Page 41 of 106 FirstFirst ... 31 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 51 91 ... LastLast

Thread: Rate the last 5 movies you've watched

Dobber Sports Superstar

Default Re: Rate the last 5 movies you've watched

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post
    Just watched Avengers. It was "ok". First one was definitely better. Didn't really feel a connection to the characters this time.

I don't know about you guys, but in my opinion, the Avengers are really just Ironman, Hulk and Thor... the rest of them are boring and act as "filler". Johansson should stay simply on hot factor, but Hawkeye and Captain Boring both need to go.

Can't wait for Infinity Gauntlet... that should be an epic one.
    I expect the problem with CA and Hawkeye is that the writers are not finding ways to integrate them in these Transformer-esque power-orgies. Even the Black Widow's only function is to reign in the big green guy.

RETIRED

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Bomm Bastic View Post
    Winter's Bone (2010)...little older but a must see. Very dark plot, but very well acted.
    Going to check this one out. So after a 10 minute read on past posts, I have a list of Winter's Bone, Divergent, Pedestrian, Imitation game, transcendence and the score........time to watch some trailers.

Saw Whiplash on flix last night. 8/10. Simmons was awesome in it. Nasty prick. I have a drumming background and found this flick fun to watch. I wouldn't have taken those slaps in the face though.

Saw the Kingsman. 7/10. Starts well and could have been much better. The end felt a little like Austin Powers. A spy movie that is making fun of ....spy movies. Firth was great in it.

Tinker Tailor....horribly boring. sorry. ejected dvd after 20 minutes.

American Sniper 8/10 Does not stay 100% true to his book. The street fight scenes were very good. In his book, the other 'pro' sniper dies early in the war, shot by someone else. But that shot he took on the roof near the end, did happen...and well he killed some other guy.
    Hockey Pools? Too many to mention. Points only, salary cap and dynasty.

Dobber Sports Giant

- Jurrassic World 8/10: Felt like I was a kid again watching Jurrasic Park for the first time. It was not a classic but a very good movie to see in 3D
    - Avengers Age of Ultron 7/10: I did not like it as much as the first one but it had its good moments
    - The Wedding Ringer 6/10: It was cheesy but some scenes were able to save the movie as a whole. Would probably not rewatch it.
    - Video Games - The Movie 6.5/10: A documentary about video games... sounded really cool, turned out to be decent
    - Fifty Shades of Grey 2/10: My GF's sister forced her to watch it and I was caught up in the collateral damage...
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Cooley, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Neighbours, Reichel, Holloway
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

Dobber Sports Genius

Furious 7 - Absolutely stupid, but still pretty fun if you know what you're getting into. 7/10

I sort of watched Mad Max Fury Road (I was playing a board game at the same time). It looked terrible. There was maybe 10-15 minutes of actual story, and the rest was one long action sequence/chase. I like action, but a film has to grab me by making me like the characters and care about what's going on. This movie gave me no opportunity to do that. Even Furious 7 did a better job of this, and I'm pretty surprised at the critical acclaim that Mad Max received. The world and action are impressively crafted, I'll give it that, but it didn't make for a good movie for my taste.

Dobber Sports Sage

San Andreas - 6.5/10
    Mad Max - 10/10
    Jurassic Park - 6.5/10
    Mad Max - 10/10
    Mad Max - 10/10

Yes, Mad Max is that good. There isn't one aspect of the movie (cinematography, directing, characters, acting, soundtrack, tempo, setting, story-line, costumes, make-up, action sequences, etc..) that isn't perfect, IMO.

Watch it.
    The League in London (20 Team Multi-Cat H2H $100 Dynasty League) - Season 11
    ... In memory of "The Net Detective"
    C Pinto kDach Hayton Roy / Lowry Bjugstad Blueger Carrick
    LW Lehkonen Knies kJohnson Greenway / Laferriere Reichel Luostarinen Kartye Grebyonkin Buchelnikov
    RW
    Quinn Joseph Roslovic Chinakhov / Kakko Glass Brink O'Connor Holmberg Berggren Tuomaala
    D
    Werenski Hronek Power Guhle McCabe Roy / Gudas Raddysh Pachal Evans Cormier
    G
    Swayman / Hill Mrazek Ivanov Kokko

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by VintageVibe View Post
    Mad Max - 10/10

Yes, Mad Max is that good. There isn't one aspect of the movie (cinematography, directing, characters, acting, soundtrack, tempo, setting, story-line, costumes, make-up, action sequences, etc..) that isn't perfect, IMO.

Watch it.

Is it comparable to the original? Is it comparable to anything else?

Is it a step up on the original like Judge Dredd vs Dredd?
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Neighbours, Reichel, Holloway

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey

Dobber Sports Giant

For all those that have Netflix, please do not watch FALCON RISING with Michael Jai White... unless you are a die hard Steven Segal fan.

I was fooled into watching because Netflix users rated it 4/5 stars!!

It's not horrible (if you like Segal movies, which I do), but 4 stars... common!

Minors:

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Bass56 View Post
    For all those that have Netflix, please do not watch FALCON RISING with Michael Jai White... unless you are a die hard Steven Segal fan.

I was fooled into watching because Netflix users rated it 4/5 stars!!

It's not horrible (if you like Segal movies, which I do), but 4 stars... common!
    Those Netflix ratings are based on your own viewing/rating habits, so maybe they got it right?

Dobber Sports Ninja

4/5 stars is actually terrible by netflix standards...

For whatever reason, netflix ratings are messed up. All the best shows are 5/5 lol... anything less than 4.5/5 is probably terrible.

Dobber Sports Genius

The Maze Runner. Lord of the flies meets Hunger Games. 7/10. I'm nearing 40 and I enjoyed it....mildly so so....The 2nd installment is due out soon...

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by CascadeFilly View Post
    Those Netflix ratings are based on your own viewing/rating habits, so maybe they got it right?
    Wait, the stars are based on MY likes???

Does it show in new to Netflix??

Minors:

Dobber Sports Genius

Predestination took me 98 minutes to watch, and I've spent 120 minutes since trying to figure it out. I was right there up until 45 minutes, then....
    I liked it regardless. Well acted. 8/10. Ex Machina is on my to do list.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by Call of Doughty View Post
    The Maze Runner. Lord of the flies meets Hunger Games. 7/10. I'm nearing 40 and I enjoyed it....mildly so so....The 2nd installment is due out soon...
    i really liked this as well. usually movies with kids as the main actors are automatically ruined for me (enders game, divergent etc) but this one was well done. good character development and the storyline was great.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Call of Doughty View Post
    Predestination took me 98 minutes to watch, and I've spent 120 minutes since trying to figure it out. I was right there up until 45 minutes, then....
    I liked it regardless. Well acted. 8/10. Ex Machina is on my to do list.

definitely a mind **** movie. you need to watch it twice to get a better feel of what's going on.

Dobber Sports Master

Sharknado 3

My god, it was spectacular.
    /S

~ I'm not a sociopath, it's just that my magnetic personality keeps throwing off my moral compass.~

Victoria DH
    C(3): Athanasiou, Sissons, Zibanejad
    LW(3): Lehkonen, Burakovsky, Hymen
    RW(3): Bjorkstrand, Smith, Palmieri
    F(3): Stepan (C), Bjork (LW), Poehling (C)
    D(6): Carlson, Heiskanen, Bogosian, Edler, Hakanpaa, Fleury
    G(1): Talbot, Sorokin, Varlamov
    Bench: Parise (LW), Motte (C), Richardson (C), Hagg (D)
    IR: Wood, Henrique, Johnson, Dvorak

Prospects: (F) Barre-Boulet, Khovanov, Beckman, Greig, N. Robertson, Fagemo, Tuomalaa, (D) Ceulemans, Hughes, Schneider, Zboril

Dobber Sports Guru

Saw two in the theatres this past week.

Trainwreck: Not bad. It doesn't really pick up steam until about 20 minutes in. Once the relationship between the two main characters start is when it really gets going. My wife didn't like it as much though. I was surprised that a movie without a big name lead actually got so many big name people in it. I'd give it 7.5.

Spy: This was an excellent action/comedy movie with Melissa McCarthy and Jason Staham. Lots of action, and funny like you wouldn't believe. Especially about halfway through the movie when McCarthy switches characters and just lays into people with the insults. My wife loved this one. She raved about it non-stop, and she's not really an action film person. 9.5.

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid