Thread: WR/Flex Play Week 1

Dobber Sports Expert

Default WR/Flex Play Week 1

10 team standard league (non-PPR). With Jeffery questionable to play Sunday does this give Eddie Royal a bump to start in the WR or Flex spot? Below is how the roster sits now:

QB: Roethlisberger (PIT)
    RB: Peterson (MIN), Bell (DET)
    WR: Cobb (GB), Robinson (JAX), Landry (MIA)
    TE: Eifert (CIN)
    Flex: Agholor (PHI)
    K: Bailey (DAL)
    DEF: Miami

Bench RB: Bell (PIT, Suspended), Blue (HOU), Jones (WAS)
    Bench WR: Royal (CHI), Coleman (NO), White (CHI)

Cobb is a no-brainer to start. Landry and Agholor both get cake matchups while Robinson is Bortles`target monster. I'm leaning towards leaving it is as but thoughtsÉ

Banned

Default Re: WR/Flex Play Week 1

I'd probably keep it as is but I'd go with Blue over Bell.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

To answer your question, IMO it is best as-is. In a 10-team league, not crazy about starting Big Ben @ NE. I would drop Royal and stream one of Tannehill, Palmer, Eli or Bradford (most likely taken) for Week 1
    Last edited by roberto_alomar; September 9, 2015 at 11:25 AM. Reason: formatting

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by roberto_alomar View Post
    not crazy about starting Big Ben @ NE. I would drop Royal and stream one of Tannehill, Palmer, Eli or Bradford (most likely taken) for Week 1
    1) Not an option since all those QBs are gone...yeah, even in a 10 team league, we had some weird drafters, one guy took 4 QBs...don't ask me why
    2) Why are you opting to sit Ben? I know the issues with Pouncey, Bell & Bryant out and he showed much better last year when Bryant was in, but with no Revis or Browner and a shaky secondary for the Pats, looks like a plus matchup.

Right now top rated QBs are Bridgewater, Kap, Cutler, Flacco, Dalton & Winston...personally I love Bridgewater but I also have Peterson, and the offense goes through him

I would start Royal. Agholor could have a good season, but I think there is a risk in seeing this year's rookie WRs as an extension of last year's class. If you look at the last several seasons, last year was the exception with so many rookies being start -worthy (especially early in the season). Jeffrey's status just makes this easier in my opinion.

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by Swels Stewart View Post
    Jeffrey's status just makes this easier in my opinion.
    Hypothetically lets say Jeffery starts...leave as is? My concerns A) Agholor had a beast preseason and will take over the Maclin role in philly B) Cutler is laughably bad against the Pack in his last 11 starts against them

Banned

Looks Like Jeffrey is gonna be good to go. Either way I'd keep Agholor in there or put in BLue. I like Blue because Houston probably won't pass that much and he's getting all the touches.

Sounds like Jeffrey is going to start and Royal himself is limited. I'd forgotten how historically awful Cutler has been vs the Packers. I change my vote. Start Agholor.