Thread: Brand New Dynasty Salary Cap League

Dobber Sports Recruit

Default Brand New Dynasty Salary Cap League

We just started a brand new 24 team dynasty salary cap league. The expansion draft is an offline draft and it starts tomorrow.

We currently have two openings. Below are the teams we need GM's for and their captain:

New York Islanders - Carey Price
    Tampa Bay Lightning - Jamie Benn

if interested visit our league, http://internationalfha.proboards.com, and go to the claim teams thread and claim one of the two available teams above.

Again our expansion draft starts tomorrow.

if you have any questions I am CanesGM in the league so feel free to ask.

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Re: Brand New Dynasty Salary Cap League

Is this the league where the commish picked first and grabbed McDavid as his captain?

The Great One

Yep.

Dobber Sports Recruit

Yeah, not a big deal though. Three of us were apart of another league and talked about starting a new league. We talked about setting it up so that whenever someone joins the league they get to pick a "captain" for their team so it was first come first serve. Me and one of the other guys didn't have as much time to get the league set up and be a commish so the person who set the league up got his choice of a "captain". He now gets the last pick in the 1st round of the expansion draft as the draft order is the reverse order of teams signing up.

Dobber Sports Stud

IMHO that is ridiculous way to start a league. That's in essence the first round pick and your making it first come first serve.
    Good luck

Dobber Sports Recruit

I'm not sure why it is ridiculous. Everything can be seen as first come first serve. That made it more important to sign up for the league quicker so you could have more of a selection of players to choose from when selecting your captain. I would have rather been the last team to sign up so I can still get a really good player and then have the first overall pick in the expansion draft.

This is the 2nd league I am apart of that has been pretty similarly and the 1st league is in it's 3rd year and it has been great and a lot of fun. We have a great group of GM's and are developing the same thing in the new league.

Dobber Sports Stud

Its ridiculous, again in my opinion, because the person that set up the league immediately selected first overall in a dynasty league. why not wait till the league is full then randomly select an order for the teams to be selected than select a captain in reverse order.?

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Fantrax or yahoo?