Thread: My offseason trades

Dobber Sports Star

Default My offseason trades

Hey all,

Here's what I did this summer with my Roster:

At the end of last season, my potential keepers were Stamkos, Palat, D.Sedin, Wheeler, Karlsson, Hedman, Lehtonen. I also had to choose between a couple of rookies, Ekblad and Toffoli.

The Niemi signing meant I had no goalies (bye bye Lehtonen).

I didn't have a 1st round pick (I traded my first rounder from this year to get D.Sedin last year), but I had two 2nd round picks.

Trade 1:
    I sent a 2nd round pick (the later of the 2) for F.Andersen and a 9th round pick.

At the time I tought I had a good no.1 for this year at least. (I really didn't like the Gibson contract extension from yesterday...)

Trade 2:
    I sent D.Sedin and a 3rd round pick for a first round (11th overall).

Now that meant I didn't have to choose who to drop between him or Hedman, plus I got a 1st round pick back my way.

Trade 3:
    I sent Ekblad and my 11th overall for the 6th overall (which was the pick I gave to get D.Sedin last year).

I didn't know who to keep between my two rookies, but since I could now keep Hedman, I could afford to trade Ekblad away to keep Toffoli (which I'm a big fan of). Plus I got good value for someone who I would have probably had to drop.

So has of now my keepers are:
    Stamkos (C)
    Wheeler (RW)
    Palat (LW)
    Karlsson (D)
    Hedman (D)
    Andersen (G)
    Toffoli (rookie RW)

Those move also increased my chances of getting the player I really want this year.

Players available at the draft are all 2015 draftees, plus guys like Stone, Foligno, Dubnyk, a bunch of good defencemen, some older prospects, and some good value vets.

It will be interesting! Our draft is in 12 days or so.

So, what do you think?
    Weekly H2H points only (Year 9 - 2015-16)
    12 teams limited keeper (keep 6 + 1 Rookie)
    13 round draft - Unlimited Trades - No Waivers - No IR
    4 Team Playoffs (last 2 reg. season weeks)
    Rookies are 23 years old or younger in the draft year and never reached 60pts (forward), 40pts (defense), 25 wins (goalie)

Start : C RW LW Utility D D G

C - S.Stamkos, J.Thornton, K.Turris, D.Stepan
    LW - O.Palat, B.Saad, A.Burakovsky
    RW - B.Wheeler, T.Toffoli, C.Atkinson
    D - E.Karlsson, S.Gostisbehere, C.Fowler, A.Ekblad, A.Larsson
    G - C.Hellebuyck, D.Dubnyk, A.Niemi, K.Lehtonen

Dobber Sports Guru

Default Re: My offseason trades

Love the Andersen deal. I'm not worried about Gibson for now. Andersen was the top guy last year, and should be again this year.

The Sedin deal is okay, depending on how you feel about him. I like it, but I'm not a Sedin fan.

Don't love the third deal. Would rather Ekblad. But it all depends on who you take at sixth. If you get Dubnyk, for example, then it's a good deal.

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid