Thread: Gurley's ACL vs Ajayi's ACL

Default Gurley's ACL vs Ajayi's ACL

Is there a difference between the two? I ask because several recent reports (see: ROTOWORLD) note NFL personnel's concern over Ajayi's knee but not Gurley's.

Why all of a sudden concern over one's knee but not the other? Or is this just pre-draft some-and-mirrors??
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Re: Gurley's ACL vs Ajayi's ACL

i think it's because Ajayi's knee is showing signs of requiring surgery in the near future. I think it is just a team drafting at the top that wants him to slide into the 3rd or 4th round, that's releasing these reports.

Dobber Sports Titan

Every injury is different. As little as a little bit less meniscus in one player’s knee could be the difference between McCoy and Helu Jr kinda deal. Also looking through X-Rays they could see one player developing “scar tissue” and say, you hit to the knee and he’s lost all his power. I’m not 100% on these guys but maybe one player is more cut and juke (hard on the knees), and another is more power running (not as bad unless he falls awkwardly). Straight line guys with speed can recover their game easier after knee injuries vs guys that cut and juke a lot like CJ2K.

I’d just trust the NFL scouts and say if one is falling, there’s a reason really. And it’s mostly based on safety of the pick, and less on talent.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Grand Master

From the sounds of it, Ajayi's knee isn't really healable, whereas Gurley's knee is expected to get back to full health. All the cartilage in Ajayi's knee is basically gone and it might only hold up for another 2 or 3 years before he can no longer play football.

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    From the sounds of it, Ajayi's knee isn't really healable, whereas Gurley's knee is expected to get back to full health. All the cartilage in Ajayi's knee is basically gone and it might only hold up for another 2 or 3 years before he can no longer play football.
    Didn't Ajayi also carry the rock a ton (800+)? Or am I thinking of another rookie RB?
    @SmittysRant