Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Nikita Zadorov after the trade

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Re: Nikita Zadorov after the trade

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    This is why I hate doing projections. What you wrote here is very logical given that a guy like Zadorov will probably improve over time. But in reality very few players develop linearly, especially defensemen.

Hey, I've tried to answer and help fungchen. I answer the question that's it. Like I said It's never easy to predict the short term offense for a young D.
    Points only keeper league
    7 teams
    28 keepers
    Weekly line up: 12 F / 6 D / 2 G
    Goalie stats: W=2 / SO=2

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Bass56 View Post
    Agreed Eric.

I would also add that in today's NHL, to break 40 points as a D, you've got to be pretty offensively minded... just look at least year's performances.

http://espn.go.com/nhl/statistics/pl...ion/defensemen
    Zadorov has a booming slap shot and he skates very well for his size. His upside is over 40pts.
    7 teams
    28 keepers

Dobber Sports Titan

If all goes well he gets PP1 time with Barrie, Duchene, Mac, and Lando. He has the opportunity to be a 40pt guy in the future. It’s a very realistic opportunity because they’ll likely be slotted together on the 2nd line even strength, and they’re opposite shooting, so it works out if the chemistry works out. 15pts in 60games and 1/3rd were PPP on a terribly ran PP, over 82 games that’s 20pts and 7ppp. If he gets PP1 time, he’ll totally eclipse that number and could push for 20PPP (15 would be a safe bet). 13ESP +15PPP=28, but most D have a 50/50 ESP:PPP ratio. So 15+15=30pts.

Then when things grow, and he develops, 10pts additional from him can be easily done, especially if he hits the top line with Barrie in the near future. It all keys in to who gets the top line minutes on the Avs d-core.

There’s low side, “safe-bet”, and upside numbers. 40pts is his UPSIDE. 30pts would be his safe bet
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Legend

Quote Originally Posted by franklin View Post
    Like I said It's never easy to predict the short term offense for a young D.
    This is so true. And I appreciate everyone chiming in - good discussion. To me, Zadorov is an even tougher one to predict because, as Franklin also said, he has a bomb for a shot and can skate very well for a 6-5, 220 frame. What I've also noticed is that he enjoys jumping into the rush, so he's got a little cowboy in him.

In this video, look at how he wires the puck with gusto and joins the rush. Not only is his shot hard, he seems to label it pretty darn well.

I guess this ultimately depends on his role with the Avs and how he matures and rounds out his overall game. Will Roy trust him enough to give him some leash? Will he play more conservatively with a player like Barrie who loves to push the throttle offensively? There are many questions that need answering but I am very intrigued by his raw skill set to be honest. I'm just trying to figure out if the trade was better or worse for him offensively.
    8-GM / WK-H2H
    Forwards: G=2, A=1, PP/SH= +1, GWG= +2, Shootout G=1, HT= +1
    D-Men/Captain: G=3/A=2
    Goalies: W=3, OTL=1, SO= +2, SV= .10

Start = 13F, 6D, 2G / Keep 44 (3G)
    Captain: Matthews
    (F): MacKinnon, Pasta, Marner, Rantanen, Malkin, Barkov, M.Tkachuk, W.Nylander, Pettersson, Gaudreau, Laine, Keller, Miller, B.Tkachuk, Stutzle, DeBrincat, L.Raymond, K.Johnson, Cozens, Quinn, Guenther, Kulich, Cooley
    (D): Makar, Dahlin, Q.Hughes, Ekblad, Rielly, Werenski, Letang, Jones, Chychrun,
    Seider, Edvinsson, Jiricek, Korchinski, Mintyukov, Ceulemans, Hutson
    (G): Shesterkin, Demko, Vejmelka

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    There’s low side, “safe-bet”, and upside numbers. 40pts is his UPSIDE. 30pts would be his safe bet
    I would not argue because you can be right about his upside. But I think his upside is higher.

I took a look at the Dobber mid season guide of 2015, they had Zadorov upside at 53pts and 3YP at 45pts. I think this is a bit high but I would not argue either.
    7 teams
    28 keepers

Administrator

Of course Zadorov has an "upside" of 40+ points. Heck, if Sheldon Souray can turn into a 60+ point guy, so can Zadorov right? It's within the realm of possibility.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Titan

I was kinda clearing up the “upside” and “realistic” number debate. If a defenseman can get 30pts in a yr, 40 isn’t that far off for them. If people agree that 30pts can be done by a defenseman, 40pts isn’t out of grasp to me. A pass here, a post and in shot by anyone on the ice, a blocked shot doesn’t get blocked. Same goes the other way tho, 30pts can turn to 20pts just as easily. A trip to the doghouse or IR, a broken stick on a shot or pass, a winger not clearing it out.

These debates right now are kinda moot to be honest. Time fillers. Who knows what can happen in the next 2 months, and who knows who’s gonna click together in preseason.

Zadorov is mobile for a big guy (average skater tho), nice passer, big shot, hits large, but who knows what his role will be on the team. Maybe he does better with EJ and then becomes the Offensive D-man, but maybe he plays better with Barrie and becomes the defensive defenseman.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Padawan

I don't really think the trade will change much for Zadorov. Don't know what his points upside is because he's still raw but he's going to be a beast in his own end no matter what team he plays on.

Dobber Sports Expert

Great pick up for the Avs. I think he tops out on the second pairing as the #3 d-man. I'm looking year after next that Colorado will trot out a blue line of Bigras-Barrie, Zadorov-Johnson.

Dobber Sports Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Goldendelicious View Post
    Great pick up for the Avs. I think he tops out on the second pairing as the #3 d-man. I'm looking year after next that Colorado will trot out a blue line of Bigras-Barrie, Zadorov-Johnson.
    Gold,

How do you project him offensive-wise? Next year and beyond?
    8-GM / WK-H2H
    Forwards: G=2, A=1, PP/SH= +1, GWG= +2, Shootout G=1, HT= +1
    D-Men/Captain: G=3/A=2
    Goalies: W=3, OTL=1, SO= +2, SV= .10

Start = 13F, 6D, 2G / Keep 44 (3G)
    Captain: Matthews
    (F): MacKinnon, Pasta, Marner, Rantanen, Malkin, Barkov, M.Tkachuk, W.Nylander, Pettersson, Gaudreau, Laine, Keller, Miller, B.Tkachuk, Stutzle, DeBrincat, L.Raymond, K.Johnson, Cozens, Quinn, Guenther, Kulich, Cooley
    (D): Makar, Dahlin, Q.Hughes, Ekblad, Rielly, Werenski, Letang, Jones, Chychrun,
    Seider, Edvinsson, Jiricek, Korchinski, Mintyukov, Ceulemans, Hutson
    (G): Shesterkin, Demko, Vejmelka

Dobber Sports Monster

The move to Colorado is quite interesting. I think if he gets his maturity figured out he'll thrive. Maybe an Adam Foote clone but more offense?

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by fungchen3 View Post
    T... so he's got a little cowboy in him. ...
    Picked him up across all my leagues as soon as I got home from 2013 Mem Cup (MacK, Drouin, Domi, Horvat, Seth, Rattie, Pouliott, Fucale, Makarov, Stolarz + so many hot Juniors at the Show). More than a cowboy, he was a teammate when the chips were down, scored the GWG on the opening game with the Hosts (Blades), then played the boards to slow down the rest and the rest were fast. Single-handly slowed the pace when needed, though the Knights never saw the Finals. 35-40 will be nice when he adds the thumps and bumps, over and over again.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by fungchen3 View Post
    T... so he's got a little cowboy in him. ...
    Picked him up across all my leagues as soon as I got home from 2013 Mem Cup (MacK, Drouin, Domi, Horvat, Seth, Rattie, Pouliott, Fucale, Makarov, Stolarz + so many hot Juniors at the Show). More than a cowboy, he was a teammate when the chips were down, scored the GWG on the opening game with the Hosts (Blades), then played the boards to slow down the rest and the rest were fast. Single-handly slowed the pace when needed, though the Knights never saw the Finals. 35-40 will be nice when he adds the thumps and bumps, over and over again.
    TEAM 1
    12 Team Dynasty, H2H, G, A, PPP, SOG, FOW, HITS, BLKS, PIM, GWG, ShG, W, SHO, GA, SV, ShL, OL
    3-6C, 3-6W, 6D, 8B, 2G, 20 farm, 3IR

C - Crosby-McDavid-Giroux-Kadri
    W - Ovechkin-Marchand-Lehkonen-Wheeler-E.Kane-Landeskog
    D - Jones-Schenn-Stone-Lindholm-Moser-Whitecloud
    G - Hellebuyck-Lindgren-Martin-Stalock

Full Keeper

Dobber Sports Pro

I think he is in a better situation now but dont expect a big jump in points. 25-30 points, maybe 2nd pp unit and solid in hits and blocks.
    WHL - World Hockey League (24-Team Daily H2H) Est. 2015

Vancouver Voodoo
    C: Scheifele, Sedin, Stastny, Zetterberg
    LW: Panarin, Landeskog,
    RW: P. Kane, , Meier, Mantha, Anderson, Coyle, Hansen
    D: Carlson, Faulk, Hamilton, Trouba, Goligoski, Matheson
    G: Andersen, Mason
    Minors: Demko, Virtanen, Walman, Benson, Gourde, Boqvist, Glass, Foote, Claesson, Gaudette

12 team, keep 15 H2H Weekly
    Crosby, Malkin, Seguin, Kessel, Kucherov, Byfuglien, OEL, Klingberg, Holtby, Quick, Scheifele, Hellebuyck, Simmonds, Arvidsson, Schenn

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg