Thread: Buffalo Bills name Tyrod Taylor starting QB, cut Fred Jackson

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Buffalo Bills name Tyrod Taylor starting QB, cut Fred Jackson

https://mobile.twitter.com/mikerodak...1910378496?p=v

Source: Bills QB Tyrod Taylor will start opener vs. Colts (via @AdamSchefter, first reported by @JayGlazer): es.pn/1LO94SD
    https://mobile.twitter.com/NBCSports...6510476289?p=v

The Bills have released veteran running back Fred Jackson: tw.nbcsports.com/ubU
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, SBennett

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Expert

Default Re: Buffalo Bills name Tyrod Taylor starting QB, cut Fred Jackson

I really hope the Bills defence can score a couple TDs a game...will be about the only way these guys have a winning football team

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Taylor as starting QB. interesting...

Dobber Sports Expert

I'm assuming Cassel will be let go now...this is still a terrible situation in Bills land. I got some chuckles when I read on Bleacher Report they were calling the Bills QB situation a strength now based one preseason game against the Steelers misfits

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Cutting FJax is insane, from a football perspective. I hope this was a $$ call, because Bryce Brown and their 5th Rd pick whose name I can't remember aren't going to set the world on fire behind the always-injured McCoy.

Whoever picks up Jackson gets a really good backup, and if it's Cleveland, a good starter.
    12-man salary cap roto keeper league, 25 roster spots & 8 farm (12 F, 6D, 2G active - max 82GP/spot) - 83M cap, real AAV - G/A/P/PPP/SOGs/Hits/PIM W/GAA/SO
    F: Giroux, Little, Steen, Downie, Perron, Hudler, Bouma, Rinaldo, BSchenn, MKarlsson, Nelson, Spooner, Pastrnak, Bjorkstrand, Panarin
    D: Markov, Sekera, Klingberg, Boychuk, Brodie, Karlsson, Reilly
    G: Miller, Howard, Mrazek
    Farm: Petan, Hellebuyck, Goldobin, Werenski, Beauvillier, DeBrusk, Rychel, Kyle Connor

Shady McCoy owners should be happy with this choice.
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by adalyfrey View Post
    Cutting FJax is insane, from a football perspective. I hope this was a $$ call, because Bryce Brown and their 5th Rd pick whose name I can't remember aren't going to set the world on fire behind the always-injured McCoy.

Whoever picks up Jackson gets a really good backup, and if it's Cleveland, a good starter.
    Always injured? He's missed 6 games in 6 years. 2 of those games he was held out because of the Eagles record.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

You're absolutely right, my apologies!

I've always kept my distance from him but I can't remember why...did he get vultured a lot his earlier years in Philly?

- - - Updated - - -

I've always kept my distance from him but I can't remember why...did he get vultured a lot his earlier years in Philly?
    12-man salary cap roto keeper league, 25 roster spots & 8 farm (12 F, 6D, 2G active - max 82GP/spot) - 83M cap, real AAV - G/A/P/PPP/SOGs/Hits/PIM W/GAA/SO
    F: Giroux, Little, Steen, Downie, Perron, Hudler, Bouma, Rinaldo, BSchenn, MKarlsson, Nelson, Spooner, Pastrnak, Bjorkstrand, Panarin
    D: Markov, Sekera, Klingberg, Boychuk, Brodie, Karlsson, Reilly
    G: Miller, Howard, Mrazek
    Farm: Petan, Hellebuyck, Goldobin, Werenski, Beauvillier, DeBrusk, Rychel, Kyle Connor

Banned

What is a Tyrod?

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    What is a Tyrod?
    From the interwebz:

tie rod

noun

1. an iron or steel rod serving as a structural tie, especially one keeping the lower ends of a roof truss, arch, etc., from spreading.

2. Automotive. a rod that serves as part of the linkage in the steering system.

So maybe he can steer the Bills to some wins this year?
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by adalyfrey View Post

Not really. The one year with Andy Reid and Vick he did, and last year he kinda did. But not any more than lots of other RBs.

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    Not really. The one year with Andy Reid and Vick he did, and last year he kinda did. But not any more than lots of other RBs.
    FJax never really got vultured last season. Buffalo's entire offense last year was a joke and it all stemmed from play calling. Nathanial Hackett was arguably the worst play caller in the NFL last season and any swift coach that didn't just want to be buddy buddy with him would have canned him after his first season. Huge Bills fan and I'm at every game and I can tell you from the Chan Gailey era -> Doug Marrone era that neither Spiller nor FJax were utilized properly under the last regime...that being said, it was a very sad day to see FJax go