Thread: Final Keeper

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Final Keeper

12 Team, Keep 4. Up until a few days ago my keepers were D Thomas, AJ Green, Jordy and Hill. I was also in the process of moving Jordy and picks for AP. So now I'm flat out dropping Jordy and need advice on my last keeper. Here are my options and why I'd keep them. Tell me who you like.

Peyton Manning: I think his demise is exaggerated. He won't break records but he should hover around top 4-7 QB's this year. Pros-We award 0.01 points per completion, 6 points a TD and deduct 2 points for turnovers. Cons- QB's are usually not kept except for Rodgers and Luck so I should have plenty of options up until the 3/4 Turn.

Mark Ingram: It would give me another RB keeper allowing me the flexibility at the 11th pick to choose the best player and still use them in my starting lineup (start 2 RB and 2 WR with a flex). Pros- we award 0.01 points per carry Cons: NO backfield gives me a headache and this is a problem league so Ingram loses value here

DeAndre Hopkins: I'm a big fan of this kid and someone is going to catch the ball. I don't think Houston will be a good team and there are plenty of garbage time points to be had. Being a ppr league I like stacking the WR position.

Greg Olsen: without Benjamin, Olsen should be targeted much more. I have him ranked as the #2 TE right now. Keeping him will give be strength at WR, RB and TE to start the draft.

Dobber Sports Expert

Default Re: Final Keeper

How is your league set up? Is it a 2 QB start league? Any flex positions? How is the scoring? Are passing touchdowns 4 or 6 points? How do the keepers work (ie, would Thomas take up your 1st round pick or do you still have all your picks after keepers are determined0?

Dobber Sports Padawan

1QB, 2Rb, 2WR, 1TE, 1Flex (RB, wr, te). I do not lose any picks for keepers and I'm slotted in the 11 spot of a 12 team snake draft. I was runner up last year.

QB scoring as mentioned in my original post are 6 points passing TD's, 0.01 points for a completion and we deduct 2 points for all turnovers.

RB also gets 0.01 points a carry on this full PPR league.

Dobber Sports Expert

I missed the part of the scoring.

If that's the case, Manning is the go to here. When you gets points per completion and 6pt TDs its an easy choice.

Ingram won't see high enough volume and in PPR, Spiller is the Saints RB to own, he will eat Ingram's receptions
    Hopkins...I like him as well but shaky situation in Houston, even though I don't believe Hoyer to be as bad, Hopkins now has to step up against every team's top CB with Andre gone...volume will be there but not sure the production will be as high this year with his QB situation
    Olsen...Always a safe bet TE but I don't think he is keeper worthy at this point...I would target Graham at the turn in your draft with pick 14 if he becomes available and dropped from the keeper list

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Ingram for me. He's looking to garner more receptions and spiller isn't 100%

I remember the, dare I say, decline in manning last season. It can't last forever

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Hopkins over Manning for me. I have always found that RB2s can be found (especially in ppr) as long as you draft for volume. I might even be tempted to go with a TE (if Graham, Olsen or Kelce) or QB if you don't love any RBs in the first two rounds and then grab a bunch of backs after that.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Thanks for all the replies. I ended up going with Hopkins and I hope I can redraft Olsen in round 1

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Whoaaaaaa QB's are very valuable in this league.. Who are you targeting at QB now??

You should definitely be able to get Olsen at 11, maybe even Ingram at 11 and Olsen at 14??
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
    Whoaaaaaa QB's are very valuable in this league.. Who are you targeting at QB now??

You should definitely be able to get Olsen at 11, maybe even Ingram at 11 and Olsen at 14??
    There will be plenty of options at QB, unless you have luck or Rodgers the drop off from QB 3/4 (manning and Wilson ) to QB 10/11 Eli and Tannehil is like 2 points a week.
    14 team, keep 6 points only (extra point for ppp). no position req.

Malkin, Tavares, Benn, Seguin, Hudler, Little, Barkov, fisher,Backes

Keith , Kronwall, Green , letang, Edler

Quick, Crawford

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by dbrzrk View Post
    There will be plenty of options at QB, unless you have luck or Rodgers the drop off from QB 3/4 (manning and Wilson ) to QB 10/11 Eli and Tannehil is like 2 points a week.

This is my thought. Brady, Rodgers, Luck, Wilson, Brees, Ryan are all being kept. If I wait until my 3rd pick I should be able to get Manning there. Most guys in my league have already said they will not be touching manning in any leagues this year.