Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast

Thread: 2015 Dobber Forums Mock Draft

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Re: 2015 Dobber Forums Mock Draft

Quote Originally Posted by petegreg21 View Post
    Out of curiosity, what is the other option for a player of his caliber and age now that the CHL has halted the flow of import goalies?

In my estimation, he has to sign with his KHL team, get as much playing time as possible between the MHL and KHL, then cross the pond around 20-21? Surely that's more beneficial than playing in the ECHL.

I've never found a site that gets into the nitty gritty on KHL contracts, but I know some of these young kids also work out-clauses into their contracts to come to the NHL. Vladislav Kamenev is one that comes to mind who has an out this summer if Nashville wants to sign him, but I think he'd have to play in either the NHL or the QMJHL (drafted by Quebec) if he comes?
    I guess nobody can answer this eh?

Banned

I guess nobody can answer this eh?
    Not sure. I thought you couldn't get out of the contract without the transfer agreement in place.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    Ok cool.

Since there are only three days left, is everyone OK with a four hour time limit? Finnish Flash will have until noon to pick if so.
    Finnish Flash has picked, let's give rtstr until 2:00 ET, 12:00MT
    XGL - 16 Team, Points Dynasty League
    $114M cap, 54+ Players, Year #16 - 1st(6x): 08, 12-13, 16, 18-19

F(9+3R): Rantanen, P Kane, Bergeron, Lindholm, Tarasenko, Kadri, Olofsson+
    R: Newhook, Perfetti+
    D(5+2R): Makar, Hronek, Dunn, Sanheim, Andersson
    R: Seider, Harley+

G(2+1R): Price, Varly

WHL - 24 Team Dobber League (Lake Valley Thunder) - 2020/21 Champion
    F: Aho, Bergeron, OV, Hintz, Hoffman+
    D: Hedman, Makar, Werenski, Hronek+
    G: Andersen, Lankinen, Oettinger
    R: Reichel, Timmins, Bjornfot, Cormier, Johnston+

Dobber Sports Stud

Not sure. I thought you couldn't get out of the contract without the transfer agreement in place.
    But you seemed to discount his value based on his contract situation with the KHL, so I'm curious, whats a better move for a guy in Samsonov's position than to hone his skills in Russia until he's 20 or 21?

Kamenev just squashed his contract this summer without having the transfer agreement in place, so there's always ways out I think. I don't think a 3 years KHL contract at age 18 is the end of the world.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by First Round Pick View Post
    Finnish Flash has picked, let's give rtstr until 2:00 ET, 12:00MT
    Oh totally my bad. i didn't see his pick.

Banned

But you seemed to discount his value based on his contract situation with the KHL, so I'm curious, whats a better move for a guy in Samsonov's position than to hone his skills in Russia until he's 20 or 21?

Kamenev just squashed his contract this summer without having the transfer agreement in place, so there's always ways out I think. I don't think a 3 years KHL contract at age 18 is the end of the world.
    I think his value would be discounted without a transfer agreement in place, personally. I don't think NHL execs like seeing a guy sign over there for three more years. I think they'd rather see what Vasilevskiy did. I'd rather he come here after a year or two, because the more he stays there, the more he will want to stay long-term. With that, comes playing on European ice for a long time which is a huge difference for goalies. I think he'll be at worst a second rounder.

Banned

I'm surprised Carlsson lasted this long, seems like he's been rising all year on everybody's lists.

Dobber Sports Stud

I think his value would be discounted without a transfer agreement in place, personally. I don't think NHL execs like seeing a guy sign over there for three more years. I think they'd rather see what Vasilevskiy did. I'd rather he come here after a year or two, because the more he stays there, the more he will want to stay long-term. With that, comes playing on European ice for a long time which is a huge difference for goalies. I think he'll be at worst a second rounder.
    But he can't play in the CHL... USHL isn't an option (I can't find anyone who goes from MHL to USHL, all the Russians have been in the US for a while before the USHL)... Do you tell him to sink or swim in the AHL? Let him toil in the ECHL?

When you say "They'd rather see what Vasilevski did", what does that mean? Vasi got drafted, played two more full years in Russia and came over when he was 20 (will be 21 in July). On the flip side, Samsonov is signed til the end of 2016-2017. Two more seasons from the time he's drafted. At the end of those two seasons, he'll be 20 years old. Same situation, only difference is Samsonov is a February birthday, Vasi is July.

Hopefully this doesn't come across as hostile, I'm not trying to rag on you personally or anything, would just love to hear the rationale as to how Samsonov is any different than Vasilevski come draft day.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

I'm surprised Carlsson lasted this long, seems like he's been rising all year on everybody's lists.
    same. he was a guy i was looking at with my pick. hes probably going in the 1st round this friday.

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares, Hertl
    LW - DeBrincat, Boldy, Lafreniere
    RW - Meier, Miller, Boeser, Nichushkin
    D - Dobson, Karlsson
    G - Jarry, Luukkonen

Banned

But he can't play in the CHL... USHL isn't an option (I can't find anyone who goes from MHL to USHL, all the Russians have been in the US for a while before the USHL)... Do you tell him to sink or swim in the AHL? Let him toil in the ECHL?

When you say "They'd rather see what Vasilevski did", what does that mean? Vasi got drafted, played two more full years in Russia and came over when he was 20 (will be 21 in July). On the flip side, Samsonov is signed til the end of 2016-2017. Two more seasons from the time he's drafted. At the end of those two seasons, he'll be 20 years old. Same situation, only difference is Samsonov is a February birthday, Vasi is July.

Hopefully this doesn't come across as hostile, I'm not trying to rag on you personally or anything, would just love to hear the rationale as to how Samsonov is any different than Vasilevski come draft day.
    I guess I was ignorant because somebody on the radio said he just signed a 3 year extension.

I agree it is the same as Vasilevski, but I personally still wouldn't pick a goalie in the 1st.

I don't see why you can't put him in the AHL though. I would much rather have him doing that than than playing in Russia.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Ok cool.

Since there are only three days left, is everyone OK with a four hour time limit? Finnish Flash will have until noon to pick if so.
    Yes except overnight if possible? I know not every is in the same timezone though...

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares, Hertl
    LW - DeBrincat, Boldy, Lafreniere
    RW - Meier, Miller, Boeser, Nichushkin
    D - Dobson, Karlsson
    G - Jarry, Luukkonen

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by pmorrow View Post
    Yes except overnight if possible? I know not every is in the same timezone though...
    Definitely not overnight. And we're going pretty good here now so the time limits are pretty flexible I'd say. Not really sure how to implement them now lol

Banned

We will now go with a four hour time limit. Ccsitdowns pick will be deleted by taking the highest ranked player on McKenzies list just for fairness. Shift disturber will be on the clock now and had until 8am EST to select.

Dobber Sports Ace

With time differences, that IS overnight for some people. Pick away, I guess.
    20-Team Keeper League
    PTS: G=1, A=1, W=2, SO=3
    Starting roster: 6F, 3D, 1G, *Keep 12 + 2 on farm

F: Kucherov, Scheifele, Eichel, Tarasenko, Rakell, Schwartz, Dadonov
    D: Doughty, Josi, Ekman-Larsson, Keith
    G: Hellebuyck
    Farm: Tolvanen, Kaprizov

16-Team Keeper League
    Starting roster: 6F, 4D, 1G, *Keep 12 + 4 on farm
    F: P Kane, Kessel, Pastrnak, Keller, Marchessault, B Schenn, Fiala, Kase,
    D: Weber, Karlsson, Pietrangelo, Parayko
    G: Rask
    Farm: Kravtsov, A Boqvist, Necas, I Samsonov

Dobber Sports Ace

Definitely not overnight. And we're going pretty good here now so the time limits are pretty flexible I'd say. Not really sure how to implement them now lol
    Although I guess you just did anyway.
    20-Team Keeper League
    Starting roster: 6F, 3D, 1G, *Keep 12 + 2 on farm

F: Kucherov, Scheifele, Eichel, Tarasenko, Rakell, Schwartz, Dadonov
    D: Doughty, Josi, Ekman-Larsson, Keith
    G: Hellebuyck
    Farm: Tolvanen, Kaprizov

16-Team Keeper League
    Starting roster: 6F, 4D, 1G, *Keep 12 + 4 on farm
    F: P Kane, Kessel, Pastrnak, Keller, Marchessault, B Schenn, Fiala, Kase,