Thread: RotoTimes Boo-Boo...Again

Dobber Sports Ninja

Default RotoTimes Boo-Boo...Again

RotoTimes is reporting that the Canucks will trade either Gomez or Drury if they are able to sign Sundin.

It\'s sad really, all these big time U.S. Sports media outlets (RotoTimes, Yahoo, etc) just can\'t seem to get it right when it comes to hockey.

How hard could it be to find a fantasy hockey geek to oversee hockey operations. You know, like maybe a guy who writes for dobberhockey?:blush:

http://www.rototimes.com/nhl/news.ph...&nid=21707
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Banned

******ed, just pathetic

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

I think it flat out sucks that hockey is overlooked in the U.S. by everyone but hardcore fans. How is a sport supposed to grow if Sportscenter basically laughs at it? This is why there are very,very few fair weather or casual hockey fans in America. It\'s not like baseball or football. It doesnt, and never will, get the proper due dilligence. I personally dont care if it gets due dilligence in the U.S. anymore. I get my center ice package and it helps me stay on top of things as much as if I lived in the war room in Toronto. Screw the rest of America\'s opinion on hockey. I love it.

This also helps explain why baseball & football registration & updates on Yahoo are immaculate. And hockey? Riiiiiight. Nobody knows when the hell Yahoo will even have the registration up. If Yahoo even remotely pulled what they did with hockey on baseball or football registration, I think you might see full scale riots. But since it\'s hockey it\'s ok, I guess. So stupid!!

Dobber Sports Ninja

The real pathetic part is that the NHL is so short-sighted. In their last U.S. National TV network broadcasting rights, the NHL didn\'t go with the max exposure, they went for the money.

They NEED ESPN to televise NHL hockey every week at least. Max exposure. Once people start watching, then we may see more fans (and bigger ratings, which in turn will bring bigger paydays in television contracts).

Until hockey gets major exposure in the U.S., it is doomed to the traditional regional markets. Pathetically short-sighted. Nice work Gary.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

The Comish wrote:
    The real pathetic part is that the NHL is so short-sighted. In their last U.S. National TV network broadcasting rights, the NHL didn\'t go with the max exposure, they went for the money.

They NEED ESPN to televise NHL hockey every week at least. Max exposure. Once people start watching, then we may see more fans (and bigger ratings, which in turn will bring bigger paydays in television contracts).

Until hockey gets major exposure in the U.S., it is doomed to the traditional regional markets. Pathetically short-sighted. Nice work Gary.
    Excellent points. I thought I was the only one who saw this. Guess not,lol. They SERIOUSLY need ESPN on their side if theyr\'e trying to grow in the U.S. Because as we saw, even when you throw Sid the Kid vs. The Wings in the CUP FINALS it barely makes a dent.