Thread: Mcdavid offer. Need help

Dobber Sports Rookie

Default Mcdavid offer. Need help

Would it be ok to trade stone,mantha,faulk,hertle, and a couple of late picks for mcdavid?
    The mcdavid team is terrible and I'm thinking one player isn't going to help. He has a bad team and a bad minor league team. I'm middle of the pack and want to move up.
    Is this enough.too much?

- - - Updated - - -

We count tons of stats in a rotisserie league.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Re: Mcdavid offer. Need help

Wow. I don't even know what your league settings are, but I'd make that trade for McDavid in a second.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Assuming this is a keeper league... lacking some league details to make answering this easier... having your roster in your sig. so you can get advice on other pieces to offer would be a benefit. also knowing what cats you're using for scoring.

Based on the info given.... I think it's too many average pieces. I've read on here people have offered Malkin + for McDavid and it's been a non-starter. I just drafted McDavid and I wouldn't even counter that trade.

you're looking at giving up at least one of your top 2 roster players and another solid piece or two to get the conversation seriously started.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Genius

Similar thought from me. It doesn't really matter what your stats or roster needs are, thats a deal you need to make if he's willing to do it, I really doubt he will though.
    10 team full keeper roto 4C/LW/RW,6D,2G

G,A,P,+/-,PIM,SOG,GWG,PPP,SHP,Hit,Blk,FOW
    W,GAA,SV,SV%,SHO

C-Aho,Couturier,Matthews,O'Reilly
    LW-Ehlers,Giroux,Panarin,Rust
    RW-Kucherov,Palmieri,Pastrnak,Wilson
    D-Burns,Carlson,Gudas,Josi,Nurse,Pietrangelo
    G-Fleury,F.Andersen,Markstrom
    BN-Zacha

Under 250 gp farm
    Beaucage,Berggren,Bokk,Brisson,Chytil,Dugan,Foerst er,Foote,Frost,Grewe,K.Johnson,Lindblom,Mikheyev,N ybeck,Peterka,Pospisil,Protas,Ranta,Raty,Stankoven ,Suzuki,Tuomaala
    Alexeyev,Brook,Foote,Graves,Poirier,Sanderson,Seid er,Wilde,Woo,Zamula
    Berdin,Brossoit,Commesso,Ersson,Husso,Knight,Koche tkov,Lafontaine,Oettinger,Primeau,Sandstrom,Stolar z,Ustimenko,Vladar

Dobber Sports Monster

My guess is that the owner will balk at this offer and may not even engage in a counter offer. No player better to rebuild than starting with McDavid. I would think he builds with McDavid using other pieces to trade away to help his build.

I think you certainly try for McDavid if the owner has made him available, but this offer won't get it done imo.

Quote Originally Posted by aaronalaska View Post
    Would it be ok to trade stone,mantha,faulk,hertle, and a couple of late picks for mcdavid?
    The mcdavid team is terrible and I'm thinking one player isn't going to help. He has a bad team and a bad minor league team. I'm middle of the pack and want to move up.
    Is this enough.too much?

- - - Updated - - -

We count tons of stats in a rotisserie league.

Dobber Sports Pro

That is not even close to me, but if that is an offer you received I would take McDavid!
    WHL - World Hockey League (24-Team Daily H2H) Est. 2015

Vancouver Voodoo
    C: Scheifele, Sedin, Stastny, Zetterberg
    LW: Panarin, Landeskog,
    RW: P. Kane, , Meier, Mantha, Anderson, Coyle, Hansen
    D: Carlson, Faulk, Hamilton, Trouba, Goligoski, Matheson
    G: Andersen, Mason
    Minors: Demko, Virtanen, Walman, Benson, Gourde, Boqvist, Glass, Foote, Claesson, Gaudette

12 team, keep 15 H2H Weekly
    Crosby, Malkin, Seguin, Kessel, Kucherov, Byfuglien, OEL, Klingberg, Holtby, Quick, Scheifele, Hellebuyck, Simmonds, Arvidsson, Schenn

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Apprentice

You've got to start by looking at it in the reverse... If you were rebuilding and you had Mcdavid, would you accept that? Not even close. If your roster was in your sig we could give you some suggestions, but I can tell you right now it would not be cheap. Probably something like Benn+ or Tavares+ with the plusses being solid young roster players like a kucherov or T.Johnson along with Stone. He's going to want a young superstar, plus another couple young guys with a strong year or two under their belt.

Dobber Sports Star

That offer is probably not even close to being accepted. It's McDavid and the hype is huge right now.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Unless the owner doesn't really know who McDavid is, theres basically no chance they accept that. Not nearly enough important pieces. McDavid's value is extremely high in fantasy right now, even if it's not always as high as people on this board make it out to be.

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares, Hertl
    LW - DeBrincat, Boldy, Lafreniere
    RW - Meier, Miller, Boeser, Nichushkin
    D - Dobson, Karlsson
    G - Jarry, Luukkonen

Dobber Sports Pro

GO. !
    6 teams dynasty pool,points only,no pos. for F, Keep All, 12F, 6D, 2G count.....backup=6F, 4D, 2G, 4 roster moves( 2 at 30th game and 2 at NHL deadline)
    F- , P. Kane,Eichel, DeBrincat, Kopitar, Wheeler, Kuznetsov, Point, Huberdeau, Verhaghe, Bergeron,Keller, Batherson, Schmaltz, W.Nylander, Buchnevich,Rantanen
    D- Makar, Gostisbehere, Carlson, Burns, Barrie, M. Rielly, Hronek, DeAngelo, KA Miller
    G- Vasilevskyi, Sorokin, Campbell, Markstrom
    Farm: Lundell, Guenther, Holtz, Glass, E. Svechnikov, Denisenko, Newhook, Heponiemi, Lauko,Neighbours, Bokk N. Foote, Borgstrom, Dahlen, Bokk, S. Poulin, Zelleweger, Liljegren, Heinola, Perunovich, S. Knight.

Dobber Sports Giant

Not even close!

I offered the McDavid owner my Nyquist, Landeskog, Duclair and Lehtonen (before the Niemi signing) and got turned down fairly quickly.
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Cooley, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

Dobber Sports Stud

That offer should never be accepted.

I wish a different GM owned the #1 pick in my league, the guy who has it now knows what he's doing. I've floated T. Johnson+Pietrangelo and a first for McD to no avail.

Just dangled Halak and Johnson because he's lacking a real goalie. We'll see....
    Staff Writer for DobberHockey
    Associate Editor/Senior Writer and Scout for DobberProspects - Vancouver Canucks

Keep on, keepin' on.

Dobber Sports Padawan

If you can get it done then do it for sure. No seasoned fantasy owner would accept that offer however.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

if i was a eichel owner I might consider this depending on how deep the league is. but for mcdavid the offers could get much much better I would imagine once the bidding war begins.