Thread: Another 12 Team Audit

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Another 12 Team Audit

Had the first overall pick in a 12 team, standard league. This time, decided to use the D and K in the last two round strategies and ended up with the 6th D and 3rd K (by ESPN rankings). Thoughts?

1-1 Adrian Peterson
    2-24 Randall Cobb
    3-25 TY Hilton
    4-48 Andre Ellington
    5-49 Andre Johnson
    6-72 Cam Newton
    7-73 Golden Tate
    8-96 Doug Martin
    9-97 Martavis Bryant
    10-120 Jordan Cameron
    11-121 Ryan Mathews
    12-144 Anquan Boldin
    13-145 Knile Davis
    14-168 Denver D/ST
    15-169 Steven Hauschka

Dobber Sports Expert

Default Re: Another 12 Team Audit

hard to believe Cameron didn't go until the end of the 10th round, that's a steal provided he remains concussion free.

I think you stared and ended the draft good here. Rounds 4-5 I'm not overly exstatic about. Ellington is highly overrated but good you got Martin later, he'll be your #2 back. Johnson should have a big year but has never been a huge TD machine as he is always projected out to be, but worth a good flier in the 5th I suppose. I honestly, would try to package Ellington with something else, he's just not that good and will most certainly get injured.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Sorry but Ellington is actually very talented. Arguing that Martin will be the number two RB over what proof? a strong pre-season? GL trying to win weeks basing your players outlook on the pre-season.

Packaging Ellington isn't a bad idea but don't undervalue him, if you wanted to really provide yourself some safety, trade Knile Davis to the Charles owner and grab David Johnson off of w/w.

And while it's easy to assume Ellington will get injured, another common error amongst fantasy 'guru's' is that they can't abandon their own bias and try to hide it or legitimize it by saying a player is 'injury prone' or something vague like that.. Bottom line, injuries are unpredictable, and by the sounds of it, Ellington will be used more sparingly which is great news for his owners.. would much rather see 15-18 touches rather than 20-25 total touches.

Personally, your WR depth is nice, and I would say that Tate and Johnson are somewhat expendable (not both of them together or anything) and you could definitely shop them around.. perhaps whoever drafted Arian Foster can't afford a plugged roster spot for four-five weeks.. Trying for Hyde or Ivory wouldn't be a bad idea either since I think both of them would be better flex plays over Tate (barring CJ injury of course)... I think Andre's price should be higher so I would maybe try prying away Foster for him.

Anyways, GL
    10 team Cumulative Points Only - Keep 4
    G (3), A (2), +/- (1), PPP (1), PIM (0.25/min), S (0.4), H (0.2), Bs (0.2), FoW (0.1), W (4), Sv (0.2), SO (4), GA (-1)
    update inc.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Ellington finished as a top 25 RB in standard last year despite a horrible 3.3ypc and missing six games due to injury. Some people see the injury and the ypc and find him overrated, others see the finish despite missing a third of the season and see a top back. Either way, I think he's a fine boom or busy RB2 to grab and the end of the fourth. Martin is a fine back up who is a little boom or bust himself. Keep an eye on which backs emerge and you should be fine at RB.

Great depth at WR.

Newton is fine if he runs. Cameron can be productive if he stays healthy and the Dolphins have been targeting TEs the last few seasons. Given your high end players and depth elsewhere, QB and TE would might be positions you look to upgrade if the opportunity arises.