Thread: Trade advice after missing draft...

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Trade advice after missing draft...

So I missed my draft and didn't pre-rank...after some drops and adds, ended up with team #1.

I'm debating whether it is worth dealing my top talent or work with what I got instead.

Would acquiring Rinne be worth it for Malkin? Or I'm thinking of trading Malkin for a forward and a defenseman.

If Niemi and Jones get the majority of starts, I might be alright...but its a risk.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Re: Trade advice after missing draft...

Yeah, I think I might try to offer Malkin for Rinne. But if not, you can work on your goaltending situation during the season.

Speaking from experience, I usually find that the penalty for missing a live draft is missing out on any top goalies.
    Follow me on Twitter @Ian_Gooding

The Great One

I think Neimi and Jones will get the majority of starts in Dal and SJ; these teams didn't go out and get them to be back ups. I'd take a chance of them...

Dobber Sports Prodigy

My personal view is that in H2H, it's dangerous to get 2 goalies from a projected tandem. Say both your goalies split the duties 60/40, that could mean losing 2-3 starts per week (and more in 4 games weeks)...

I would definitely try to find myself a clear cut #1 goalie in your situation. If Malkin is what it takes to get Rinne, I'd do it. He's elite and will be for a few more years. I'd also target the other sure top Gs if the Rinne owner doesn't bite (Holtby, Price, Fleury) if you have a chance.

Don't sell short on Malkin though (i.e. don't target unproven goalies or ones that are at risk of losing their job in the near future - Dubnyk, Bishop come to mind)