Thread: Cam Barker for Ryan Malone

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Cam Barker for Ryan Malone

Its my Barker for his Malone. This would be a post waiver trade so no risk in losing Malone. My defence is pretty solid and well abit tired of waiting on Barker.

He might want me to throw in Gilbert. Is this too much?

Malone is cheap in our pool but not sure he is worth this much.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Malone for Barker yes, but only if Malone\'s cheap. I\'ve lost my faith in Barker a bit as well, and he\'s stuck as a probable 5th Dman in Chicago.

Malone for Barker and Gilbert not a chance would I make that trade. If Malone is on the 2nd line, he could possibly get 60-65 points, but with all the forwards that TB has, if Malone doesn\'t start off the year well, he could easily fall to the 3rd line and 40-45 points. He\'s just not worth it. Barker still has potential, and he\'s young. It just might take him a bit longer to find his stride.

Administrator

If you do add Gilbert, get a second player back. He\'s already a 30 point dman, which is pretty solid.

But the Malone/Barker deal I\'d do straight up. Malone is a safe 40 point guy with 50-55 point upside in Tampa.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Genius

i\'d swap barker for malone as long as my d is good but would not give up gilbert as well , he may be the best of the 3 in the not so distant future.
    Roto type keeper league.We keep any 6 ;15 teams , 3 div. of 5.We play 3 lines , 3 def. and start 2 goalies.6 BN.Stats are 1pt. for goals and assists , 2pts. for W , tie(O.T. or S.O. loss) 1pt. S.O. 1pt.Weekly line-up from Mon. to Sun. Total pts. per line against other teams lines.

LW - Ovechkin , Drouin ,Steen , Huberdeau
    RW - Nash , Callahan , Nyquist
    C - B. Schenn , Fisher , R.N.H. , St. Louis , T. Johnson
    Def.- E. Johnson , Gologoski , Suter , Doughty , O.E.L.
    G - Scheinder , Dubnyk , Lack

Dobber Sports Apprentice

For sure do the first part. if your needing to do Gilbert as well then you need to sell the fact that he was just signed to a sweet deal and looks to be a central figure to Edmontons rise. The thing with Gilbert is though he has Souray and Visnovsky ahead of him. How much PP time does that leave him, not much. As much as the new deal is sweet it doesn\'t look like he\'s the guy they will be basing their offense around, at least not for the next couple years.

If your able to land a second piece to go with Malone it\'s a decent deal, of course providing you can handle the loss of D. If Barker or Seabrook get moved then that could open up some more ice time one way or another. Might be better to give him 1 more year to see where things end up. I\'d think this is his make or break year. Would be a real shame to move him and then have him turn out to be the go to guy in say Ottawa or across the point from Campbell.
    H2H Points
    Protect- roster:18 + prospects:7
    F- Tavares, M.Richards, Lecavalier, Kovalchuk, Horton, Hossa, Purcell, Hartnell, Pominville, Simmonds
    D- Doughty, Hedman, Boyle, Meszaros, Wideman
    G- Fleury, Halak, Vokoun

Prospects-
    F- Bowman, Coyle, Adam, Zibenajad, Geoffrion
    D- Savard, Wishart
    G- Hackett, Jones