parayko, Gostisbehere, Trouba, Theodore
    G: Price, Dubnyk, Lehner, Hellebuyck, Greiss

2014-15 Champ

Dobber Sports Sage

Kopitar had an ice-cold October last year, then blew up and took off running. It's hard to believe he will have a poor season in a contract year. Be patient.

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Nikerato View Post
    Pretty easy no for me.

I would rather watch Kopitar implode and become worthless than sell him for an overachieving 60pt bandaid boy. Kopitar went ppg when he broke out of his funk last year, and he'll do it again. It's just a matter of when, but he's too good for it to be later rather than sooner.

If you can trade DeAngelo for the pick straight up, then I'd go for that (assuming your prediction that it's a sure-fire lottery pick is correct). DeAngelo shouldn't really be a keeper in a keep 17.
    Quote Originally Posted by Doug Glatt View Post
    Kopitar had an ice-cold October last year, then blew up and took off running. It's hard to believe he will have a poor season in a contract year. Be patient.
    Yeah this has been my thought process too. Krejci's hot start had me at least intrigued as a 70 point season could be in reach. I had pretty high hopes for Kopitar as he entered the final year of his deal. Hopefully we see another turnaround this year. October can't end soon enough for the Big Slovenian.
    Staff Writer for DobberHockey
    Associate Editor/Senior Writer and Scout for DobberProspects - Vancouver Canucks

Keep on, keepin' on.

Dobber Sports Genius

I wouldn't do it. Kopitar is a solid fantasy player and while Krejci has been hot, now way this is sustainable. Seems like a low offer for Kopitar