Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6

Thread: Favourite video games

Dobber Sports Genius

Default Re: Favourite video games

Quote Originally Posted by Bass56 View Post
    The Donkey Kong clone?

EDIT: Wow, I had forgot that Jumpman was Mario's original name. Your post made me look up the game and I found some cool info on it:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jumpman
    It was a game that on my cousin's home computer in the early 80's. I loved playing this game and didn't mind going over to their house to visit. I was in early grade school and this was the first game that I really got into. It was my first favourite!
    - I said... "God damn this tablet is heavy!"

Dobber Sports All-Star

Resistance Fall of Man
    Halo 4 & Reach
    Mass Effect 2 & 3
    Madden 95
    FF7, FFX, FFRK
    Injustice
    14 Team NHL Salary Cap Dynasty -daily starts
    H2H, Salary Cap 95mil, Player actual salaries (all)
    +/-,G,A,GWG,PTS,STP,PIM,SOG,HT,BS,GAA,SO,SV,W
    Starters: 12 Forwards, 6 Defense, 2 Goalies

Forwards: Domi, K.Connor, Kessel, Parise, Monahan, Point, Rantanen, Kucherov, Panarin , M.Martin, Reaves, Marner
    Defense: Butcher, K.Russell, Pelech, Girard, Klingberg, Larsson
    Goalie: Rask, Hellebuyck
    Reserves: D.Strome, Jo.Benn, Polak, C.Crawford , M.Jones, A.Dell, Koskinen
    Prospects: Soderstrom, Sorokin, J.Dahlen, Kaprizov, Yamamoto, Makar, Starrett , F.Sandstrom, Timmins, T.Terry
    Fantrax TAHL 2013 & 2018 Champion

Dobber Sports Padawan

I compiled this list for a different message board, but here they are, in no particular order... Keep in mind I don't really play vids anymore so it's mostly an old-school list. PC games are also included.

Journey to Silius
    Battletoads
    Bandit Kings of Ancient China
    Super Mario Bros. 2
    NHL 96, EA Sports
    Space Quest III: The Pirates of Pestulon
    Police Quest 2: The Vengeance
    Hero's Quest/Quest for Glory: So You Want to be a Hero
    Wolfenstein 3D
    Duke Nukem 3D
    Goldeneye 007
    F-Zero
    NFL Blitz
    Resident Evil 3: Nemesis
    Grand Theft Auto: Vice City
    Mario Kart: Double Dash!!
    Excitebike 64
    Red Dead Redemption
    NHL 11
    World of Warcraft
    Tekken Tag Tournament
    Perfect Dark
    Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2
    Rock N' Roll Racing

10th year Keeper League, Fantrax

14 teams, H2H, keep 10, daily starts
    G (3), A (2), +/- (1), PIM (0.1), PPP (1), FOW (0.1), FOL (-0.1), BLK (0.5), HAT (3), W (5), SO (3), SV (0.1), GA (-0.5)

C (3) - Schmaltz (LW, RW), Mercer (RW), Norris (IR), Domi (LW), T. Johnson (RW), Nosek (LW)
    LW (3) - Keller (RW), Hagel, McCann (C), Zacha (LW), Kubalik (RW), N. Foligno (IR)
    RW (3) - Fiala (LW), Vilardi (C), Ehlers (LW), Kakko
    D (4) - Theodore, Orlov, Grzelcyk, T. van Riemsdyk, Clifton, Skjei, Weegar
    Util (1)
    G (1) - Montembault, Allen, Halak

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by The Guvnah View Post
    Police Quest 2: The Vengeance
    YES!!! What a game!! Simply mind blowing for that era. I think it had like 6 floppy disks or something. Never got to finishing it though. Did you ever complete it?
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Cooley, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

Dobber Sports Padawan

YES!!! What a game!! Simply mind blowing for that era. I think it had like 6 floppy disks or something. Never got to finishing it though. Did you ever complete it?
    I did. I played the HELL out of that game! I think there were actually 8 5.25" disks but only 3 of the 3.5"... At any rate, yes, so much time spent on that one.

G (3), A (2), +/- (1), PIM (0.1), PPP (1), FOW (0.1), FOL (-0.1), BLK (0.5), HAT (3), W (5), SO (3), SV (0.1), GA (-0.5)

C (3) - Schmaltz (LW, RW), Mercer (RW), Norris (IR), Domi (LW), T. Johnson (RW), Nosek (LW)
    LW (3) - Keller (RW), Hagel, McCann (C), Zacha (LW), Kubalik (RW), N. Foligno (IR)
    Util (1)

Dobber Sports Genius

I did. I played the HELL out of that game! I think there were actually 8 5.25" disks but only 3 of the 3.5"... At any rate, yes, so much time spent on that one.
    I was fascinated by the Police Quest games, but I couldn't seem to get anywhere in them. And I loved adventure games.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Great thread! My old school faves in no particular order (my god, the time I spent): Master of Magic, Master of Orion, XCOM, The Bards Tale, Dungeon Master, Populous, Warlords and Wasteland. I'd like to say I moved on, but no...now it's Fallout, Skyrim, and Dragon Age. Thank gods for fantasy hockey to pull me back from the abyss...
    2012 DobberHockey Hall of Fame - Player's Category

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Original Nintendo: Blades of Steel, Mike Tyson' Punch Out, Mario Brothers, and Contra

Sega dreamcast: Madden football..

N64: Golden Eye and Mario kart..
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by CascadeFilly View Post
    I was fascinated by the Police Quest games, but I couldn't seem to get anywhere in them. And I loved adventure games.
    I go back and play those games now -- the Police Quests, Space Quests, King's Quests, etc... and I can't do it. I just get frustrated and start looking for answers on-line. I'm not sure if the internet ruined me or old age ruined me, or a combination of the two, but those old adventure games are just too much for this old bastard.

Util (1)

Dobber Sports Giant

I go back and play those games now -- the Police Quests, Space Quests, King's Quests, etc... and I can't do it. I just get frustrated and start looking for answers on-line. I'm not sure if the internet ruined me or old age ruined me, or a combination of the two, but those old adventure games are just too much for this old bastard.
    Same here, I tried playing Monkey Island on my iPhone and I had to get a walkthrough online because I kept getting stuck. Funny how 20 years ago, I was able to beat the game without any help?!?
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey

Dobber Sports Ninja

This is my kind of thread. I'm gonna have a long list. Kind of hard to rank games that I play alone vs. games that I play with friends but I'll try.

1) Dota/Dota 2
    2) Halo 3 - Best Halo game, hands down.
    3) COD MW2
    4) Batman: Arkham City
    5) Batman: Arkham Asylum
    6) Shadow of Mordor
    7) Payday 2
    8) Skyrim
    9) Star Wars Battlefronts 1/2
    10) Starcraft
    11) Batman: Arkham Origins
    12) MVP 2005
    13) Runescape
    14) The Simpsons Hit and Run
    15) Streets of Rage

That's all that come to mind right now.

- - - Updated - - -

This is my kind of thread. I'm gonna have a long list. Kind of hard to rank games that I play alone vs. games that I play with friends but I'll try.

1) Dota/Dota 2
    2) Halo 3 - Best Halo game, hands down.
    3) COD MW2
    4) Batman: Arkham City
    5) Batman: Arkham Asylum
    6) Shadow of Mordor
    7) Payday 2
    8) Skyrim
    9) Star Wars Battlefronts 1/2
    10) Starcraft
    11) Batman: Arkham Origins
    12) MVP 2005
    13) Runescape
    14) The Simpsons Hit and Run
    15) Streets of Rage

That's all that come to mind right now.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Dikoi View Post
    Really like the recently released MOBA game "Heroes of the Storm" for PC by Blizzard. It's 5 on 5 and you really have to work as a team to be successful, just like hockey.
    Dude you should check out dota. Except don't play dota if 1) you don't have thick skin or 2) you have anger management problems because the level of flaming and salt in this game is unreal.

The International 5 is going on right now, an annual massive dota tournament held in Seattle. Prize pool is at $17.7 million at the moment and climbing. They just finished the group stages yesterday and are taking a break till next week but you shoudl check it out. It's the main event.

Dobber Sports Ninja

I've only gotten 2-3 nukes... I get long killstreaks but I either fall short of 25 or I don't have a Nuke equipped... For those reasons, I've kinda given up on them and just go with: Predator-Harriers-Pavelow!
    Quote Originally Posted by Slug View Post
    One of my gaming achievements I'm most of proud of is the few nukes that I had in MW2 without boosting.
    Don't get me wrong because i have it listed as #3 on my list, but MW2 was such a broken game and it's part of the reason why I loved it so much lol.

Pretty much once you get your predator strike if you're a competent player you're mowing people down in your chopper gunner or AC130 like half a minute later.

Actually one of the best gaming memories I have is playing with a stack of my friends, and we were on a 22 game winning streak (which we had done before). We were on the 23rd game and we were just getting spanked with the way we were playing so we decided to actually strategize movements instead of going yolo solo and we came back from like 20 kills which is absolutely unheard of in that game at the time to set our new winning streak record. I won the game off a double kill with my FAMAS when I shot two guys one through the other with one shot. We were one death away from losing at the time lol. We went absolutely bonkers and this was at like 2am and my parents lost it on me, but it was so f'ing worth LOL. That killcam at the end of the game....

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Here are the games I enjoyed / played the most......

NES: Final Fantasy, Dragon Warrior Series, Duck Tales, Blades of Steel, Jackal, Super Mario Bros Series, Contra, River City Ransom

SNES: Super Mario Allstars, Super Mario World, Madden NFL Series, Mortal Kombat, EA Sports NHL Series, Super Star Wars Series, WWF Royal Rumble, Super Tennis, NBA Jam, Donkey Kong Country

Sony Playstation 1: Extreme Games, Twisted Metal

N64: Golden Eye, Mario kart 64, Star Wars: Shadow of the Empire

X-Box: Halo, Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic, Gladius

PC: Diablo I & 2, Age of Empires II, Heroes of Might and Magic III, Conquest of the New World
    10 Team Keeper League, 15 Keepers (max 2 goalies), 10 prospects, Start 2C, 2LW, 2RW, 3 Utility, 4D, 2G

Stats: G, A, P, +/-, PIMS, SOG, STP; W, SO, SV%, GAA

C: MacKinnon, Scheifele, Larkin, Pavelski (RW)
    LW Panarin, Ehlers , Ovechkin, Verhaeghe (C), Beauvillier, Killorn
    RW: Kucherov, Pastrnak, Wheeler, Mangiapane (LW)
    D: Makar, Hughes, Krug; Pietrangelo, Schmidt, Andersson, Gostibehere
    G: Vasilevskiy, Hellebuyck, Bobrovsky

Prospects: Sorokin (G), Askarov (G), Raymond (LW), Kaliyev (RW), Perfetti (RW), Norris (C), Kaprizov (LW), Hayton (C), Brannstrom (D), Boqvist (D), Clarke (D)

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by bondon View Post
    Don't get me wrong because i have it listed as #3 on my list, but MW2 was such a broken game and it's part of the reason why I loved it so much lol.

Pretty much once you get your predator strike if you're a competent player you're mowing people down in your chopper gunner or AC130 like half a minute later.

Actually one of the best gaming memories I have is playing with a stack of my friends, and we were on a 22 game winning streak (which we had done before). We were on the 23rd game and we were just getting spanked with the way we were playing so we decided to actually strategize movements instead of going yolo solo and we came back from like 20 kills which is absolutely unheard of in that game at the time to set our new winning streak record. I won the game off a double kill with my FAMAS when I shot two guys one through the other with one shot. We were one death away from losing at the time lol. We went absolutely bonkers and this was at like 2am and my parents lost it on me, but it was so f'ing worth LOL. That killcam at the end of the game....
    Wow I can just feel the excitement here! All of your team on your mics, strategy and luck galore, closing in on that 20 kill gap! Just getting that final kill that ends the game and wins it all! If you end up being on the winning side, you get up and cheer.... If you are on the losing end though, the tv or the wall (better alternative IMO) usually gets paid a visit by a violently tossed controller!

Do you still play it by any chance?

Minors: