Thread: 09 pick for berglund

Dobber Sports Stud

Default 09 pick for berglund

i have an opportunity to deal a first rounder in 09 which will likely land somewhere between pick 3 and 7, for patrick berglund. there is a chance that that pick turns into 1 or 2 which equals hedman or tavares. do i do it?
    20tm UFA/RFA dynasty

Cats: G, A, SOG, STpts, +/-, hits/bs, GAA, Sv%, W+SO

Dobber Sports Stud

ps - only the actual 2009 draftees will be available in that draft in our league.
    20tm UFA/RFA dynasty

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

You need to evaluate the entire situation.

1) What are the chances that pick moves up from 3-7 to be 1 or 2. Obviously you want Hedman or Tavares if you can get either.

2) Do you need a guy like Berglund? He may not be an impact player this year, but likely will see decent minutes in the 09-10 season.

If you answer \"yes\" to question 2... than the only reason not to do the deal is that the chance of moving up to #1 or #2 is great enough to pass on Berglund.
    15 team keeper league, points only
    3 C, 6 W, 4 D
    core of 16, plus 3 rookies (**), 6 round annual draft

C - Thornton, M Richards, B Richards [McDonald, S. Koivu]
    W - Ovechkin, Kovalchuk, Vanek, St. Louis, Whitney, Hemsky [Hartnell, Knuble, Lupul]
    D - Gonchar, Visnovsky, Whitney, Kronwall [Kuba, Cumiskey]

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I traded away my 1st round 08 and 1st 09 pick last year when I decided I was trying to win. Almost a third of my team got injured and a bunch of guys had terrible years and I found myself in need of a rebuild. That put me last... which means I gave up Stamkos, and had to trade an arm and a leg to get my Tavares pick back. I\'m just saying anything can happen, be very careful when dealing this. You can always trade your 1st round pick later.

Dobber Sports Star

It sounds like there could also be some other top notch players to grab in next year\'s draft: Paajarvi (LW), Rajala (LW), Roy (G). SO you wouldn\'t necessarily need to have a top-two pick to do well in next year\'s draft.... B)

Not sure if positions are important in your league, but Berglund is a centre, which is tradionally the easiest position to fill. The upside, of course, is that Bergland is a couple of years closer to making an NHL impact (likely) than any of the guys in 2009 draft class.
    10 Team H2H Points-based Keeper League

G, A, PIM, SOG, +/-
    W, SO, SV, GA

C: H. Sedin, Stamkos, Backstrom, Duchene, Granlund
    LW: D. Sedin, Landeskog, B. Schenn, Tatar, Boedker
    RW: P. Kane, Voracek, Hudler, Silfverberg, Toffoli
    D: Ehrhoff, Edler, Franson, Del Zotto, Myers, R. Ellis, Hamonic
    G: Quick, Bishop, Holtby, Peters, M. Jones

Farm: Terevainen, Nurse, Raanta

League Champion: 2009, 2011, 2013 and 2014

12 Team Roto Dynasty League Champion: 2011 and 2013

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I agree with Natgeo, there is too much talent in the top 6 next year to trade for Berglund.

NO to the trade.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

I struggle to see how that team in your sig will finish anywhere near the bottom of a 20 team league?
    I\'m not saying that Berglund is your answer, but if you are drafting say 14th next year, I like the trade for you. Plus, if you are in a race, Berglund will be better trade bait than a late 1st! Well assuming he isn\'t a complete flop?
    21 team, 9 cat; +/-, GAA, DGs, DAs, PIMs, FGs, FAs, STGs SOG. 12F, 6D, 2G, 7 reserve, 7 rook's/picks $25 auction $37 in season cap.
    F:Malkin 1.80,Kessel 1.80,BRichards 2.70,Penner 1.20,Spezza 3.20,Filpulla 1.80,Vinny 5.10,Wolski 1.30,Grabovski .30,Skille .30,E Staal 4.10,Tanguay 1.70,Clarkson 1.30, SK74 .60, Rolston .40
    D:Ehrhoff 1.80,Wideman 1.70,Liles 1.30,Carle 1.80,Hamhuis .60,Corrente .10
    G:Quick .10,Crawford .10
    R:Bernier,Colborne,Granlund,Dalpe

Dobber Sports Stud

youre right UK, my team will likely be top 5 in my league. but it is another team\'s first rounder that i have been offered berglund for. a much weaker team. i also need to change my sig to include spezza instead of zherdev.
    20tm UFA/RFA dynasty

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Ah got ya\'
    21 team, 9 cat; +/-, GAA, DGs, DAs, PIMs, FGs, FAs, STGs SOG. 12F, 6D, 2G, 7 reserve, 7 rook's/picks $25 auction $37 in season cap.
    F:Malkin 1.80,Kessel 1.80,BRichards 2.70,Penner 1.20,Spezza 3.20,Filpulla 1.80,Vinny 5.10,Wolski 1.30,Grabovski .30,Skille .30,E Staal 4.10,Tanguay 1.70,Clarkson 1.30, SK74 .60, Rolston .40
    D:Ehrhoff 1.80,Wideman 1.70,Liles 1.30,Carle 1.80,Hamhuis .60,Corrente .10
    G:Quick .10,Crawford .10
    R:Bernier,Colborne,Granlund,Dalpe