Thread: Kuznetsov, Larkin + for Johansen & Nyquist

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Kuznetsov, Larkin + for Johansen & Nyquist

Hey everybody,

I tend to blow up this section of the forums with threads as my league is fast and furious when it comes to trades and I love to be right in the thick of it. Why wouldn't I want opinions from the most knowledgable group of fantasy junkies out there?!

With John "I kill offense" Tortorella at the helm in CBJ, my sky-high hopes for Johansen have taken a slight dip. That being said, Im certainly not giving up on him or looking to dish him for cents on the dollar.

However, I have just received an interesting offer: Kuznetsov, Larkin and a mid-late 1st for Johansen and Nyquist.

Obviously he's selling high on his boys but I do really like both of their long-term value and think that at least Kuznetsov can help me this season. Larkin may too, but I won't be counting on top flight production from a 19 year old rookie.

Any opinions either way? Reps all around for quality responses.

Thanks in advance!
    Staff Writer for DobberHockey
    Associate Editor/Senior Writer and Scout for DobberProspects - Vancouver Canucks

Keep on, keepin' on.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Re: Kuznetsov, Larkin + for Johansen & Nyquist

Interesting. Definitely worth considering, but I think you can get a bit more. Johansen, even with Torts, is a top-30 talent when he's on.
    10 Team, Weekly H2H (Set Daily), 31-Player, No Cap, Dynasty League

Categories: G, A, +/-, Hits, PPP, ATOI, SOG, W, S%, GAA

F: Crosby,
    Seguin, Kessel, Malkin, Tarasenko, Laine, Hall, Pacioretty, Panarin, Gaudreau, Kuznetsov, Kucherov, Eichel, Monahan, Krejci, Huberdeau, Scheifele, Drouin, S. Reinhart, Radulov

D: Karlsson, Hedman, Shattenkirk,
    Barrie, Hamilton, Gostisbehere, Vatanen

G: Rask, Fleury, Dubnyk, Schneider

Dobber Sports Stud

For reference.. Some
    Other offers include:

Patty Kane, RyJo and Bob for Crosby, Hedman and Fleury

Turris and Schiefele for Ryjo

Dobber Sports Genius

It is interesting because like you said, both of those guys do have long term potential. But Johansen has proven that he can pass 70 points and has the potential for 80. I don't really see Kuznetsov or Larkin going beyond 75+ points so I think you're giving up the best player. And Nyquist is pretty solid too so I wouldn't do the deal. I think you'd be buying Kuznetsov and Larkin when they're hot

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Joe Davola View Post
    For reference.. Some
    Other offers include:

Patty Kane, RyJo and Bob for Crosby, Hedman and Fleury

Turris and Schiefele for Ryjo
    I would do the Crosby deal in a heartbeat.

Crosby > Kane (close-ish, but only if Kane stays healthy; I also don't think his legal troubles are behind him)
    Hedman > Johansen (55-60 point D are much harder to find than 65-75 point forwards)
    Bob > Fleury...in a perfect world. Right now, Fleury >>> Bob

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by P-Giddy View Post
    I would do the Crosby deal in a heartbeat.

Crosby > Kane (close-ish, but only if Kane stays healthy; I also don't think his legal troubles are behind him)
    Hedman > Johansen (55-60 point D are much harder to find than 65-75 point forwards)
    Bob > Fleury...in a perfect world. Right now, Fleury >>> Bob
    I'm not sure I believe Hedman is worth more than Johansen. I don't think I'd make that trade. Hedman's health is mildly concerning and his lack of PPP is as well.

I don't think I'd do Bob for Fleury straight across either.. even though you're right, Fleury provides more value right this moment. Thats the age discrepancy and likely personal bias thing for me.

The Kane - Crosby win is clear, but the other two are murkier. Its a strong offer, but I'm not jumping at the bit to grab it.
    Staff Writer for DobberHockey
    Associate Editor/Senior Writer and Scout for DobberProspects - Vancouver Canucks

Keep on, keepin' on.