Thread: Biron for St. Louis......

Dobber Sports Newbie

Default Biron for St. Louis......

Keeper league - dynasty - Offered St. Louis for Biron - thoughts...????
    13 team Dynesty H2H, +/-, 2pts g/a, +1 ppa/ppg, Goalie - 8pts W,4pts L minus GA

Forwards-Savard, Kovalev, Statsny, PM Bouchard, Pleckanec, M Richards, Semin, Pavelski, Brunnstrom, Voracek, Turris, Okposo
    Defence-Markov,E. Johnson, Pitkanen
    Goalies-Biron, Giguere,Lunqvist
    Play 6F 2D 2G

Dobber Sports Wizard

St.Louis side wins.

A ppg forward over a marginal goalie any day, unless your league\'s cats/scoring are goaltender heavy. Cheers.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I would need to know your scoring system to properly evaluate this, but on principle I\'d have to accept that offer.
    e11 team league
    F: Zetterberg, St. Louis, Iginla, Datsyuk, Alfredsson, Arnott, Forsberg, Stillman, Whitney, Knuble, Morrow, Holmstrom, Sakic, Doan
    D: McCabe, Lidstrom, Spacek, Markov, Schneider, Chara, Timonen
    G: Biron, Toskala, Ramo
    2ND PLACE

Dobber Sports Genius

St. Louis is our choice, providing you have RW in your pool. RW is the toughest wing to fill in our pool. St. Louis is a top 5ish RW in the NHL. Last season his goals were a touch low. He is getting to that point that you begin to question his age.

Biron, although interesting and in a good situation, is still trying to prove he\'s an elite tender. There are at least 10 superior goaltenders to drive. That said, I do respect his high save percentage last year. He is on the cusp on developing a fleet of believers and Philly appears on the rise.

The overall offer isn\'t ridiculous, I just think at the moment, that you might achieve more for your St. Louis. If it\'s Biron that you prefer and the risks associated with him, then I\'d at least being asking for something thrown in. A solid pick.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

MolsonX wrote:
    St.Louis side wins.

A ppg forward over a marginal goalie any day, unless your league\'s cats/scoring are goaltender heavy. Cheers.
    St.Louis is my choice for this reason also.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Can you give us anymore info on your league and roster? That would give us a better idea evaluating this deal.

As good as St. Louis is (and he\'s good), trading him for a #1 goalie who has lots of promise and plays for a competitive team is hard to pass up. In my league, goalies are really hard to come by. If you can only play two you HAVE to have at least two good starters to make a run at a championship.

Biron is underated by a lot of people because he was stuck behind Miller in Buffalo for so long. He showed he deserved a shot as a #1 when he was in Buffalo (remember that run he went on a few years ago? 12 games won or something?). He also had a good playoff run this past season and played a large part in Philly\'s quick turn around. If you\'re weak at goalie and your league rewards them in the standings I\'d seriously consider this.
    Team 1
    C: Kuznetsov
    LW: Ovechkin, Hall, Gaudreau, Huberdeau
    RW: Perry, Voracek, Nyquist
    D: Hedman,
    G: Schneider, Hellebuyck*
    Prospects: Lazar, Mantha, Bjorkstrand, Gillies, P.L. Dubois, Konency
    * Prospect Bonus

Team 2
    C: Crosby, Malkin, Backstrom, Coyle
    LW: Saad, Lucic, van Reimsdyk, Kuznetsov
    RW: Ovechkin, Connolly
    D: Byfuglein, Krug, Green, Lindholm, Savard
    G: Price, Varlamov, Anderson, Bernier, Pickard
    Prospects: Nurse, Milano, Hellebuyck, Jarry, Gillies, Chychrun

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Okay guys let\'s sort this out - Canuckchick owns Biron - am I right?

Anyway, Canuckchick it would be helpful if you could lay down some details about your league and stats and what you have in goal and on RW at the moment. This deal could really go either way depending on your situation.

Honestly in a dynasty league I would have a hard time flipping a young goalie for a getting old RW, even as good as St.Louis is. It could be right to do but the it\'s all about situation.