Thread: Potential Trade?

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Potential Trade?

In a keep 1 league with 14 teams. I have the 2nd overall pick in this year's draft. My plan is to keep Gronk because he is a 4th round keeper for me.

There is an offer on the table for me to trade the kept Gronk for his 9th overall pick. So essentially, he would keep Jordy Nelson (guessing) and then receive Gronk and have 2 players prior to the draft starting. I wouldn't have a roster player to start the draft, but would have the 2nd and 9th overall pick.

The projected keepers are:
    Sammy Watkins - 16th round pick
    Gronk (me) - 4th round pick
    Keenan Allen - 13th round pick
    Lynch - 3rd round pick
    Le'Veon Bell - 1st round pick
    Jamal Charles - 4th round pick
    ODB Jr. - 8th round pick
    Adrian Peterson - 2nd round pick
    Jordy Nelson (guy who wants Gronk) - 1st round pick, he loses the chance to keep him if he gets Gronk from me
    CJ Anderson - 12th round pick
    Justin Forsett - 16th round pick
    Dez Bryant - 1st round pick
    *Unknown because of new owner* Maybe Alshon Jeffrey, maybe Alf Morris? - both are 2nd round picks
    Damarius Thomas - 6th round pick

My thoughts are that I re-draft Lacy at my #2 pick and then have pick of the litter with guys not already taken at 9. Is there enough value still out there as of right now to say Gronk as a 4th round keeper is worth giving up for that 9th?

It is PPR points league. Flex position is RB/WR/TE eligible. Am I missing any info to help with deciding?

Rep given where I can!
    Capwise Hockey
    Reading Wolfdogs
    St. John's Shamrocks

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Re: Potential Trade?

I would much rather keep Gronk when he's only costing me a 4th. You have an advantage every week with the clear cut top TE this year. There should be some really good players available at 9 should you decide to go that route.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

If you have the chance to take Lacy at #2 overall, then who is going #1??

I would probably keep Gronk as he is only costing you a 4th rounder, that's huge!!
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Padawan

Another vote for Gronk...a lot of value there and can't see another TE come even close to him this season
    13 team Roto keeper league 12 F, 6D, 2G, G,A,+/-, PIMS, Hits, TOI(D), GAA, SV%, (Forwards are forwards, no distinction between L,R,C)

F) Ovechkin, Stamkos, Kunitz, Parise, Byfuglien, Backstrom, Little, Gaudreau, Hudler, Brassard, Girgensons, Nelson
    D) S. Weber, Phaneuf, Subban, Carlson, Josi, Vatanen
    G) Rask, Jones

Dobber Sports Expert

Order the first round with the keepers and the next best players and simulate the draft. When it come to the #9 pick, see who would likely be there. Are any of them better than Gronk, especially in PPR? The answer, I highly doubt it. you've got loads of 1st keepers going in other rounds so it still opens up for other teams in the first round for the draft.

Your top 5 RBs (Charles, Bell, Peterson, Lacy...repicked by you, Lynch) are all off the table. Out of your top WRs (Bryant, DT, Jeffery...guy is an idiot if he keeps Morris instead, CJ, Julio, ODB, Nelson, Cobb, Green), you have 5 available. There are 3 first round keepers, so you have 6 picks before #9 and 5 WRs, plus Graham (who I don't think is the top flight TE anymore). So essentially if you look at the trade as a Gronk for Nelson, I don't even see you getting Nelson at #9, or any of the above listed players for that matter. You'd be forced to go QB, which is not the ideal situation in a 1QB league with standard settings.

In summary I wouldn't do the trade. Keep Gronk and re-draft Lacy

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I wouldn't make that deal. I just don't think there will be enough available at #9 to make it worth your while. Keep Gronk, and take Lacy at #2.

Cheers!
    Yahoo, 1 yr, 10-team, H2H Pts
    G 5, A 2.5, +/- 0.25, SOG 0.5, PPG 1.7, PPA 0.85, SHG 3.4, SHA 1.7, PIM -0.7, HIT 1, BLK 1, GWG 2, FOW .5, FOL -0.2
    GS 1, W 5, L -2, GA -1.15, SA 0.10, SV 0.45, SO 2.5

C (2): O'Reilly, Kopitar
    LW (2): Draisatl, B Tkachuk
    RW (2): Stamkos, J Miller
    D (3): Nurse, Pulock, Risto
    Bench: Horvat, Glendening, Parayko, Seguin (IR)
    G: Shesterkin, Blackwood, Koskinen