Thread: Gomez ???

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Gomez ???

Hello guys,

Keeper league, 2 points for a goal, one for an assist.

What are your thoughts on Scott Gomez now that he\'s the man in New York ? What kind of production do you see for this year, and what\'s after ? The guy is probably entering his prime, but...

A guy in my keeper offered me something that would look like my Frolov for Gomez and the 20th overall.

My feeling tells me I shouldn\'t pull the trigger on this one, but at the same time, there\'s something tempting. I guess it\'s this streaky/not playing with Kopitar/could leave for the KHL/little bit of a band-aid factor that scares me with Frolov, but, at the same time, he\'s so hot when he\'s on a roll...

So I said no to the proposal, but it\'s not too late to change my mind.

Just tell me if you think refusing, here, was the right thing to do. I feel it was.

Thanks

Default Gomez ???

I definitely think you made the right choice.

If Frolov still intrigues you - counter offer without the pick. If that doesn\'t work make the pick a lower one or try to throw in a prospect you\'re not very high on, but the other GM may be.
    12 Team Full-Keeper (Custom 82-game schedule, start 6F + 4D + 1G):
    G=1, A=0.5, GA=-0.5

F: Crosby, Benn, Giroux, Kopitar, Boedker, Franzen, Nyquist, Hertl, Ennis, Brassard, Saad, Yakupov, Kuznetsov, Dubinsky, Plekanec, Semin
    D: Yandle, Franson, Vatanen, Bouwmeester, Carlson, Garrison, Daley, Leopold, Voynov, Marincin
    G: Florida, Arizona
    FARM: Kucherov, Tatar, Bjugstad, Girgensons, Etem, Jurco, Nylander, Severson, Lee, Nieto, Stone, Zucker, DeAngelo, Kempe, Dano, Grimaldi, Bjorkstrand, Tolchinsky, R. Murray, Nygren, Elliott[/SIZE]

Default Gomez ???

Studley : I\'m the one who owns Frolov, here. Still happy with my NO, though...

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Gomez ???

Really depends what you could get with the pick. Gomez should out point Frolov, but Frolov will probably score more goals. If you could get a solid player with the pick, I would probably lean towards making the deal.
    Pat LaFontaine #16

Dobber Sports Genius

Default Gomez ???

Only Frolov has the potential to score 40 goals. That would probably give him a career year in the 120 point range. He\'s young and with a developing cast too.

You don\'t mention if you have Centres & Wingers. If you do, then absolutely no consideration to Gomez. Gomez should bounce back with an 80 point effort. 20 goals. That\'s 100 points.

I have no idea what you could draft with the pick. I got Labarbera/S Mason with similar picks earlier this year. A lot of second tier prospects in that window in the pool I play in.

My belly says, NO to the deal.

Default Gomez ???

Your bellies say what my belly say.

Frolov can only go up from now on on this LA team, and is way more fun to own than Gomez.

With the pick, I could probably get a kid like Backlund if I\'im lucky, or Sheppard, or someone like that, but it\'s not worth losing Frolov.

Thanks, guys !

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Gomez ???

Definite no to that deal.

2 pts for a goal and one for assist and even though gomez might slightly out point frolov, frolov should out pool point gomez.
    Sneeze Girl: retired (Brett Favre'd)

9 Keeper, 7 Teams:

1 G, 1 A, 1 PPA, 1 PPG, 2 GWG, 1 SHG, +/-

3 WIN, -1 LOST, 5 SHUTOUT, -0.5 GA, 0.3 SV, -0.2 SHOT