Thread: Going after McDavid and Ekblad

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Going after McDavid and Ekblad

(For team #1)

Would offering Malkin for them be a good starting point? Too much, too little? If I can't get my goalie situation solidified by replacing Niemi with a for sure #1 starter (or at least someone that'll get the majority of starts) then I'm thinking of going another route.

Thoughts?

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Going after McDavid and Ekblad

Malkin for both of them? If so, I would be surprised if Malkin alone would get your McDavid by himself, let alone McDavid and Ekblad.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, SBennett

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Malkin for both of them? If so, I would be surprised if Malkin alone would get your McDavid by himself, let alone McDavid and Ekblad.
    Wow, Malkin's stock has certainly dropped - then again, he hasn't played up to par with his former self. Well then, I just want to make sure I don't start off with a low-ball offer.

Dobber Sports Deity

It's not so much that Malkins stock has dropped but more than McDavid's value is so high.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, SBennett

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    It's not so much that Malkins stock has dropped but more than McDavid's value is so high.
    I love hype (though I hope he fairs better than Yakupov). Ekblad would probably be more obtainable. I'll probably still try, worth a shot.

Dobber Sports Guru

A guy in my main keeper league has the first overall pick. I checked if he would be interested in some kind of deal involving Malkin and McDavid. He said no.

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Dobber Sports Sage

Yeah I wouldn't trade McDavid and Ekblad for any one player in the league if I owned them both.

They're the two best young players (in regards to their respective positions) in the game today.

Hell, I wouldn't move McDavid for any one player either.
    The League in London (20 Team Multi-Cat H2H $100 Dynasty League) - Season 11
    ... In memory of "The Net Detective"
    C Pinto kDach Hayton Roy / Lowry Bjugstad Blueger Carrick
    LW Lehkonen Knies kJohnson Greenway / Laferriere Reichel Luostarinen Kartye Grebyonkin Buchelnikov
    RW
    Quinn Joseph Roslovic Chinakhov / Kakko Glass Brink O'Connor Holmberg Berggren Tuomaala
    D
    Werenski Hronek Power Guhle McCabe Roy / Gudas Raddysh Pachal Evans Cormier
    G
    Swayman / Hill Mrazek Ivanov Kokko

is it the same owner that wants to keep mcdavid? if hes on the oilers train maybe offer something around yaks for ekblad?

Dobber Sports Star

Good luck, but I doubt Malkin will get you those guys. You never know thought.

Quote Originally Posted by GMantooth View Post
    is it the same owner that wants to keep mcdavid? if hes on the oilers train maybe offer something around yaks for ekblad?
    we play with protected rookies depending on the team you chose to take over. so we do have an oilers team on board and he doesn't have to waste his first round pick to draft mcdavid - he automatically inherited and protected for the season unless traded. i should have thought of this before I chose the sharks as my team way back when - but I wanted to role with my favorite team.

but it probably won't happen - though I would like Ekblad from him for sure. If yakupov happens to find himself with mcdavid or even RNH, I might just be happy with that.

since we havent drafted yet, trading via the usual route hasn't been activated. we can do it offline but its all through e-mail. sent him a message, so far no reply on whether or not he is willing to trade any one of them - I didn't mention what I would send, just wanted to know what he would want.