Thread: Rank these defenders please

Dobber Sports Novice

Default Rank these defenders please

Please help me out in deciding which defenders to pick up. Need two based on these score values:

Points league: G(3), A(2), +/-(0.1), PIM (0.5), PPP(1), SHP(2), Hits (0.2), Shots (0.1), GWG (1.5)

Available:

Del Zotto
    Myers
    Nurse
    Savard
    J. Johnson
    Franson
    Stone
    Campbell
    Orpik

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Re: Rank these defenders please

If someone scores a PPG they are earning G (3) + PPP (1) + SOG (0.1), and potentially GWG (1.5), but we have no way of using that particular stat to our advantage, so it will be ignored. Replace PPG for +/- if it's an even strength goal. All of this means you need a shooter.

Because SHP/GWG are weighted so heavily it makes things pretty random. It does rule out Orpik, who won't be getting much points of any kind.

Stone, Savard, Franson are the guys you need to look at, imo. I don't think it matters which one. They will all kill your plus/minus shoot the puck, hit above average, and fight for PP1 roles.

Dobber Sports Novice

Quote Originally Posted by GTA Fan View Post
    If someone scores a PPG they are earning G (3) + PPP (1) + SOG (0.1), and potentially GWG (1.5), but we have no way of using that particular stat to our advantage, so it will be ignored. Replace PPG for +/- if it's an even strength goal. All of this means you need a shooter.

Because SHP/GWG are weighted so heavily it makes things pretty random. It does rule out Orpik, who won't be getting much points of any kind.

Stone, Savard, Franson are the guys you need to look at, imo. I don't think it matters which one. They will all kill your plus/minus shoot the puck, hit above average, and fight for PP1 roles.
    cheers thank for the insight.

I'm wondering if I should just add Savard and Johnson and just bank on the jackets turning it up

Dobber Sports Novice

Savard and Johnson seem to be the best bet, 1st D line for CBJ who is coached by someone who believes running offence through his D. Otherwise Stone will probably get points by being OEL partner.
    12 Team - H2H - G, A, +/-, PPP, SOG, Hits, BS, W, GAA, SV%, SO - Keep 4, 1 goalie limit - keeper league

Fowards:
    N. MacKinnon, P-L Dubois, Jenner, Guentzel, Shaw, Simmonds, Wheeler, Kadri, Tyler Johnson
    Defence: B. Burns, Pionk, Nurse, Dumba, Muzzin

Goalies: Smith, Lehner, Hill, Hutton

IR: Rantaa

Dobber Sports Genius

Ya either Savard or Johnson would be best