Thread: RB's and WR's to target late??

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Default RB's and WR's to target late??

I'm looking for a list of guys to jot down and target in the 2nd half of my draft.. PPR league!!

1) Who are the bst backup RB's to target?? Guy's who are behind fragile RB's or guys you think will step up and grab that starters role??

2) WR's who everyone overlooks during the draft but are taken in the first few weeks off the waiver wire?? Like B.Quick, E.Royal, Sanu, etc..

3) 3rd WR options on teams who may jump into that top 2 WR sets??

All your help is much appreciated!!
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Re: RB's and WR's to target late??

1:Montee Ball, Knile Davis, Artis-Payne, Ka'dem Carey, Tevin Coleman, Ameer Abdullah

2:Marlon Brown, Jaleen Strong

3:Martavius Bryant, Devante Adams, Nick Toon
    16 Team H2H Dynasty
    G A Pt PIM SoG PPP H+B FOW DZS
    W Svs GAA Sv%

C Scheifele Tavares Dvorack Eller
    LW Domi Aho Ritchie Vrana
    RW Tarasenko J Williams Laine Sheary
    D Klefbom M Rielly Spurgeon Provorov Ellis Dahlin
    R White Kase Schmaltz Thomas Anston-Reese Lindell Theodore

G McEhlinney C Anderson
    R Kuemper

M Bjork Raddysh Kravtsov Ylonen Soderstorm Gilles Gustavsson Point Khakonen Delia Hill

Dobber Sports Padawan

Some guys not mentioned yet:

RB
    -Juwan Thompson: if anything happens to CJ, I think he's the one that fills in
    -Jonas Gray: has a tremendous opportunity week 1 against the Steelers. He could be a nice option off the bench if he impresses.
    -Joique Bell: I've seen abdullah go in round 5 a few times lately and his ADP continues to climb. Bells ADP is going in the opposite direction, now as low as 8th.
    -Ryan Matthews: he's not a back up and will get a fair amount of touches this year w/o any injuries.
    -Arian Foster: many sites gave dropped him to RB40+ in rankings. He's worth a stash for the end of season. Could be a steal!

WR
    - Parker: athletic wr on a team that will have a much improved O. Most likely starting the year on PUP
    -Dorsett: high powered offense, 1st round pick when Indy had more glaring needs. Many mouths to feed but he's my ROY sleeper
    -Steve Johnson: no Gates to start the year and SJ should be Rivers go to possession guy. He could catch +75 balls this year if they hit it off early
    -Kenny Britt: every year he breaks hearts. But I can't help but pick him with one of my last picks. So much potential.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by TheWhale View Post
    Some guys not mentioned yet:

RB
    -Juwan Thompson: if anything happens to CJ, I think he's the one that fills in
    -Jonas Gray: has a tremendous opportunity week 1 against the Steelers. He could be a nice option off the bench if he impresses.
    -Joique Bell: I've seen abdullah go in round 5 a few times lately and his ADP continues to climb. Bells ADP is going in the opposite direction, now as low as 8th.
    -Ryan Matthews: he's not a back up and will get a fair amount of touches this year w/o any injuries.
    -Arian Foster: many sites gave dropped him to RB40+ in rankings. He's worth a stash for the end of season. Could be a steal!

WR
    - Parker: athletic wr on a team that will have a much improved O. Most likely starting the year on PUP
    -Dorsett: high powered offense, 1st round pick when Indy had more glaring needs. Many mouths to feed but he's my ROY sleeper
    -Steve Johnson: no Gates to start the year and SJ should be Rivers go to possession guy. He could catch +75 balls this year if they hit it off early
    -Kenny Britt: every year he breaks hearts. But I can't help but pick him with one of my last picks. So much potential.
    Much appreciated guys.. I tried giving you some "rep" Whale, it says I need to spread some around first.. HaHa..

I shot Bazz in the neck with the "rep" pistol!!
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Prodigy

RB's - David Cobb (do we really have faith in Sankey?, not to mention Tenn is improved up front, albeit only a bit, but still something to watch), Knile Davis (because he's got the talent, as long as Charles is healthy he sits, but he vaults to a top 10 if anything were to happen), Cameron Artis-Payne (again, if Stew stays healthy he's just a stash, but the o-line is legit, and a dual-threat QB really helps your RB), Andre Williams (not a fan personally, but Jennings can't seem to stay on the field, this will be good value at his current ADP for the amount of goal-line work he would be in line for).

WR's - John Brown (right now he would qualify, but it all depends on Floyd's status, but he is often going un-drafted), Steve Johnson (with Gates out for the first four games, Styles is in line for additional early targets, and finally has a good QB, wouldn't be surprised by a bit of a resurgence from him), and maybe Donte Moncrief (easy to overlook because of Hilton and AJ there, with someone like Luck, there might be more than your average three-wide sets, and Moncrief is only an injury away from becoming a legit WR2/3).

3rd WR's - as mentioned above, I think Steve Styles would fall into this category along with Moncrief, other additions could be Cody Latimer (simply want to see this freak succeed, he's got the talent and so far the rumblings have been that he's going to make quite the splash this season), other than that, this is a bit tougher, so that's all I got at the moment.

Anyways, GL this season, hope this helps.

CT
    10 team Cumulative Points Only - Keep 4
    G (3), A (2), +/- (1), PPP (1), PIM (0.25/min), S (0.4), H (0.2), Bs (0.2), FoW (0.1), W (4), Sv (0.2), SO (4), GA (-1)
    update inc.

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by Bazz View Post
    1:Montee Ball, Knile Davis, Artis-Payne, Ka'dem Carey, Tevin Coleman, Ameer Abdullah

2:Marlon Brown, Jaleen Strong

3:Martavius Bryant, Devante Adams, Nick Toon
    You will not be able to wait around on Abdullah...he is getting rave reviews out of camp and Bell is struggling...I wouldn't call it a stretch to go and get Abdullah by round 6 at the latest. Everyone will be hungry for Gurley, Gordon and Yeldon out of the rookie RBs but Abdullah is in the best situation and can easily outperform all of the above.

Davis though is a great last round pick, couldn't agree more