Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: {Trade}Soderberg to Colorado

Banned

Default Re: {Trade}Soderberg to Colorado

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I appreciate you at least replying but this doesn't sway me in thinking he's still a top player in the league.

He's not a top three defensive player in the league. In fact, the closest he's come to the Selke Trophy was sixth in voting last year. He's a fine gentleman and has won the Lady Bing, but that doesn't make him a defensive stud, or a top player. It just means he doesn't take a lot of penalties considering the ice time he receives (and that was the only time he's even been considered for that trophy).
    he is definitely a defensive stud. I understand why you wouldn't see a lot of him being out in NS, though.

he's like Sean Couturier but actually good

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    he is definitely a defensive stud. I understand why you wouldn't see a lot of him being out in NS, though.

he's like Sean Couturier but actually good
    Being in NS, I don't get to see a lot of NHL games live, but luckily enough I am able to own a television that allows me to actually watch hockey games.

FWIW, I follow the Av's quite closely as I am a big MacKinnon fan. I watch quite a few of their games actually.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Stringer View Post
    This is interesting:
    http://www.nhl.com/stats/player?fetc...tssPlayerStats

His takeaways/giveaways are elite. I'd say that makes him a good player.
    I never said he wasn't good. In fact, I used those exact words earlier in this thread. What I am saying is that he isn't a top player but he expects to be paid like one.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, SBennett

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Being in NS, I don't get to see a lot of games live, but luckily enough I am able to own a television that allows me to actually watch hockey games.

- - - Updated - - -

I never said he wasn't good. In fact, I used those exact words earlier in this thread. What I am saying is that he isn't a top player but he expects to be paid like one.
    I meant the large time difference. I find it hard to watch any 10 pm game here lol.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    I meant the large time difference. I find it hard to watch any 10 pm game here lol.
    I figured that, I was just being a sarcastic a$$. LOL!

As an Oilers fan, I am used to "trying" to stay up and watch the later games.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, SBennett

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Icon

Do the O'Reilly naysayers consider Andrew Ladd a "top player"? In 7 full NHL seasons, he has more than 50 points 3 times and more than 60 once. Compare that to O'Reilly who has more than 50 twice and more than 60 once in 6 seasons. They both lead their team forwards in ice time. I would say the two players are very comparable in what they bring to a team.

http://jetsnation.ca/2015/6/26/repor...xtension-talks

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by chuckcouples View Post
    Do the O'Reilly naysayers consider Andrew Ladd a "top player"? In 7 full NHL seasons, he has more than 50 points 3 times and more than 60 once. Compare that to O'Reilly who has more than 50 twice and more than 60 once in 6 seasons. They both lead their team forwards in ice time. I would say the two players are very comparable in what they bring to a team.

This naysayer does not consider him a top player.

A good player, but not a top one.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by chuckcouples View Post

Me personally...no. I consider both in the Tier 2 category of real life players. "Top players" are the Crosby's, Ovi's, Perry's, etc. of the league IMO. Then you have the very good support pieces that help a team win, but aren't necessarily the guys you would build a full team around if starting from scratch.
    Capwise Hockey
    Reading Wolfdogs
    St. John's Shamrocks